Guildwars 2 Admins terminate 34,000 botting accounts : Meanwhile in WoW...

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/m...inst-the-bots/

I can't even visit the auction house without encountering bots. My AH toon is parked in Darnassus. Yesterday I was appalled to discover while posting auctions, no less than four (4) level 1 Druid AH bots standing ON TOP of each other RUNNING THE EXACT same script. I am NOT posting a screenie as I will most probably be banned by a Moderator for violating the "naming and shaming" policy.

Battlegrounds are filled with bots. The Auction House is filled with bots. There are even bots who control whole markets, especially enchanting, glyph and leatheworking markets. These bots are programmed to log in after a specific interval of time, mass cancel auctions, and mass post auctions undercutting others at the same time.

In addition, the Trade Chat is getting spammed by dozens of bots advertising Battleground Services, selling gametime for gold, selling wow gold for real money, and selling Diablo Gold, Diablo Items, and even server transfers.

I am using the IGNORE MORE addon, and I have got if I remember well, over 200 botter toons on ignore, some with FKJKJLFKLJF names. Blizzard must be doing something seriously wrong in their "war against bots", or they must somehow benefit from botters.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Arena Net has better technology to track these bots down than Blizzard has.

SO why not play GW2? I don't understand your post.
    If the food is bad and only getting worse why not just eat somewhere else?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard used to do these mass "for show" bannings. But they've decided banning on a case-by-case basis is more effective then waiting for 34,000 cases to pile up and then mass banning.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

My server still doesn't have this bot problem people are whining about.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Closing this because it will only spark a game vs game argument. There are other threads that have been discussing problems with bots in WoW.