Poll: how do u feel about this concept

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    i have all the faith in the world in your ability to make a class worthy of the game, you just don't seem to be taking it seriously yet.

the problem is, you believe you are taking it seriously. i'm not speaking form a place of ignorance though, you know me well Don. i've been here with you before.
    you try too hard to make a class that's all glimmer and flash, something that seems cool and you tool around to make it work. that's fine and fun, but it's not what's going to get you a class installed in WoW. you're designing classes for a game that's not made yet currently.

if you want one for WoW than you've got to work the other end around. find a basic concept like "necromancer" look at how the game currently uses that concept and what can be expanded. think hard on what's provided and not what you want. think hard on the basic mechanics and how they can be twisted some.

there is potential here, but you're not giving me steak, you're giving me sizzle and sizzle.... well sizzle doesn't have a shelf life.
    woah that was actually a very constructive suggestion =P. I am very happy that u decided to contribute by giving me a 3rd party opinion! It sure clears my mind a bit more but still does not convince me all the way I must say... I can see my concepts being a bit OP in a few aspects, or sometimes feel too cool, but believe me, i am taking this serious enough to the point where I consider the effect each move will have on every spec. Not to mention other classes since that's a given!

About the mechanics I do think outside the box when i can (thank u ^^) but I always have in mind the part where it comes into reality and if it fits the "rule code" of the game. But I do always start from the main Blizzard concept and I never derive too much from it, or so I want to believe(except for the demon hunter class, that one had to be different lol). Otherwise, if ur suggesting for me to stick to the current gameplay and boundaries that the game has I think THAT would b a waste of time, cause that I think Blizzard can do anyway and it wouldn't attract newcomers into the game.

But my changes/additions do not exclude the fact that if they were to be implemented, there is a fair amount of tweaking the current classes could benefit from in order to keep up with the changes. After all, change is always a step into the future

Edit: but if u were to name a thing that u think is unfit for WOW, what would it be. U can use any of my concepts.
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2012-12-10 at 05:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree with the Fish. You try too hard, sad as that is to say. You want it to be so flashy and complex, but WoW has shown over time that people want something that is deceptively simple on the surface but, in order to truly master, requires practice and understanding. These classes/trees are just not something that fits in with WoW, but definitely could form the basis of a new game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I have to agree with the Fish. You try too hard, sad as that is to say. You want it to be so flashy and complex, but WoW has shown over time that people want something that is deceptively simple on the surface but, in order to truly master, requires practice and understanding. These classes/trees are just not something that fits in with WoW, but definitely could form the basis of a new game.
    okay then it seems we now stand at a tie. But plz help me by telling me where do u see such outrageous complexity... I could use some simple solutions =)

Deleted
    Just added the gameplay! Plz *try* to enjoy the read for me =P

Not sure we need another Hero class. With the amount of Homogenization being suggested in other threads and the already epic scale of all of the current classes, we should maybe modify existing classes rather than making new ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Not sure we need another Hero class. With the amount of Homogenization being suggested in other threads and the already epic scale of all of the current classes, we should maybe modify existing classes rather than making new ones.
    I'm not sure wherwe ur trying to get at with homogenization argument. Are u saying that people want every class to be the same, like a ultra homophobic game lol? Or are u talking abount buff homogenization? Cause the latter makes more sense =P. I mean did the monks break any of those homogenizations brought to the gameframe in the pre release patch? New classes like these fulfill that type of perequisite =9.
    And modify, AGAIN something that is perfected is not gonna make it more perfect... Sure a little tweaks here in there for balance, but the things I've seen suggested are just *sigh*...poor

Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    I'm not sure wherwe ur trying to get at with homogenization argument. Are u saying that people want every class to be the same, like a ultra homophobic game lol? Or are u talking abount buff homogenization? Cause the latter makes more sense =P. I mean did the monks break any of those homogenizations brought to the gameframe in the pre release patch? New classes like these fulfill that type of perequisite =9.
    And modify, AGAIN something that is perfected is not gonna make it more perfect... Sure a little tweaks here in there for balance, but the things I've seen suggested are just *sigh*...poor
    Well, I said homogenization, so I meant just that. Just in case you misunderstood me, homogenization meaning standardize, or make equal. In other threads, not this thread, as I pointed out previously, everyone has been asking for extreme balance to make the game more fair. Much like their thread, this thread finds the idea of adding a new hero class. Blizzard already has a hero class. Hopefully it ends there. Otherwise, they might as well just Hero the already existing classes and give each a more defined epic spec. By raising every class to hero status, it is just another form of standardization. Your signature line would suggest you are in favor of such an event by recommending 6 new heroic classes. Personally, I feel DKs were a bit of a stretch, monks are unnecessary, and we would be just fine without the last 3 races that have been introduced.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like I like it, I personally would add a few things, but in essence, this is a class I would really like to play.

Unfortunately I'm pretty busy these days, but at Christmas I would like to analyze in deep the proposal of the OP and also I would make my suggestions.

Keep it up!

Deleted
    Well, I said homogenization, so I meant just that. Just in case you misunderstood me, homogenization meaning standardize, or make equal. In other threads, not this thread, as I pointed out previously, everyone has been asking for extreme balance to make the game more fair. Much like their thread, this thread finds the idea of adding a new hero class. Blizzard already has a hero class. Hopefully it ends there. Otherwise, they might as well just Hero the already existing classes and give each a more defined epic spec. By raising every class to hero status, it is just another form of standardization. Your signature line would suggest you are in favor of such an event by recommending 6 new heroic classes. Personally, I feel DKs were a bit of a stretch, monks are unnecessary, and we would be just fine without the last 3 races that have been introduced.
    Exactly what I understood m8, but I don't see the connection u made that a new class breaks up that homogenization. As long as it follows the rules of other classes. And u must know that DK's are othing more nothing less than any other class, so they could instead just downgrade it to a normal class. But they won't because there are factors like starting in lvl 60 and with a mount and with a toon lvl 50, which change the description of this class to "Hero". But in gameplaying, there is absolutly nothing to point out on DK's regarding overpower above other classes. And actually, it makes more sense to have hero in a DK than Hero in a current or any other new vanilla classes' spec, because what importance is there and what do u care really? it's just a title. Unless u'r talking abount making the same conditions for these new hero specs. That sounds a bit too sketchy to me but w/e...
    I really can't grasp why u call adding hero classes a standardization since that does not apply to all classes -_^. Anyway, isn'tthere a worgen in ur sig =)?

Sorry, I figured you misunderstood when I read your off the wall comment " Are u saying that people want every class to be the same, like a ultra homophobic game lol?". Yes. There is a worgen in my sig. I was hoping for a Gnome Hunter but went Druid instead. Since I pretty much hate the feel of Night Elves and refuse to play Horde, my choices were limited to say the least. My only concern was your sig line implies more HERO classes, which to me meant more instant 55s, which meant more mid level toons that have no idea how to play their class but get to skip straight to outlands.

It's all pretty much speculation and opinions anyways. So good luck to ya.

I am not a fan of heroic classes, starting at near 60 for me not only cuts out 40% of the experience but it also means a lot of people start pugging with no freaking clue what these 30 abilities do, just smashing buttons does not work. Starting with 4 and working your way up gives you a more grounded experience with your class.

I also don't see necromancers using leather, they have always been mages who focus upon the necromantic arts. Mages wear cloth in your typical fantasy setting. Death Knights however are heavily armored elite soldiers of the Liche King, imbued with his power.

I would also like to see necromancy actually using undead corpses to do what they do. I'm sorry GW2 players but a necromancer is not somebody who smacks guts and muscles into a floating blob thing and runs around fighting, thats what I like about Rifts necromancer, he raises skeletons, wights, wraiths ect. Wow's necromancer needs to be able to do that.

I think it would do well for OP to look into where in wow necromancy originates from, which as far as I can tell in the books the power of necromancy was first employed by the burning legion, and thats where the LIche King got his start was the burning legion. Look into how the game fields necromancers.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2012-12-13 at 08:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    I like I like it, I personally would add a few things, but in essence, this is a class I would really like to play.

Unfortunately I'm pretty busy these days, but at Christmas I would like to analyze in deep the proposal of the OP and also I would make my suggestions.

Keep it up!
    Thank you man =). I would be very pleased if u could help cause I really want this to please you cause u were one of the first to request it .
    But this is only version 1 and as I did, and actually still do, I will keep on upgrading the class as best as I can!
    Cya u in a few days then and merry Christmas =^)

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I am not a fan of heroic classes, starting at near 60 for me not only cuts out 40% of the experience but it also means a lot of people start pugging with no freaking clue what these 30 abilities do, just smashing buttons does not work. Starting with 4 and working your way up gives you a more grounded experience with your class.

I also don't see necromancers using leather, they have always been mages who focus upon the necromantic arts. Mages wear cloth in your typical fantasy setting. Death Knights however are heavily armored elite soldiers of the Liche King, imbued with his power.

I would also like to see necromancy actually using undead corpses to do what they do. I'm sorry GW2 players but a necromancer is not somebody who smacks guts and muscles into a floating blob thing and runs around fighting, thats what I like about Rifts necromancer, he raises skeletons, wights, wraiths ect. Wow's necromancer needs to be able to do that.

I think it would do well for OP to look into where in wow necromancy originates from, which as far as I can tell in the books the power of necromancy was first employed by the burning legion, and thats where the LIche King got his start was the burning legion. Look into how the game fields necromancers.
    This makes sense. Maybe since Necromancers already exist in Diablo, they might make a BETTER platform to start on since all WoW characters seem to come from other Blizz products.

Deleted
    Sorry, I figured you misunderstood when I read your off the wall comment " Are u saying that people want every class to be the same, like a ultra homophobic game lol?". Yes. There is a worgen in my sig. I was hoping for a Gnome Hunter but went Druid instead. Since I pretty much hate the feel of Night Elves and refuse to play Horde, my choices were limited to say the least. My only concern was your sig line implies more HERO classes, which to me meant more instant 55s, which meant more mid level toons that have no idea how to play their class but get to skip straight to outlands.

It's all pretty much speculation and opinions anyways. So good luck to ya.
    Yh but it's a bit of a contradiction to say you disregard Worgens and yet play one lol.
    But apart from that u said and I have to agree, hero classes start at 55. But this does not imply that u will see an increase in noobs, actually I see the opposite. It may not be the case with DK's since the perequisite to have one can be obtained by RaF or SoR and voilá but if u read these u can see it's not that simple =).
    But thx for the cheering up man =)

Yh but it's a bit of a contradiction to say you disregard Worgens and yet play one lol.
    But apart from that u said and I have to agree, hero classes start at 55. But this does not imply that u will see an increase in noobs, actually I see the opposite. It may not be the case with DK's since the perequisite to have one can be obtained by RaF or SoR and voilá but if u read these u can see it's not that simple =).
    But thx for the cheering up man =)
    RaF and SoR are just scams by Blizz to keep players paying to play. Just more proof that high level toons are not always run by competent players

If Necromancer was a lvl 1 class, and based on the D3 model, I would vote for it and probably even roll one. I have no interest in supporting more insta-high level alts. DKs were a mistake. They should have started at lvl 1 in Mail gear in their own zone (like Panda, Worgen, or Goblins) and when they hit level 12, get sent to their main city. Then at lvl 40, they learn plate mail and their class mount. LvL 55 insta-toons were a mistake, one of which I hope Blizzard would never duplicate.

Death Knight = Runecaster Idea + Necromancer Idea.

That being said, it'd be interesting if they included like a prestige class that you can upgrade your character to. The class wouldn't be stronger than the other class, but would have more emphasis on the play style.

The Death Knight could upgrade to a Necromancer and increase his unholy/spell capabilities by throwing in some flavors from shadow priests.
    Priests could build up their bodies and powers through darker arts and become Necromancers.

Hunters could upgrade to a Demon Hunter and include fel magic from the Demonology warlocks.
    Warlocks could aside their robes and let their vengeance give birth to a more combative form of fel power and become Demon Hunters

Warriors could power up by adding magical enhancement to their attacks utilizing Mage trees to make Battle mages.
    Mages could learn a more adaptive combat style from veteran warriors and become Battle mages.

Druids could expand their powers past nature and into the elements as Primal Invokers and incorporate Elemental Shaman powers.
    Shamans could study to bring the primal elements together and wield the power of life as Primal Invokers.

Monks could study more darker methods of combat and study under Rogue masters to become Ninjas/Assassins
    Stealthy rogues could learn discipline and better control of their bodies by studying under monks and become Ninjas/Assassins.

I got nothing for pallys... Depends on what the 12th class will be, I guess.

Deleted
    RaF and SoR are just scams by Blizz to keep players paying to play. Just more proof that high level toons are not always run by competent players

If Necromancer was a lvl 1 class, and based on the D3 model, I would vote for it and probably even roll one. I have no interest in supporting more insta-high level alts. DKs were a mistake. They should have started at lvl 1 in Mail gear in their own zone (like Panda, Worgen, or Goblins) and when they hit level 12, get sent to their main city. Then at lvl 40, they learn plate mail and their class mount. LvL 55 insta-toons were a mistake, one of which I hope Blizzard would never duplicate.
    But apart from the hero factor that u don't like, this has much of the D3 elements like summoning various pets whilst still being very true to the Warcraft lore with the specs and everything else. Ibasiclly it has the best of each game =D. With a very unique gameplay that I coined to it ofc ^^. Just give it an eye fuck and reply again =)

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Id LOVE to play an necromancer, but i want the necro from diablo 2, bone/poison spells would been AWESOME. bone would be physical and poison be nature
    This or GTFO.

I'm not one of the people who knew about WoW lore before I started playing and I still can't find the effort to care 6 years later. I personally don't care about what it would take to get the style/feel of a D2 Necro because I'd happily throw all the moneys at it. Bone would be a blast to play in the WoW setting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Death Knight = Runecaster Idea + Necromancer Idea.
    for me deathe knight is a death knight and a necromancer is a necromancer and a runmaster, not runecaster, is that exactly. Simply because the way you said, mages, priests, paladins, and every other mana user would be called spellcasters and should form a one class only. Happy with that?

That being said, it'd be interesting if they included like a prestige class that you can upgrade your character to. The class wouldn't be stronger than the other class, but would have more emphasis on the play style.
    And how would that work? as a spec or a class?
    If it's a class then I don't see much difference on my own ideas -_-[/quote]

for me deathe knight is a death knight and a necromancer is a necromancer and a runmaster, not runecaster, is that exactly. Simply because the way you said, mages, priests, paladins, and every other mana user would be called spellcasters and should form a one class only. Happy with that?

And how would that work? as a spec or a class?
    If it's a class then I don't see much difference on my own ideas -_-
    [/QUOTE]
    What I was trying to explain was that Blizz took their idea for a Runemaster and their idea for a Necromancer and mashed them together to make the Death Knight. Particularly the Unholy tree's ghoul manipulation, bone armor, etc. from Diablo 2.

What they didn't incorporate was bone walls, bone spells (Teeth, Bone Spear) and poison abilities. That could be a possible venue.

That being said, the idea was that you take the character you have an irreversibly turn it into a new class utilizing their original spells, spells from the second class, and completely original spells. Both classes would have the option of upgrading to the same prestige class.