Amber-Shaper Un'sok Interrupting

Hey!

Having some problems interrupting the right spell here. I get how the Construct mechanics work (1 for boss interrupt, 2 for self interrupt) but I'm not sure how to track which explosion is being cast. Bigwigs has an option that says "show warning for when ANY explosions is being cast" or something like that. DBM has a warning for explosions as well but I don't know which one.

I'm using Quartz cast bar addon and Shadowed Unit Frames.

I think I wiped my raid once or twice 'cus I was spamming the wrong interrupt. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks.

Deleted
    Maybe your bigwigs is outdated, because my one displayed separate timers for the self cast and the Monstrosity cast.

You could as well just watch castbars. Your explosion is being cast when you're casting, monstrosity's one when monstrosity's casting.

Deleted
    For self interrupt just watch OWN Cast Bar.

For "Boss" Interrupt it happens around 3 seconds after a Reshape Life (Player gets turned into construct) Happens.

So the general rule is (if you arnt keeping any constructs up 100% in p2) Dont Press 1 Until you interrupt then u can spam it.

I also use quartz + SUF and I didn't see my own cast time, thus exploded twice.

I didn't see the cast bar of the boss, i'm using ElvUI. The buttons were fine with Bartender4.

Unlike most counters in DBM, it counts down to the start of the cast rather than to the end of "watch out for this". So it counts down from 5; after the counter reaches 0 you'll start casting the Amber Explosion, I think it's a 1.5sec cast time. You'll need to use the interrupt (button 2) while it's casting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    I also use quartz + SUF and I didn't see my own cast time, thus exploded twice.
    Not all addon mods have these things on by default, go into options and turn on or off what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by thorrion View Post
    I didn't see the cast bar of the boss, i'm using ElvUI. The buttons were fine with Bartender4.
    have no problems here with elv ui

it's simply the target cast bar while your own explosion is your own cast bar
    make sure you target the add that spawns at 70% not the amber shaper himself

possible you disabled the target cast bar for whatever reason
    plus quite sure it also shows up on the boss frame cast bar

big wigs shows them as 'Amber explosion on YOU' and 'Amber explosion on BOSS', or something to that effect

also, you should have separate cast bars for yourself and your target, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    You could as well just watch castbars. Your explosion is being cast when you're casting, monstrosity's one when monstrosity's casting.
    Exactly this. Your castbar = 2, Target's castbar = 1.