Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    In overall lore we know more about the Draenei than the gnomes and that is pretty sad.
    Wrong again. Gnomes are nowhere near as vague compared to the Draenei.

Quote Originally Posted by Norgannon the Dreamweaver View Post
    Wrong again. Gnomes are nowhere near as vague compared to the Draenei.
    Then we agree to disagree, since Eredar lore counts to Draenei lore as well since they became the exiles of their people running around the cosmos with the Naaru.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except for the Shatar, Aldor, Shattered sun Offensive etc. the draenei got lore in BC but it has been stagnating since then. The race that would need most development would be gnomes, no other race has so little lore to them.
    Therein lies part of the Draenei lore problem. They're presented in a similar fashion to Night Elves where the majority of "their" lore comes from neutral factions.
    Fortunately I hope 5.2 with Velen being mentioned give us some good hard Alliance Draenei lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norgannon the Dreamweaver View Post
    You're being too objective, lol.
    How is that even possible. o_o

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Therein lies part of the Draenei lore problem. They're presented in a similar fashion to Night Elves where the majority of "their" lore comes from neutral factions.
    Fortunately I hope 5.2 with Velen being mentioned give us some good hard Alliance Draenei lore.
    Indeed, but that lore can't be dismissed as nonexistent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, but that lore can't be dismissed as nonexistent.
    The only problem with that is that people like me get very nit picky even if it's Draenei lore as it's still not the same organisation as the playable Draenei which I feel the crucial point if separating the two.

In the end it makes my head hurt thinking of what is X lore when neutral factions are concerned as they are both X races lore and at the same time they are not.

The only problem with that is that people like me get very nit picky even if it's Draenei lore as it's still not the same organisation as the playable Draenei which I feel the crucial point if separating the two.

In the end it makes my head hurt thinking of what is X lore when neutral factions are concerned as they are both X races lore and at the same time they are not.
    Well I don't really care for Horde or Alliance, only the lore in general and as long as it is advanced I am happy. Not to mention neutral factions often add an angle to the race. But each their own I guess ;P

Deleted
    It's kinda why I feel they should make another one of these story driven quest lines in Gilneas.

It gives the Forsaken some story, I really can't imagine them being on Pandaria without them making it worse for the Horde given how their antics have for the most part been mostly unsupervised.

Not to mention how I believe it was Metzen or Kosak mentioned how implementing Worgen and Gilnean architecture was hard. So why not just go back there then as that will solve two issues. The only problem would be turning parts of a phased Gilneas into an Alliance hub as the zone is just unused after the starting experience. Although the problem ofc is no Horde equivalent.
    I don't want to see Gilneas be an inaccessible place for Alliance, but once it is I would imagine it would make Horde players naturally a little jealous.
    It'd be great if they went back and breathed some life into Gilneas. It might be difficult to get around its having been plagued though. =S
    I always hoped that it was going to be a hub. Seems like such a waste for it to just be sitting there, empty at the end of the starting chain. I've never really minded faction imbalance when it comes to number of hubs/zone dominance and whatnot but it could easily be balanced by sticking an AH and a few portals in Bilgewater Harbor, especially with Theramore being glassed now. It's a cool little city, albeit a rather cramped one.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    A single incident might've been a coincidence, bad luck or just something gone plain wrong. A second one, not a chance. Having an Horde aligned political unit turn against you not once but on several occasions takes away the benefit of the doubt. You in all honesty want to tell me that nobody noticed that we marched right through Dalaran on our way to Darnassus and used the portals to mount attacks on Alliance cities?

Even if Aethas was honest, the majority of the Sunreavers did in fact sympathize and work with the Horde as they did back in Wotlk. They were a fifth column in the middle of Dalaran, you don't let such a thing intact.
    Hmm i see.
    Blowing up a city, killing hundreds of people : Well probably a coincidence or bad luck.
    Sneaking into an alliance city and stealing an ancient artefact : THAT DEMANDS BLOOD !

Although this whole portal thing is something that Blizzard apparently hasn´t thought through in the first place. The Horde uses portals all over the place. They are anything but uncommon. What makes Dalaran so special ? Theoretically the infiltrators could have used the portal in the shrine of the seven stars or any other portal to Darnassus. Every single alliance mage can make a portal there. The Horde could have just abducted a mage and forced him to make a portal. I don´t get why the Sunreaver are even involved in that.

Ill point out the horde was pretty much universally against garrosh as the new warchief. he was forced on us by the writers :P.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Ill point out the horde was pretty much universally against garrosh as the new warchief. he was forced on us by the writers :P.
    Ofcourse, because is them who tell the story >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    After finishing all of this, I feel really bad for Aethas.

That the guy who actually wants peace and advocates getting out of Garrosh's Horde ASAP is the one who suffers like this is pretty harrowing. His reputation is pretty much ruined for life (he's personally blamed for a crime Horde players would know he's innocent of), he's lost what he's spent his life working towards, and his efforts to bridge gaps between the Sunreavers/Silver Covenant resulted in them slaughtering each other. Most of his people (the majority of which were fleeing citizens) are now trapped in mage jail for the foreseeable future, and if he had picked some smarter dialogue choices after that batshit witch started murdering his guards (you don't reason with people like that; you pay them their lip service and GET AWAY), he may have been able to evacuate his people out peacefully.

But nope, Aethas spends the purge helplessly trapped in a lightning prison while his people are either imprisoned by the most powerful mage alive, killed and/or robbed blind by Silver Covenant goons, or rescued and rallied by the ONE GUY whom Aethas has always been at total odds with. Who then saves Aethas too, and the poor Archmage has to flee the city he had woken up that morning ruling through a sewer pipe, knowing that his inaction and obstinance was paid with his people's blood up above ground. Ouch.

He was stupid to assume Thalen was the only rotten apple hiding behind his colours, and more foolish still to think he could dissuade Jaina with her in that state of mind, but still. Poor guy. I don't think Warcraft has ever evoked this much of my sympathy before. x.x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post

That the guy who actually wants peace and advocates getting out of Garrosh's Horde ASAP is the one who suffers like this is pretty harrowing. His reputation is pretty much ruined for life (he's personally blamed for a crime Horde players would know he's innocent of), he's lost what he's spent his life working towards, and his efforts to bridge gaps between the Sunreavers/Silver Covenant resulted in them slaughtering each other. Most of his people (the majority of which were fleeing citizens) are now trapped in mage jail for the foreseeable future, and if he had picked some smarter dialogue choices after that batshit witch started murdering his guards (you don't reason with people like that; you pay them their lip service and GET AWAY), he may have been able to evacuate his people out peacefully.

But nope, Aethas spends the purge helplessly trapped in a lightning prison while his people are either imprisoned by the most powerful mage alive, killed and/or robbed blind by Silver Covenant goons, or rescued and rallied by the ONE GUY whom Aethas has always been at total odds with. Who then saves Aethas too, and the poor Archmage has to flee the city he had woken up that morning ruling through a sewer pipe, knowing that his inaction and obstinance was paid with his people's blood up above ground. Ouch.

He was stupid to assume Thalen was the only rotten apple hiding behind his colours, and more foolish still to think he could dissuade Jaina with her in that state of mind, but still. Poor guy. I don't think Warcraft has ever evoked this much of my sympathy before. x.x
    Word it with less faction bias and this is my opinion. Aethas got the short stick, though I do blame him of incompetence and negligence of keeping his people in line. But at the same time, I think a lot of Sunreavers actively defied because they considered he was serving Jaina's interests instead of his people. He was between a rock and a hard place, and maybe in giving a confidence vote to his most restless people, he sealed the fate of the Sunreavers in the Kirin Tor.

Let's make the Sunwell airborne and BLOW ALLIANCE SHIT OUT! Fuck Dalaran, we have a well made from the primordial arcane force of azeroth, purified by the essence of a reborn being of light.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Usually, when you post something like this, one would expect a link! I'm curious to know about this, whereabouts can I read or see videos of it? Mucho thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post

Word! The blood elves have been given some love here, but its at a massive cost and breaking the efforts of some good people because of the rotton actions of a few bad eggs, and the injustice met out to those people by someone who should know far better.

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 02:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Word it with less faction bias and this is my opinion. Aethas got the short stick, though I do blame him of incompetence and negligence of keeping his people in line. But at the same time, I think a lot of Sunreavers actively defied because they considered he was serving Jaina's interests instead of his people. He was between a rock and a hard place, and maybe in giving a confidence vote to his most restless people, he sealed the fate of the Sunreavers in the Kirin Tor.

Let's make the Sunwell airborne and BLOW ALLIANCE SHIT OUT! Fuck Dalaran, we have a well made from the primordial arcane force of azeroth, purified by the essence of a reborn being of light.
    that my thought in this too. Dalaran, thanks to Jaina, has cast off people who's only crime was being caught in the palm of a deranged orc and a small handful who followed him more then question it. I would dearly love to see the blood elves casting off any neutrality with the shattered sun (if they still exist), and throwing all high elves from Quel'danas AND Quel'thalas forever.
    I'd love to see some screaming bitch high elves realizing they will never get to come home because of this.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    I think this is how they will set up the blood elf part of garrosh's raid- now Aethas and the sunreavers are back home, Thalen songweaver will panic and flee to garrosh for protection with his other lackeys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    that my thought in this too. Dalaran, thanks to Jaina, has cast off people who's only crime was being caught in the palm of a deranged orc and a small handful who followed him more then question it. I would dearly love to see the blood elves casting off any neutrality with the shattered sun (if they still exist), and throwing all high elves from Quel'danas AND Quel'thalas forever.
    I'd love to see some screaming bitch high elves realizing they will never get to come home because of this.
    Wow, you really hate High elves, don't you? tough words man.

But yeah, I want Blood elves to say "ENOUGH!" and take the reins, agresively. Jaina wants to play hardball? Good for her, but don't go crying when we lay your city to ruins and stale ashes. Beyond Jaina's reasons, she threw away a stalemate that did a lot for overall peace, and that WILL bring repercussions.

I've talked a lot about understanding Jaina's reactions and not really demonizing her or the Silver Covenant, but her actions, beyond motive, mean war. And I crave that. She made her choice, now it's time for the Sin'dorei to make their move. May the best faction win!

But seriously, I do want to blood elves to make the Sunwell (or Magister's Terrace) airborne to counter Dalaran. With the Sunwell reignited they have the power to do so (and I'm sure that the knowledge of Tempest Keep's technology made his way back to Silvermoon) It would be so glorious, and a big "screw you" to the Kirin tor, and it would make sense both for gameplay balance and in lore.

I love how people are crying about Jaina purging Horde, you blow up a mana bomb and charge into Darnassuss.. wtf did you think was gonna happen?

Also alliance always wins in the end, you're welcome when we come dismount YOUR warchief for you because ya'll are to sissy to stand up to him. (cry baby Vol'jin talks alot of game but all he ever does is QQ)

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 10:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    W
    I've talked a lot about understanding Jaina's reactions and not really demonizing her or the Silver Covenant, but her actions, beyond motive, mean war.
    And the mana-bomb meant?

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 10:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Awkward moment when the high elves beat the blood elves with the help of dalaran...

10+ Year Old Account
    so much hate towards jaina. Sylvanas was pullin this kinda crap before it was cool

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    so much hate towards jaina. Sylvanas was pullin this kinda crap before it was cool
    That is probably why so many people hate her ;P