Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    For the Holy Light! What obsession with the poor High Elves!

What I do not quite understand why there is a exacerbated hatred mainly centered in relation to the High Elves. For that reason I will defend until death to the Quel'dorei, as long as there remains some alive of course...

The banner of the Silver Unicorn will wave again in Quel'Thalas!

I'm not trying to add anything new to the discussion, just create a relaxed atmosphere, simultaneously increasing the tension between the factions.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=38048/high-elf-pilgrim

I repeat once again many high elves who now live in Quel'Danas, their leader is Auric

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    pretty much. and Jaina going as far to lump every blood elf in dalaran under one catagory, her enemy, even those who knew nothing of the war or what was happening, shows her now fucked up sense of justice.
    'Fucked up sense of Justice'? Her home, Theramore, was destroyed by a mana bomb the Blood Elves built! And EVEN THEN! After some calming down, having taken the leadership of the Kirin Tor, she denied Varian's request to have the Kirin Tor join the Alliance in the war.

While the Silver Covenant's approach on this is very reproachable, Jaina's motives are more than justified: right after she turned down varian's request, stating that the Kirin Tor was to remain neutral ground, the Sunreavers used Kirin Tor's resources to sneak into Darnassus and steal the Divine Bell. So... yeah. The Sunreavers had it coming, being expelled from Kirin Tor, sorry to tell ya.

She simply snapped, man. After fighting so long for peace between the Alliance and the Horde, she had her home nuked by the Horde, and now the Horde again backstabbed her by using the Kirin Tor to steal from the Alliance. There is no way to look at this and be able to blame Jaina without some terribly anti-Alliance bias.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solonar View Post
    I never said I was supporting his way of achieving victory. I was supporting his reasons to attack Theramore - which he has. In addition, a neutral faction assisting a single side in war doesn't even come close to neutral if you ask me. They were attacked, yes - and I would've attacked them as well if they are -working- with my enemy to halt a possible attack on their city. Those Kirin Tor deserved to die because of what they did, just as much as Thalen Songweaver deserves to die for bringing the Sunreavers into this mess.

I'm sorry I can't feel pity over a bunch of characters and an uncertain of background story citizens...they shouldn't have been there. They were anyway, they died. Their fault.
    "They deserved to die" You are actually are saying that they deserved to die, when their intention was only to save lives? You seriously have to check your empathy cartridge, all this victim blaming and disregard for the loss of life is appalling. You put Thalen in the same category than the Kirin Tor that tried to defend people, and I can't say anything but, what's wrong with you?

Nope, you don't even say that it was unfortunate, nope, they deserved it.

Wow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    Anything to shift away from what I would call the "Argent consensus"! Factions like the Argent Crusade or Ashen Verdict involving everyone coming together in a spirit of unity, and hope and something and stuff against the greatest foes. I like the idea of neutrality and people banding together against the greater enemy, but if it happens too much it can sap the story a great deal. Which is what I feared would happen with the Blood Elves and High Elves when I saw Vereesa poking her nose around in Ghostlands!
    I'm the opposite really. x'D Well, at least in how I'd want Azeroth to develop if WoW were a single-player game. I appreciate the maintaining of tension and bad-blood between the two factions because it makes the game, as an MMO, more exciting and its fun to have passionate (but civil) disagreements in the wider community (on forums etc). But, ultimately, I'd prefer the mortal races to become unified because I feel it is the only way they might stand a chance against all the immortal enemies that want to kill or enslave everyone in the Horde and the Alliance. They don't care about their wars. As Yogg-Saron said, it just makes them stronger.

My hackles went up when I saw the brat of the Windrunner family daring to cross into Sin'dorei land (and Halduron going against Lor'themar's command by hosting her there!), but I'd welcome the return of some of the more level-headed (and more competent) high elves to the service of Silvermoon, like Captain Auric and the elf survivors from Terokkar. I might have suggested some of the high elves from Theramore too, but I don't think they're in a position to go anywhere anymore...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    or it could be that they are left to live there, after all it is their country
    Highly doubt it, HIGHLY. Lor'themar expelled the high elves that didn't follow the new politics, I doubt he is going to let separatist living bac again in blood elven lands so easily. They are at best expatriates with a temporary permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=38048/high-elf-pilgrim

I repeat once again many high elves who now live in Quel'Danas, their leader is Auric
    Again, they are RELIGIOUS PILGRIMS, they are not necessarily living there!! They are most likely just visiting!!!!
    Last edited by TheDangerZone; 2012-12-13 at 09:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    And people were complaining MoP would be the suckiest expension ever. =P
    I never voiced that here in the forums but I've got to admit I was one of most skeptical. I never cared for the whole Asian theme and I was afraid MoP was going to be just Pandas and Narutards everywhere. Also when Blizzard said they'd really reignite the war and give the blood elves and some other characters more time under the spotlight I didn't believe. I'm happy to have been proved wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    gain, they are RELIGIOUS PILGRIMS, they are not necessarily living there!! They are most likely just visiting!!!!
    they aren't religious pilgrims, just pilgrims lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    "They deserved to die" You are actually are saying that they deserved to die, when their intention was only to save lives? You seriously have to check your empathy cartridge, all this victim blaming and disregard for the loss of life is appalling. You put Thalen in the same category than the Kirin Tor that tried to defend people, and I can't say anything but, what's wrong with you?

Nope, you don't even say that it was unfortunate, nope, they deserved it.

Wow.
    The citizens live there, THOSE are unfortunate losses. The Kirin Tor? Saving lives - from who? The Horde. What is the Horde? A faction at war with the Alliance. What are the Kirin Tor? Neutral alligned people, existing in the form of Sunreavers, Silver Covenant and the actual Kirin Tor. By aiding the Alliance, the Kirin Tor doesn't deserve to be defended like this, really. Nobody forced them to help. They came on their own will, they died like that.

Thalen was more a pawn of Garrosh than anything. That makes him a traitor to neutrality, but that shouldn't hold the entirety of the Sunreavers responsible. Besides I like this Kirin Tor, now I got a way of putting more of those Silver Covenant vermin down. The 'Agent' during the Quel'delar quest wasn't enough if you ask me...but merely the beginning.
    Last edited by Solonar; 2012-12-13 at 09:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    WAAAAAAAITaminute! We get a quest to rescue the "VIPs" of Dalaran, but not Awilo Lon'gomba?! WTF IS UP WITH THAT?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    they aren't religious pilgrims, just pilgrims lol
    Sugarpump, they are visiting a well filled with a being of holy light. They are religious pilgrims.

Sugarpump, they are visiting a well filled with a being of holy light. They are religious pilgrims.
    they just want the arcane part of it. they are not holy addicts lol

do remember: there were lots of blood elf pilgrims going from hellfire to netherstorm because they were told there was a lot of arcane energy there for everyone.

high/blood elves turn into pilgrims whenever there's arcane magic or turkeys involved somewhere far away lol

10+ Year Old Account

do remember: there were lots of blood elf pilgrims going from hellfire to netherstorm because they were told there was a lot of arcane energy there for everyone.
    The High Elves of Quel'thalas actually are able to use the Holy Light and had members in the Church of the Holy Light, so I wouldn't compare them to Blood Elves - whom are technically the actual addicted ones. High Elves sated their addiction by meditating, and in the rare case take what they need from a Moonwell. It's not about the Sunwell's Holy or Arcane qualities...it's about home, and their 'birthright'. The Sunwell is theirs, but it is also the Blood Elves'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    My hackles went up when I saw the brat of the Windrunner family daring to cross into Sin'dorei land (and Halduron going against Lor'themar's command by hosting her there!), but I'd welcome the return of some of the more level-headed (and more competent) high elves to the service of Silvermoon, like Captain Auric and the elf survivors from Terokkar. I might have suggested some of the high elves from Theramore too, but I don't think they're in a position to go anywhere anymore...
    Well, they shouldn't be taking commands from High Elves - at all. Having read the short story on Lor'themar, I was afraid his pangs of guilt and remorse would lead to the High Elves being reintegrated and subsequently become the "nannies" of Quel'thalas, reminding everyone of their misdeeds. Blood Elves - for all their flaws - used their powers to rebuild Silvermoon, where the High Elves would have let it collapse, so they need no lessons from them. Except unicorn mount training.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solonar View Post
    The citizens live there, THOSE are unfortunate losses. The Kirin Tor? Saving lives - from who? The Horde. What is the Horde? A faction at war with the Alliance. What are the Kirin Tor? Neutral alligned people, existing in the form of Sunreavers, Silver Covenant and the actual Kirin Tor. By aiding the Alliance, the Kirin Tor doesn't deserve to be defended like this, really. Nobody forced them to help. They came on their own will, they died like that.

Thalen was more a pawn of Garrosh than anything. That makes him a traitor to neutrality, but that shouldn't hold the entirety of the Sunreavers responsible. Besides I like this Kirin Tor, now I got a way of putting more of those Silver Covenant vermin down. The 'Agent' during the Quel'delar quest wasn't enough if you ask me...but merely the beginning.
    I don't think I'll gain anything discussing with you any further.

Deleted
    Spiritual pilgrims, maybe. The Sunwell has been a site of great importance to the high elves for millennia and it is talked about with reverence and adoration, but, the fact that it was kick-started with Light this time around probably means very little to most of the pilgrims visiting the site. Very few high/blood elves follow the human Faith in the Light with serious conviction and I wouldn't be surprised if even some of the Silvermoon priests perhaps viewed the magic power of the Light as a little less divine than the humans see it. Especially with the scholarly approach of elves towards magic. They are also probably even less inclined to see the Light as holy (beyond being a force for good) because of their interaction with (and manipulation of) the Na'aru.

Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    Well, they shouldn't be taking commands from High Elves - at all. Having read the short story on Lor'themar, I was afraid his pangs of guilt and remorse would lead to the High Elves being reintegrated and subsequently become the "nannies" of Quel'thalas, reminding everyone of their misdeeds. Blood Elves for all their flaws - used their powers to rebuild Silvermoon, where the High Elves would have let it collapse, so they need no lessons from them. Except unicorn mount training.
    Too true about the unicorns! I was so jelly when I found out the Quel'dorei steeds were exclusively Alliance mounts and we ended up just getting another damn chocobo. ¬_¬
    And, I whole-heartedly agree that the Sin'dorei shouldn't feel inferior to the high elves in anyway. I think they should feel superior to them and their allowance of the quel'dorei to re-enter Quel'Thalas is a blessing to the high elves because the blood elves were the ones that stuck it out. They did whatever it took, prepared to get their hands dirty, to defend what remained of their home and their people. Yeah, they did questionable things and resorted to siphoning magic from dangerous sources, but this was to deal with an unimaginably difficult and abrupt withdrawal from a power which had been apart of them for thousands of years. If they hadn't dealt with their addiction quickly, they would have been overpowered easily by the Scourge.
    Most high elves had the luxury of dealing with the Sunwell's destruction in the safety of far-off human settlements or, like Vereesa, had the aid of more socially-acceptable magical artefacts, like Sunwell rings, to sate their pangs of addiction.

I am tolerant and even welcoming of figures like Auric Sunchaser because they had no way to answer Kael'thas' rallying call and get back to Quel'Thalas to aid in its defence and rebuilding. They couldn't have helped even if they wanted to because they had no clue what was going on. So, if high elves like that wanted to come back to Silvermoon, I'd be happy to see them return.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-12-13 at 10:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

high/blood elves turn into pilgrims whenever there's arcane magic or turkeys involved somewhere far away lol
    Do you even know what the sunwell means to the elves??

Highly doubt it, HIGHLY. Lor'themar expelled the high elves that didn't follow the new politics, I doubt he is going to let separatist living bac again in blood elven lands so easily. They are at best expatriates with a temporary permit.

Again, they are RELIGIOUS PILGRIMS, they are not necessarily living there!! They are most likely just visiting!!!!
    You read the short novel?? Lor'themar wants the high elves again quel Thalas

the English pilgrims were left to live in america

Do you even know what the sunwell means to the elves??
    yeah. it's like chocolate to me. I'm addicted to it, I love it, I wish I could have it all for me, my life is dictated by how much chocolate I can eat without getting fat.

but chocolatry is not my religion lol

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    This is an outrage! How is it possible that these demonic elves may have entered just like that in a city of the Alliance to release prisoners? Damn! Where is the Kirin Tor? Go get them all!

This is the height, the weight of the Alliance should fall on those Sin'dorei! The shock troops of the Alliance, including Dalaran, should attack Silvermoon immediately and return the elven capital city to its rightful owners: the Quel'dorei of the Alliance.

All that is golden and crimson will be burned and the banners of the Fire Phoenix will be replaced by the Silver Unicorn ones! Silvermoon will be blue and silver again and its control will returns to the Alliance!

It seems that gay elves are reluctant to kill their enemies ... a shame! The alliance will not be as compassionate with them.

For every high elf fallen a hundred blood elves will fall: the time where the authentic Quel'dorei take the lead has come; all their sufferings will be amply avenged.

In any case, the honorable High Elves, those who truly love their traditions and hate the atrocities that both the Blood Elves and their Horde have committed, will show their undying loyalty to the High King Varian and the Alliance ultimately. Together, the high elves and the rest of the Alliance will fight for justice and light throughout Azeroth.

Glory to the Alliance! For the high elves! Death to the Sin'dorei and death to the Horde!
    Lol u sir are playing to much in ur own mind.. non of wich u just said is even based on real lore.. u played to long on a RP server... u do know the color is red cus of the fallen other elves(high elves) changed name to blood elf cus of that story etc etc... there is no such thing as a silver unicorn flag .. u made this all up..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Spiritual pilgrims, maybe. The Sunwell has been a site of great importance to the high elves for millennia and it is talked about with reverence and adoration, but, the fact that it was kick-started with Light this time around probably means very little to most of the pilgrims visiting the site. Very few high/blood elves follow the human Faith in the Light with serious conviction and I wouldn't be surprised if even some of the Silvermoon priests perhaps viewed the magic power of the Light as a little less divine than the humans see it. Especially with the scholarly approach of elves towards magic. They are also probably even less inclined to see the Light as holy (beyond being a force for good) because of their interaction with (and manipulation of) the Na'aru.
    Maybe, but I'm inclined to believe they do acknowledge greatly the new power of the sunwell. Liadrin is pretty much all religious about it after the whole deal and I thik that neither race is that callous about it when a being maybe older than azeroth itself gave its lfe for it.

As it may, my point was more about that they are not settlers or protestant pilgrims, they are more akin to jews visiting jerusalem at least once in their lifetimes. I highy doubt lorth'emar would just let them live there, and unless stated, it should be assuming they are just passing by.