Poll: Would you want a cross-region auction house?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Would you want a cross region auction house?

What do I mean? It means that all the auction houses in Europe for example would be linked. So you could post something on the ah and have someone on another server buy it and viceversa. Same goes for USA and Asia and whatever other regions there are. So it's regionwide.

So, would you?
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2012-12-09 at 10:25 PM.

I think you mean regionwide...Anyways I'd support it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Hell no.

It is already hard to camp the AH as it is with the amount of undercutters, cross region AH means you have to bloody live in there to sell anything.

I'd only be for a cross-realm AH if they added some kind of cd or limit when you cancel an auction. As of right now, there few individuals on every realm that will scan the AH constantly and undercut you in minutes. If cross realm ever got into the picture, this problem would become so much worse :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes x 100000000000 times.

I make gold through dailies and other stuff, not through playing the AH so I've never worried much about "running" the AH on my server. I'm on one of those small, low population servers that got left behind to barely survive and there's generally very little on it to begin with. When there is, it's super expensive, and for items like cut gems, it's entirely possible for one or two people to run the entire server's prices which really isn't fair if they're really hiking them up.

It wouldn't have to be region-wide but I would like it if they allowed a couple of low pop realms to be cross realm AH'd with a high pop realm or something similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roia View Post
    I'd only be for a cross-realm AH if they added some kind of cd or limit when you cancel an auction. As of right now, there few individuals on every realm that will scan the AH constantly and undercut you in minutes. If cross realm ever got into the picture, this problem would become so much worse :/
    Hence I said, you would have to live in the AH to sell anything, ever.

I'll quit WoW the day this happens

Eve uses a server wide system like this and it works very well there. I think Eve has the most stable economy out of ANY mmo that I have played. Blizz might have to figure out a way to disable add-on scanning of the AH or something like that to make it work but in the end it "could" make the wow economy better.

I am on a high pop server right now and I need to spam cancel and post my auctions to keep up not being undercut and it also takes ages too scan AH with addons. If they would merge server AHs it would be so much more undercutting and endless pages of shit to scan

10+ Year Old Account
    Check: Brilliant Ruby

wait....

wait...

wait...

Return with 8275 results.

I am not even going to bother to shop on my WoW app during lunch time at work....

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Hence I said, you would have to live in the AH to sell anything, ever.
    If a sufficient deterrent to the current undercutting model was put in place, it would become less of an issue. Like the deposit being a percentage of what your selling it for, or the amount of auction's you could cancel in a day to be 20, etc.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 05:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    I am on a high pop server right now and I need to spam cancel and post my auctions to keep up not being undercut and it also takes ages too scan AH with addons. If they would merge server AHs it would be so much more undercutting and endless pages of shit to scan
    Every addon has a "fast scan" option which takes seconds (not minutes) on a reasonable quick internet connection.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    I think you mean regionwide...Anyways I'd support it.
    Yes, that's what I meant, couldn't think of the word, thanks.

Wouldn't bother me. It would drop the price of everything considerably.

Elfing NO! I'm against cross realm ANYTHING! If if sucks on a server move those people and be done with it.

Deleted
    Talking about undercutting. I belive that practice would become a bit more controlled after a while. I mean think about it, if you have undercutters undercutting eachother all the time, in a few hours the price of any item would go down to 1 copper.

So all the undercutters would end in a loss. So most likely the add-on creators of the add-ons they use would put an option to set a bottom limit under which the price can never go, since... let's be honest, who'd want to sell their awesome legendary sword of awesomness for 1 copper? And then the market would become more stable.

Absolutely. It would be fantastic for people stuck on dead servers.

People complaining don't seem to understand how supply and demand works. Yes there would be more sellers to compete with, there would also be more buyers to sell to, while there would be some initial price adjustment for some servers (some people would experience price increases others price decreases) it is unlikely the market prices would change that significantly from what their averages already are.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    So most likely the add-on creators of the add-ons they use would put an option to set a bottom limit under which the price can never go, since
    That already exists in AH addons.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-12-09 at 10:46 PM.

I would only go as far as battlegroups. But maybe more so for low pop servers in those battlegroups to be connected.

Deleted
    Would love it, but they may have to adjust how easy its to gather mats and such so they dont drop down to vendor prices, its already silly low on most of things (medium-high pop servers).

10+ Year Old Account
    No..., why? because these will affect those people that actually "play" AH, but i think some servers AH should merge, like the low population servers AH with 1 of a High Population server AH

10+ Year Old Account
    More stuff = cheaper prices. I stopped the AH game in Wrath and make gold through LFD/LFR/Dailies but I can see why people would be pissed.