Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    I can't figure out why there are two people piloting them though. They are in the head the head of the "mech" but there are two pilots it seems.
    Well why does everything have to be a copy?
    Aslong as the movie is OK, i won't complain :P

Deleted
    I can't figure out why there are two people piloting them though. They are in the head the head of the "mech" but there are two pilots it seems.
    So you can't steal it or if one of them wants to hjack it he can't. Both pilots are neuro-linked so them both are required to operate. If one knows the other wants to do something out of the mission the other is there to not let that happend. At least that's my explanation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    So you can't steal it or if one of them wants to hjack it he can't. Both pilots are neuro-linked so them both are required to operate. If one knows the other wants to do something out of the mission the other is there to not let that happend. At least that's my explanation.
    I'm fine with that, except if you watch the trailers they are moving in unison. Neuro-linked = simultaneous movement? Just seems odd to me.

Also @Adonael, what on Earth are you talking about?

Deleted
    I'm fine with that, except if you watch the trailers they are moving in unison. Neuro-linked = simultaneous movement? Just seems odd to me.

Also @Adonael, what on Earth are you talking about?
    Nevermind that,,, i messed it up i was thinking of something else and then i realized i fuxed up
    .. but yeah head should only have 1 pilot [ just like in Gurren Lagann]
    we willl find out Soon!'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adonael View Post
    Nevermind that,,, i messed it up i was thinking of something else and then i realized i fuxed up
    .. but yeah head should only have 1 pilot [ just like in Gurren Lagann]
    Lol, ok. You had me completely confused.

I am pretty optimistic about this movie too. I have watched all the trailers and I think it has a lot of potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Gundam meets Godzilla every time I see a trailer for this movie.

I'm guessing it has something to do with how to process the actual mechs.

Maybe each person acts as a single hemisphere of the brain of the mech lol

I hope they have a good reason why. (Maybe show the consequences when you don't actually have 2 people piloting)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acideyeliner View Post
    Gundams and Aperture? AND directed by del Toro? Ermagerd, YES. Extremely hyped about this movie.
    errr its pretty much evangelion.. which is a film i would have prefered but i love del toro so ill save judgement until ive seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    errr its pretty much evangelion.. which is a film i would have prefered but i love del toro so ill save judgement until ive seen it.
    yeah, getting a bigger evangelion vibe then a gundam vibe on this one.
    Sadly enough most mecha movies are quite shitty, hoping something nice will come along - and this would be it.

Of course. Evangelion is the only Giant Robot movie in history.

Deleted
    Meh it's got those 2 guys from Sons Of Anarchy in it...cant stand that shitty show.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Of course. Evangelion is the only Giant Robot movie in history.
    unknown monsters start attacking earth.. government starts making massive robots / cyborgs piloted by human to fight back. Yeah doesnt sounds anything like it..

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Meh it's got those 2 guys from Sons Of Anarchy in it...cant stand that shitty show.

great show.. with added english powah.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-04-30 at 09:32 AM.

this duel pilot thing made me think about evangelion heavily, most likely taken from the show.
    whilst they do not pilot a single suit with the two of them, it's almost the same principle;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60YmSkeVWO8

unknown monsters start attacking earth.. government starts making massive robots / cyborgs piloted by human to fight back. Yeah doesnt sounds anything like it..
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060038/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

the monsters often prove too strong for the Earth forces to stop. When that happens, Hiyata uses a beta capsule given to him by the alien. When he activates it, he transforms into the giant superhero, Urutoraman, who has the power necessary to protect Earth.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086824/

This series focuses on 5 lion robots and their pilots as they defend the galaxy and planet Arus vs. the forces of King Zarkon and Prince Lotor from planet Doom.

etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    this duel pilot thing made me think about evangelion heavily, most likely taken from the show.
    whilst they do not pilot a single suit with the two of them, it's almost the same principle
    The dual pilot thing in Pacific rims seems like a plot device that forces the co-pilots to interact with each other. In the trailer you see one of the pilots "reliving" the memories of the other pilot (wife, child, swing, etc). These memories will likely create drama and what not.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-04-30 at 09:48 AM.

The mechs are piloted through a neural link, but one human mind can't take the full strain. The two pilot system lets each pilot share half the load and fight for longer. The pilots are connected through a strong mental bond (siblings, best friends, lovers, etc) and shared memories to synch up with each other and the mech.

The Japanese mech is actually rather weak (ironic I know) since being an early model mech it only has one pilot and it's operation time is very limited.

guillermo del toro and ron pearlman are in it and it looks pretty awesome for a summer movie. I'll go see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    The mechs are piloted through a neural link, but one human mind can't take the full strain. The two pilot system lets each pilot share half the load and fight for longer. The pilots are connected through a strong mental bond (siblings, best friends, lovers, etc) and shared memories to synch up with each other and the mech.

The Japanese mech is actually rather weak (ironic I know) since being an early model mech it only has one pilot and it's operation time is very limited.
    This is exactly why. I read interviews with Del Toro and he said it takes one for each side of the mech and there are dire consequences for anyone trying to run a mech solo, insinuating that it happens during the movie.

On a side note, after watching that Wondercon trailer all I could articulate was O M F G. With Marvel doing it's thing, new Star Wars on the horizon and now this, just about every childhood dream is coming true. It's an amazing time to be alive for geeks everywhere. I'm just hoping the karma bus doesn't run me over before I have a chance to watch all these films of uber badassery.
    Last edited by Budong; 2013-04-30 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    This is exactly why. I read interviews with Del Toro and he said it takes one for each side of the mech and there are dire consequences for anyone trying to run a mech solo, insinuating that it happens during the movie.

On a side note, after watching that Wondercon trailer all I could articulate was O M F G. With Marvel doing it's thing, new Star Wars on the horizon and now this, just about every childhood dream is coming true. It's an amazing time to be alive for geeks everywhere. I'm just hoping the karma bus doesn't run me over before I have a chance to watch all these films of uber badassery.
    Agreed. The first things I remember watching on a television where Transformers and Godzilla. The former already got an awesome movie series and if this movie and the new Godzilla next year cause a renaissance of the kaiju genre on the big screen my life will be pretty much complete.

We'll just forget that not-Godzilla movie from 1998 ever happened.

Deleted
    so nothing alike except it has monsters. got ya

this is more like evangelion.. similar but not the same.

The dual pilot thing in Pacific rims seems like a plot device that forces the co-pilots to interact with each other. In the trailer you see one of the pilots "reliving" the memories of the other pilot (wife, child, swing, etc). These memories will likely create drama and what not.
    so it has the whole psychic link thing that evangelion has.. except a slight twist and its with a dual pilot. lol totally different.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh yes, I forgot the kids of today, u do realize that robots vs. monsters has its roots to the old japanese shogun warriors anime... Mazinga, Danguard Ace and etc... Evangelion wasn't the first, kids!

still will go see this movie... it should be way better than any of Bayformers movies.