Icons not being deleted off my desktop.

Hey guys, I'm having a minor problem. When I delete files off of my desktop the icon is still there until I restart. If I try to delete again, it says "This is no longer located in the desktop please verify location and try again". This doesn't seem to effect shortcuts on the desktop at all.

Deleted
    Make a folder with the same name as the missing folder/file, then drag the file into the folder you just made, and then delete it.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Test it. Make it happen and then right click on desktop and click refresh. If that fixes the issue it's one of a few things:
    Corrupted user profile.
    Malware or installed program interfering with explorer refresh.

If it persists, create a new user profile from the control panel. Test it there. If it's happening there, it's essentially malware or another installed program interfering.
    Test boot into safe mode to see if does it there.
    If it's happening in the new user account, and in safe mode, something's really messed up with your explorer/registry that probably requires a windows repair/reinstall.
    If it's happening in the new user account and not in safe mode, run Malwarebytes.
    If it's not happening in a new user account, you probably want to recreate a new user account to solve the corruption.
    Explanation of how you save all your important stuffs and recreate a new user account.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Test it. Make it happen and then right click on desktop and click refresh. If that fixes the issue it's one of a few things:
    Corrupted user profile.
    Malware or installed program interfering with explorer refresh.

If it persists, create a new user profile from the control panel. Test it there. If it's happening there, it's essentially malware or another installed program interfering.
    Test boot into safe mode to see if does it there.
    If it's happening in the new user account, and in safe mode, something's really messed up with your explorer/registry that probably requires a windows repair/reinstall.
    If it's happening in the new user account and not in safe mode, run Malwarebytes.
    If it's not happening in a new user account, you probably want to recreate a new user account to solve the corruption.
    Explanation of how you save all your important stuffs and recreate a new user account.
    It actually stopped happening. Maybe it was one of the programs that I closed the processes of. The computer is brand new and the first thing I did was get an anti-virus and install NoScript and AdBlock, and I'm always careful about what I open so I doubt its malware. My old PC didn't have any malware for as long as I had it.

My MOBO came with several utilities that I haven't uninstalled yet, so maybe its one of those.