-A Suggestion Regarding Resilience-

Recently, I've been thinking of a way to help effectively reduce burst in PvP slightly without reducing the damage any more through resilience, and I believe the best way to accomplish this would be to turn a portion of the damage received into a DoT effect similar to bleeds (non-dispellable). I summarized the idea below for easier understanding (and an example below):

☻Around 30% of your opponent's resilience% is used to convert that amount of damage into a bleed-like DoT (or a static damage-conversion, for example starting at 25% and slightly increasing with increasing resilience)
☻The DoT will not be dispellable
☻The DoT will be 'paused' when the target affected by the DoT is CC'd by CC effects that break on damage
☻The DoT will 'build' similar to how Fire Mage mastery, Monk blackout kick from behind, etc. work (ie. you still are doing the same amount of overall damage)
☻The DoT will tick over 4-5 seconds
☻The DoT cannot crit, since it's based on your initial hit or crit, so it's already factored in

*Remember: no damage is lost - a portion of it is only turned into a DoT effect

Example:

You have 60% resilience and your opponent hit a 100k on you (after PvP Power addition and resilience reduction).

If the DoT is based on 30% of your resilience and you have 60% resilience, you convert (60%Res*0.3)=18% of the damage into a DoT, so you take 82k damage initially and the remaining 18k is converted into a DoT that ticks over 4 to 5 seconds

Or, if it scaled slightly, for example up to 42% of 60% because of your 60% resilience, you take (60%Resil*0.42)= 25.2% as a DoT, so 74.8k initially and 25.2k over 4 to 5 seconds
(The damage remains the same, but the speed that you receive it with is reduced)

Overall, this would make resilience act 'similar' to Brewmaster Monk Stagger and act as a 'buffer' to the crazy burst everyone is experiencing from geared players (and specific specs - some have already been tuned down and some have not).

This would also help with classes that are more suited towards sustained damage (by building this DoT, when possible) and would also help increase the time-to-live for players who are initially gearing up or gearing up alts. Let's face it, the bonus power from weapons is forcing a lot of players to now gear more towards resilience because of this crazy damage increase out of nowhere. I think this would be a great change to resilience. What do you think of this idea?

Aside: If you are subscribed, do not forget to check out this excellent idea by Facespace on the WoW forums: Catchup: Change weekly caps to season caps