Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Be a Monk Dev. Make your own skill.

Spinning Fire Blossom = Lock on target, Snare at 15 yards.

Blackout Kick (Mastery Proc) = Deal Shadow Damage and always proc the 20% heal of damage inflicted.

Tiger Palm (Mastery Proc) = Deals Holy Damage.

Rising Sun Kick (Mastery Proc) = Deals Fire Damage, (1-2) Charges Max, Charge is gained when a Tiger Palm Mastery Proc is not consumed and procs another one via Jab. Hence you would need to get (2-4) procs via jab and not using Tiger Palm for the duration to get (1-2) Charges. Using Tiger Palm will expend the charge and execute a Fire Damage Rising Sun Kick instead of a Tiger Palm and this will also cause the monk's attack to ignore an additional 20% armor.

Fist of Fury = Increase baseline range by 5 yards. Can move while channeling.
    Or
    Puts a dot on target which deals less than current damage and does a 1 second stun (No DR). DoT will follow normal DoT haste rule. Stun and damage will not happen if the monk is not within 8 yards from the target. CD Increased to 45 seconds.

PvP 2 Set = Tigerbrew will now always be 20% Dmg increase last 15 seconds and on a 3 minute cooldown. Every consumption of Chi reduces the CD by 2 seconds.

PvP 4 Set = Touch of Death is now usable on players who have less than 15% of their Maximum HP or less HP than 10% of the caster's Maximum HP.

Touch of Karma = Usable while Stunned/Silenced/Disoriented, No Chi Cost. CD increased to 2 minutes.

Fortifying Brew = Reduces damage taken by 30% increases HP by 15%. Also Clears all negative magic effects. Windwalker only, 3 minute CD.

Roll = Does not trigger GCD, using a skill while rolling will cancel the roll and perform the action instead.

Zen Sphere = Increase HoT healing and AoE dmg. Detonating it does not expend the Zen sphere and refreshes it duration back to maximum.

Path of Blossom = Does AoE damage when triggered and roots the target for 2 seconds.

Charging Ox wave = Deal damage equal to a Rising Sun Kick to all targets in a straight line. Same stun duration and travel distance..

Healing Elixir = Converts Expel Harm from a heal to an Absorption Shield which last 10 seconds. Stackable up to 100% of the caster's maximum HP. Healing Elixir will always happen when Expel Harm is used.

Tiger's Fury = Breaks all snare/root and provides immunity to such effects for 5 seconds. No Chi cost.

Momentum = Each roll will cause you to move 30% faster stackable up to 2 times if no target is selected. Rolling with a hostile target selected will cause you to roll up to the target (at 400% spd) transferring all snare (Not Root) to the target. Rolling with a friendly target selected will cause you to roll to your friendly target and suppress all snares on both target for 3 seconds.

Chi Burst = Successful Chi Burst cast will provide Chi Surge to the caster for 3 seconds. Using a Chi Burst again with Chi Surge will cause Chi Beam which hits/heals 75% stronger with instant projection.

Jade Lightning Crackle =
    Casting Spinning Fire Blossom while channelling JLC will cause a Jade Fire Shower inflicting the Spinning Fire Blossom's damage to 4 targets within 10 yards of the target who was targeted with JLC. Will never target CC'ed targets, does not root.

Casting Elusive Brew while channelling JLC will cause Numbing Brew reducing damages from magical sources by 15% and capable to stagger damages of magical source.

Casting Mana Tea while channelling JLC will increase healing done by 3% per second of Mana Tea second.

Craneberry Brew:

Your Jab and Blackout Kick now hit and additional target and your spinning crane kick deals 30% more damage for 30 seconds. No other brews can be consumed during this time and your energy regeneration is reduced by 20% while active.

Mastery (Kung-Fu):

Your Jabs have a % chance of granting one of the following three buffs below for 10 seconds:

Crane Mastery- "Your global cooldown for all abilities is reduced to .5"
    Tiger Mastery- "Your Tiger Power now ignores 50% of an enemies armor"
    Ox Mastery- "You take 10% less damage from all sources"

numbers can be tweaked but i think this is both something unique and fun.
    Last edited by Vileknight; 2012-12-18 at 02:50 PM. Reason: adding more changes

Deleted
    Let Zen Sphere be cast on 3 players at any time and let players effected by it benefit from uplift, would give us a method of controlling it to an extent

Zen Peace
    Instant 2 minute cooldown

You reach inner peace, causing your abilities to cost no chi for 10 seconds.

-WW mastery now also removes Tiger Palm or Blackout Kick from global cooldown when it procs.
    -Glyph of Instant Karma - Your Touch of Karma now redirects damage instantly instead of over time, but only lasts for 5 sec.
    -Zen Flights now moves at speed depending on riding skill.
    -Fists of Fury may now be channeled while moving. In addition, it consumes 10 energy every tick to 10% deal extra damage.
    Last edited by Divinism; 2012-12-18 at 06:55 PM.

You said create new abilities but most of the abilities you listed are just abilities we have re-worked... :s

I would like to see Thunder Focus Tea work with Renewing Mist's

Thunder Focus Tea:
    Cost's 1 Chi

<insert other current uses for it>

-When used with Renewing Mist's it spreads to every part/raid member within 20 yard of your current target. (target that was initially selected to have Renewing Mist's applied too)

I think this would work wonders for aoe healing and for 25 man raid healing.

Fist of Fury: 3 Chi: 25 second CD: Blackout Kick, Tiger Palm, and rising Sun Kick hit two additional targets for the next 10 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted
    Glyph of Fury: Fist of Fury can now be channled while moving.

Serpent Statue = reduced mana, put more importance on placement and moving it as needed

Uplift = 45sec CD causes all healing spheres to be asborbed into nearby injured players

Chi Burst = same but baseline for all specs

Life Cocoon = nerfed but level 45 talent

Thunder Focus Tea = 60sec CD, increases mastery by 200% for 5 seconds to everyone near you and your statue

Renewing Mist = back to 3 hops (not OP since it's no longer tied to Uplift)

Surging Mist = casting while channeling Soothing Mist reduces the mana cost by 25%, stacks. Stacks removed when Soothing Mist ends.

Zen Flash = 1sec cast, low mana, small heal, can be cast while moving

Healing Sphere = increase healing, now has 3 charges that build up over time (like Roll)

Revival = 3min CD, channeled heal and mana restore near you and your statue

Zen Meditation = 30sec CD, 3sec cast, raid-wide dispel and purge on all hostile targets within 40yd

Glyphs:
    Serpent's Burst = grants spell, identical to Chi Burst but originates from your statue instead of yourself

Soothing Magnetism = all healing spheres slowly roll towards your current target of soothing mist

Quote Originally Posted by Oratory View Post
    Serpent Statue = reduced mana, put more importance on placement and moving it as needed

Thunder Focus Tea = 60sec CD, increases mastery by 200% for 5 seconds to everyone near you and your statue

Renewing Mist = back to 3 hops (not OP since it's no longer tied to Uplift)

Surging Mist = casting while channeling Soothing Mist reduces the mana cost by 25%, stacks. Stacks removed when Soothing Mist ends.

Zen Flash = 1sec cast, low mana, small heal, can be cast while moving

Revival = 3min CD, channeled heal and mana restore near you and your statue

Zen Meditation = 30sec CD, 3sec cast, raid-wide dispel and purge on all hostile targets within 40yd

Glyphs:
    Serpent's Burst = grants spell, identical to Chi Burst but originates from your statue instead of yourself

Soothing Magnetism = all healing spheres slowly roll towards your current target of soothing mist
    Thoese ides are kinda cool imo. And yes a small heal witth low mana cost would be awesome to have. Sure Soothing Mist is that but it heals for so little per tick and is channeled. A holy light, Heal, Healing wave is so much better for small dmg. When i use Soothing Mist on ppl it seems not to help at all for most of the time since the dmg they take is bigger

A new shiny CD ability that detonates all healing spheres in an x radius with a 1-2 mn cd

Just going to quote my previous posts here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    At the moment it seems that Combo Breaker is looked upon as potentially the worst mastery in the game if only for overcomplicating an already complicated priority system and giving very little benefit for not reforging off of it. Since there has got to be a better way for this mastery to function I figured a thread dedicated to concepts of how to fix it would clear up a lot of the complaint space from other threads complaining about Windwalker issues.

I see two basic ideas to keep the mastery as it is with a few tweaks:

1) Also add in a damage boost to whichever ability is proc'd by mastery. (A flat percentage, not a scaling one. Like 25% stronger during proc.)

2) Take the abilities off the GCD when proc'd. Allow them to happen together with other abilities so there would be incentive to always use them immediately.

If the mastery had to be reworked from scratch, I'd suggest something more fitting of the name "Combo Breaker."

An (x)% chance for Fists of Fury to cause Rising Sun Kick to transform into a rising punch (think Shoryuken) that does nature damage instead.

Charge of the Black Ox: Talent
    +10% Haste and +5% damage for 15 seconds. (5m exhaustion debuff as compared to the usual 10m, allowing shorter battles to have a "mini-bloodlust" at the start)

Roar of the White Tiger: Talent
    +20% crit chance for 15 seconds. (10m "deafness" debuff. This would couple very well with Skull Banner)

Song of the Red Crane: Talent
    +6000 mastery for 20 seconds. (5m "deafness" debuff that may or may not be the same as RotWT's. Most healers and tanks would love having +20% mastery for even that short a time. Might be too strong for Disc Priests.)

Breathe of the Jade Serpent: Mistweaver Specification
    The next six mana tea stacks consumed will each return 2% mana to all raid members. (the duration would need to be long. One minute perhaps. Followed by a 5 minute cooldown)

Also, we don't have a "bad talent tier" to replace, so having another choice like this could be a bit daunting unless all three "talents" were simply given to all three specs. Otherwise, just having one of those three would be a big improvement.
    Windwalkers should come with Revival even if it has double the cooldown length. That would give them raid healing and thus make as attractive as Shamans and that mass dispel that Revival comes with would put them closer with Shadow Priests but not so close as to be equal. Finally a glyph that effects the Tier 30 talents in a similar way that the Glyph of Fire Blast does for Mages would be nice. Specifically I mean this:

Glyph of Chi Mastery - Windwalker Only
    Chi Wave travels to five additional targets, your Zen Sphere lasts twice as long and your Chi Burst does 50% more healing.

EDIT: One other thing. This is something I would call for being hotfixed immediately: Jab and Tiger Palm should at least do as much damage as an autoattack. If Jab hit for at least ~25k and TP at least hit for ~35k at ilvl384, then it might not be so bad. Seeing <10k Jabs is just depressing. I know it's "just a chi generator" but a simple change as this would give us a nice boost to our constant DPS without unbalancing anything.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-12-18 at 09:09 PM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Some cosmetic changes I'd like to see; as I'd envisage them as optional extras, I've listed them as minor glyphs:

Minor Glyph of Ashi Sabaki: [Jab] is replaced by [Snap Kick]. [Snap Kick] functions identically to [Jab] but uses kick animations instead. Ashi Sabaki translates to 'leg techniques' or 'footwork', depending on your translation/translator.

Minor Glyph of Wall Running: When the monk [Roll]s next to a wall, the monk will instead run along the wall for the length of the [Roll].

Minor Glyph of Zen Pilgrimage: While channelling Zen Pilgrimage, the monk will assume a random pose, including (but not limited to) a fighting pose, lotus position and headstand.

Minor Glyph of Tai Ji: The /dance animation is replaced by a series of (far more dignified) Tai Ji movements.

If I was going to make a whole new skill for use in combat, I'd probably think of something like:

Shinobi Vanish: instant cast, 40 energy, generate 2 chi: The monk disappears and immediately reappears behind the target, instantly attacking for (Keg Smash damage +10%).
    Brewmaster: Immediately returns to the starting position. Adds 2 stacks of Elusive Brew. Shares cooldown with Keg Smash. Does NOT apply Dizzying Haze/Weakened Blows.
    Windwalker/Mistweaver: Reduce threat by 25%.

While mainly a positioning tool for Windwalker/Mistweavers, it would give Brewmasters an alternative to Keg Smash for single target and a non-crit source of Elusive Brew. Is it required? Probably not, I just like the idea that the monk, as a master of martial arts, can instantly slip away from an enemy to hit them from a vulnerable position.

[Glyph of the bar fight]
    Causes you to use the default unarmed combat stance and unarmed attack animations for your race.

[Glyph of arms]
    Causes you to use your equiped weapons for autoattacks and Jab.

[Glyph of the crane]
    (Don't know what it should do, but It should look like the parry stance from those novizes at the shado-pan monastry)

[Glyph of the wind]
    Roll will change into [jump], causing you to jump at the selected destination while doing a cool pose (heroic leap in cool).

Oh, and I hate Blizzard with a passion for having Mistweaver being treated as a manaclass using int gear.

Glyph of Hadoken - Modifies Chi Burst to no longer heal but hit a single target with impressive damage.
    Glyph of Touch of Death - No longer has the HP requirements or kill on contact. Instead places a powerful DoT and once the DoT finishes stuns the target for 4 secs.
    Glyph of Super Art - (only useable when chi is full) Spend all your CHI to improve one of the following moves to impressive effect Blackout Kick(something like Chunli Super Kicks), Rising Sun Kick(Super Flash Kick), Fists of Fury(Fei Long Super or Gen's Super), Chi Torpedo (M. Bison Super), Chi Burst (Big Fireball).
    Glyph of Dragon Punch - Change the animation of your Rising Sun Kick into a Rising Dragon Punch.

Fists of Fury - No longer a channeled ability. Instead it is a 3 move sequential ability with the last move doing the most damage.
    Log Illusion - Can only be used while stunned. Teleport 20 yards and leave a log doll in your place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jade Dragon Fist (looks like Ryu/Ken's uppercut from Street Fighter 2, spinning and surrounded by Jade flames): 2 Chi, 8 second cooldown

You uppercut the target, damaging the target for X and healing yourself for X. If performed within 3 seconds of Black Out Kick, the damage and healing is increased by 50%.

Brew of the Ox, 1 minute CD

When imbibed, the Brewmaster will draw all Gift of the Ox healing orbs within 10 yards to himself, creating a barrier of healing energy, absorbing X amount of damage.

X being calculated similarly to the healing power of Gift of the Ox healing orbs, but multiplied by how many there are on the ground. Not sure how balanced it would be if crit was added to the mix, it'd probably depend on how GotO orbs actually heal, whether it's got a certain number attached to the entity or if it's calculated when you actually step on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some brewmaster abilities we sorely need:

Shuffling Step - Reduces all damage taken by 50% for 12 seconds 3min CD: Boring, but seriously needed

Drunken Endurance(passive) - reduces all damage taken while Stunned, Feared or incapacitated by 25%: again, nothing to set the world alight, but something to make us a bit tougher than the average wet paper bags when we get CC'd.

funny drinking/kung fu reference - Whenever you use Blackout Kick, you have a 30% chance to make your next Breath of Fire cost no chi and ignite the target: It makes me sad that Breath of Fire, one of our most iconic moves is almost never used, as the chi is better spent on other things.

Glyph of awesome movie references: Your Blackout kick now uses the Crane kick animation (similar to the Crane Stance used in SPM, but you kick after).
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I just want a better raid CD T_T

Focussing Will - Passive - Your Keg Smash has a 10% (or whatever) Chance to reset the CD on your Guard Ability

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been waiting for a thread like this. Pay no attention to balancing and how it would reflect current spells. Just my personal thoughts, edits, and creations.

Spell Edits:
    Revival: How about actually heal for the advertised amount? Also, either have it give a reasonably small amount of mana giveback. Or, it could add 5 seconds or so to all active ReM on the raid.

Life Cocoon: I'm fine with it as of now, but the healing buff should be there even when the bubble is gone, but for a reduced amount. It could also force the jade statue to focus a soothing mist on the target for as long as the bubble lasts.

Healing Sphere: This raw chi is unstable and will jitter around the floor in a small circle or pattern. Just seems a little more helpful.

Enveloping Mist: I feel the spell is pretty poorly designed considering the overhealing to chi cost ratio, which isn't really the spells fault. Yet having another option for a big chi spender would be nice. [See Engulfing Mist]

Zen Meditation: You enter an enlightened state which radiates a progressive magic damage reduction field dependent on how close to the monk you are. Ranging from 10% (outer edge of the spell visual - to 60% (on the monk) the monk is knocked out of his or her meditation early if they are a victim of a melee attack (stunning the monk for 2 seconds). Glyph of Zen Meditation: It now works with physical attacks instead of magical, and is canceled / stunned if victim of a magical attack.

Vital Mists: 2 stacks gives you a 1 Chi Uplift cost. 4 stacks and it's free. Forget all of the surging mist stuff.

Path of Blossoms: Make the damage work with fistweaving, and make it blossom into a healing flower that remains for a few seconds.

Summon Jade Serpent Statue: Increase its range slightly and chop it's mana in half at least please.

New Spells

Engulfing Mist: Your totem spins rapidly clouding the air around it with a mist healing the raid for a low amount (like SCK) for 10 seconds. The mist fuels all active ReM on the raid, adding a second every tick. (Nearly stopping the timer decay). Costs 3(or 4) Chi and Exhausts the totem, and cannot be cast again for 2 minutes.

Serpents Resolve: Removes the Chi requirement of all spells for 10 seconds. You don't generate mana tea in this state. Cooldown 1.5m

Rolling Wind: All mastery and manual healing spheres move towards the targeted player. The orbs have a 20% chance to be swept away from the wind, losing the orb. If an orb crit heals a player while under this effect, another healing sphere is summoned. Lasts 20 seconds. 2 Minute Cooldown.

Spiritual Will: [Enable/Disable Aura] Crit (mastery?) procs cause your transcendence spirit to mimic your next chi spending spell for a diminished amount. (this one just sounds kinda dumb)

Essence of Life: Infuse a dead friendly player with pure chi bringing them back to life temporarily. The energy is quickly exhausted and the player will return to the dead. Lasts 1-2 minutes at most. Costs either 4 Chi or a ton of mana.

A third of these just sound ridiculously retarded. Still, id like to see something change mechanically for us in 5.2