Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekked View Post
    how much does blademasters hit for with their special ability on HC?
    It hits for quite a bit, but not enough to kill raid members in oneshot if they're healed to full. You'll still need to be careful if you're a bit low from the aoe the boss does and use small defensive cooldowns accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpurin View Post
    It hits for quite a bit, but not enough to kill raid members in oneshot if they're healed to full. You'll still need to be careful if you're a bit low from the aoe the boss does and use small defensive cooldowns accordingly.
    Depends on whether they have stacks of quickening. If you're comp has a priest or two, mass dispels trivialize this. Otherwise, you need to have people on purge duty, where sometimes it's easy for them to miss one or two of the blademasters before they attack. Almost everyone has some sort of a personal mitigation CD or a stance they can shift to to help mitigate the damage. In addition, healers can throw an external on the target. Palys with clemency are great for this, because they can always have a bop or hand of sac to throw out.

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 10:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    But I stand by the Hard Mode CC comment. I personally haven't seen any videos of people CCing only trappers for Hard Mode. Not saying it doesn't happen, I just haven't seen instances of it, Hokage-sama.
    We just killed it like this. Having no traps or extra shit on the ground to deal with makes it much easier for most of the raid, particular considering windbombs start at 75% of the bosses health in hard mode.

Not CC'ing a blademaster isn't a big deal, with good CD usage. Not CC'ing a mender adds more work for your interrupters and purgers, but it's not too difficult. Overall, I would argue not having to deal with any traps and void zones is a net benefit over dealing with one less mender.

If you're on the adds during his +600% damage taken increase, YOU'RE doing it wrong.
    Focus interrupts are hard bro

Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    Focus interrupts are hard bro
    You're mistaking focus interrupt with targeting. That's what "On" means. Sorry, Brony.

Deleted
    I'd like to applaud you for understanding the fight.

OP is referring to a point in the fight on Heroic Mode where you disregard adds and burn the boss full time. Any DPS on adds is wasted DPS. It doesn't matter if interrupts aren't on the GCD, no one should be targeting the menders anyway.

Again. OP is referring to Hard Mode.
    Because focus interrupting is hard. Try point scoring elsewhere tbh.

I wasn't aware that everyone in the Raid and Dungeons forum excelled at misunderstanding everything. Lesson learned, believe me.

What part of my comment of "Any DPS on adds is wasted DPS, you shouldn't be targeting the menders" suggests I wasn't referring to Focus Interrupting? If you're focusing the add, and DPSing the boss, you're clearly not DPSing the adds. Just like I suggested.

If you're going to blast me for something I didn't say, the least you could do is be right about it.

I stand by my statement. Any -DPS TIME ON ADDS- Is wasted during the burn. It's common sense. Focus Interrupting has -nothing- to do with DPS on adds.

OP is referring to a point in the fight on Heroic Mode where you disregard adds and burn the boss full time. Any DPS on adds is wasted DPS. It doesn't matter if interrupts aren't on the GCD, no one should be targeting the menders anyway.
    This implies you think people needed to be on the adds to interrupt them, lol. The person you were trying to correct never said anything of the sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post
    This implies you think people needed to be on the adds to interrupt them, lol. The person you were trying to correct never said anything of the sort.
    Scroll up past that, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    This. Once you're not killing any more adds, don't worry about interrupts.
    Once again. I'll say it just one more time, then I'm leaving this fail thread.

Once you get to the part of the fight where you're burning the boss, you're not on adds. No more interrupting, no more adds. You're on the boss. You're killing the boss. Adds be damned. Boss is almost dead. You're burning the boss. Not interrupt adds, because the adds don't heal the boss.

When you're burning the boss.

You're disregarding adds, and burning the boss full time. This means no more interrupting. This means screw your focus interrupting, because -it doesn't matter anymore-.

Any. And I mean -any- time devoted to the adds when you are BURNING THE BOSS is irrelevant, and WASTED.

I'm in disbelief with the amount of people who misunderstood this concept.

If you're on the adds during his +600% damage taken increase, YOU'RE doing it wrong.
    if you dont know how to focus interrupt YOU'RE doing it wrong

Deleted
    we had everyone in the raid with 1 target on focus... and we all used focus macros.... either to interupt, spellsteal/purge/icytouch/shieldslam... or to just keep an eye on 1/2 adds for some1 to switch and help purge it.

10 raid ppl, 10 things to kill, makes sense that everyone should keep an eye on at least 1 add/boss

Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    Yep thats what i thought, our mage does come up with some crap sometimes!

thanks for the confirms.

So the plan is to interupt and kill menders > BL > nuke boss, then in that 15sec window kill blades before/as menders respawn > nuke boss again... then we start interupting again to kill the final set of menders.

Some1 mentioned somewhere if done like this, during the boss nuke phases u wont have to worry about spending a global on an interupt which is always good
    Pretty close. At the end, don't need to interrupt the new Menders, just CC them. The boss will be low health already so spending your CC's on them is fine, have tanks pick up the new adds and burn boss.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.