Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So there you go. it's a little one-off event with no lasting impacts.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I highly doubt that would happen.
    The two haven't been real friends since Wrath and even prior to this you gotta remember the two were really an alliance of convenience. To add to this why would the Blood Elves start being friendly again with a race of people who are becoming like the same people who obliterated their own race?
    They were quite chummy in BC actually, Sylvanas actually showed some compassion for Silvermoon and was the main reason for them to join The Horde, they exist now in a alliance of mutual agreement. Granted the blood elves don't need forsaken troops in Ghostlands anymore but that doesn't change the fact that the Forsaken are the most powerful Horde presence in the Eastern Kingdoms, they would probably beat Silvermoon in a war but that'll leave them devastated from a pointless war and leave Lordearon ripe for Alliance conquest. Dalaran however has royally pissed of Theron, he'd probably dig deep to get even at Jaina and Vereesa.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I'm watching these screenshots here (awesome job btw, thanks!) and I gotta say I'm surprised we get to play all that! Until now when one faction did something unquestionably evil, players always found a way to remain free of blame. The bombing on the Wrathgate? Those were rogue forsaken, not us! Attack on Camp Taura'jo? Rogue Alliances, players didn't have anything to do with it! Theramore? We were there just to rescue some elf, we had no idea there was a bigass bomb coming in!

The purge of Dalaran on the other hand actually has you invading the Sunreaver's lairs and killing their people there. Player's characters can't act ignorant of the evil being done here, if they were trully innocent they'd try to reason with Jaina or at least contact Varian before entering shops and slaughtering their vendors. I wonder if the Horde will also have quest events that damn our characters like that, personally I think that adds a lot more depth to the "heroes" of Warcraft, although I'd prefer if we actually could choose our paths, even if the result was the same. Imagine if Alliance players actually had the option to try to contact Varian before Jaina did something so harsh, even if they failed to prevent the purge itself.
    The morality of the issue is certainly gray, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it evil. All of those 'innocents' attack you first when you go in. They are taking up arms and resisting. Maybe you don't agree with Jaina's decision, and that's fine. But we're not going after defenseless people here. Those that surrender are not killed. Only those that insist on fighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    The Horde have the Divine Bell, I'm sure many alliance asses will be kicked when Garrosh rings that shit. I'm also praying for the blood elves to re-affirm their alliance with The Forsaken, blood elves and undead go after the Silver Covenant and Sylvanas finally rids herself of the one thing that keeps her tied to her former life, her sisters. I want her to kill Vareesa, for one epic shit storm.
    Yeah... anyone get the feeling Blizz might pull a Wrath of the Lich Queen next because of all the calls for Sylvanas to go even more evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    The Horde have the Divine Bell, I'm sure many alliance asses will be kicked when Garrosh rings that shit. I'm also praying for the blood elves to re-affirm their alliance with The Forsaken, blood elves and undead go after the Silver Covenant and Sylvanas finally rids herself of the one thing that keeps her tied to her former life, her sisters. I want her to kill Vareesa, for one epic shit storm.
    Spoilers ahead.

I just finished the Operation Shieldwall quest line today, and the Divine Bell is destroyed at the end of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    The morality of the issue is certainly gray, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it evil. All of those 'innocents' attack you first when you go in. They are taking up arms and resisting. Maybe you don't agree with Jaina's decision, and that's fine. But we're not going after defenseless people here. Those that surrender are not killed. Only those that insist on fighting.
    It's not a matter of being defenseless, it's just the reason for fighting here. They are fighting to protect their homes. Even if Aethas did allow Garrosh to move forces through Dalaran, you can't hold all Sunreavers for that to the point of ordering that they be arrested or killed.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Yeah... anyone get the feeling Blizz might pull a Wrath of the Lich Queen next because of all the calls for Sylvanas to go even more evil?
    I want her to die as martyr, to finaly break the inaction of the Forsaken.

That storyline is great it gives room for so much possibilities, there is now a real great rift between Silvermoon and Dalaran, which were allied for almost 2000 years. I do hope the blood elves will start training spellbreakers again for the sole purpose of killing Kirin'tor and a shoot on sight order for every silver covenant high elf that steps into Quel'thalas.

The Kirin'tor on the other hand should use some of their artifacts to counter Garrosh's onslaught.

Aethas was rather foolish not to leave the city -.-

Ill scribble you out of existence!

Hahaha, so cartoony.

Forgot about the horde killing Varessa's husband, and I dislike how soft Varian is becoming. Being a human version of Thrall is so lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Forgot about the horde killing Varessa's husband, and I dislike how soft Varian is becoming. Being a human version of Thrall is so lame.

The death of Rhonin was one of best events, unfortunately his trophy wife escaped the blast, too bad. Varian is actually behaving now much like his older self during the second war, the warmongering King of Stormwind was not his real personality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Ill scribble you out of existence!

Hahaha, so cartoony.

I like it, Varian has his reasons for becoming this way so it's warrented, he was having consequences. Garrosh isn't having any due to the fact it's building up.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    That just seems unfair to me....a magical flying fortress/city that holds vast amounts of power/ artifacts (including the focusing iris used to destroy theramore) with the ability to transport armies within the blink of eye..

It would be nice if the horde could claim the sunwell...i doubt the narru/ shattered sun would be happy about it though >.< Also it may be that the sunwell just existing would radiate enough power to keep the high elfs sane rather than them having to visit it...although the horde could probably find a way to contain it to just belfs :P
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2012-12-10 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    That just seems unfair to me....a magical flying fortress/city that holds vast amounts of power/ artifacts (including the focusing iris used to destroy theramore) with the ability to transport armies within the blink of eye..

It would be nice if the horde could claim the sunwell...i doubt the narru/ shattered sun would be happy about it though >.< Also it may be that the sunwell just existing would radiate enough power to keep the high elfs sane rather than them having to visit it...although the horde could probably find a way to contain it to just belfs :P
    Lorewise Quel'danas is horde territory, the blood elves have full control over the sunwell, in theory they could cut off the high elves from the well, but unlikely won't do so since the silver covenant is just a fragment of the high elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I like it, Varian has his reasons for becoming this way so it's warrented, he was having consequences. Garrosh isn't having any due to the fact it's building up.
    Varian is trying to bring the Alliance back together after they pretty much fractured in Cata.

Garrosh is just exploiting a fracturing Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Lorewise Quel'danas is horde territory, the blood elves have full control over the sunwell, in theory they could cut off the high elves from the well, but unlikely won't do so since the silver covenant is just a fragment of the high elves.
    Hmm, I can't see Lorthe'mar doing that either. He is after all the ruler of both Blood Elves and High Elves and his Leader Short Story shows he already feels guilty about what happened to the High Elves. I don't think he'd willingly cut the last tie that hold these two groups together, even if Garrosh and Jaina are doing everything they can to separate both groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually really glad they're pushing the Kirin Tor vs Silvermoon as rivals. Vereesa and her goons alone make pathetic opponents to the sin'dorei (the 10% vs the 90% isn't so much a war as it is a drawn out execution), but the Kingdom of Dalaran vs the Kingdom of Quel'Thalas evens the playing field a bit. This is good. Rommath and Jaina, Halduron and Vereesa, the Magisters and the Kirin Tor, the Sunreavers and the Silver Covenant... There's a lot of potential there. Mostly magical, sure, but hey.

Hopefully some more conflict comes of it. Both Jaina and Lor'themar end the quest chains stating that they're mobilizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Hmm, I can't see Lorthe'mar doing that either. He is after all the ruler of both Blood Elves and High Elves and his Leader Short Story shows he already feels guilty about what happened to the High Elves. I don't think he'd willingly cut the last tie that hold these two groups together, even if Garrosh and Jaina are doing everything they can to separate both groups.
    Which was my point he would do it to the silver covenant in a heartbeat, he didn't even want them in Quel'thalas as the Amani threat loomed above them, that gives you food for thought, just what kind of stupid stunt the trophy wife must have pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I'm actually really glad they're pushing the Kirin Tor vs Silvermoon as rivals. Vereesa and her goons alone make pathetic opponents to the sin'dorei (the 10% vs the 90% isn't so much a war as it is a drawn out execution), but the Kingdom of Dalaran vs the Kingdom of Quel'Thalas evens the playing field a bit. This is good. Rommath and Jaina, Halduron and Vereesa, the Magisters and the Kirin Tor, the Sunreavers and the Silver Covenant... There's a lot of potential there. Mostly magical, sure, but hey.

Hopefully some more conflict comes of it. Both Jaina and Lor'themar end the quest chains stating that they're mobilizing.
    I want Spellbreakers, hundreds of them, specially trained to slaughter magi ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Vereesa and her goons alone make pathetic opponents to the sin'dorei (the 10% vs the 90% isn't so much a war as it is a drawn out execution)
    Not to mention Vereesa does not command all of the high elves, only a fraction.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2012-12-10 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post

It is supposed to be unfair. How better to show that Garrosh's leadership has brought the horde to the brink of destruction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I want her to die as martyr, to finaly break the inaction of the Forsaken.
    What inaction?
    They've always done some significant since Wrath being one of the most developed and active races during Cata. If anything they're one of the races that has received the most development in WoW as excluding TBC they've always been involved in some new plot.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-12-10 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    What inaction?
    They've always done some significant since Wrath being one of the most developed and active races during Cata. If anything they're one of the races that has received the most development in WoW as excluding TBC they've always been involved in some new plot.
    Even in Bc they had this whole helping the blood elves deal, not to mention at the end of Bc Putress cured the Plague that ravaged Azeroth.