Cross faction mounts

Which alliance mounts that I own would be usable as their horde counterpart on a horde toon of mine? My armory page lists a bunch of horde mounts for this character, and says I have 201 mounts total. In game, on this toon, it only says 175, and last I checked on a horde alt, I didn't have stuff like the Grand Horde Wyvern (new mount) whic shows up on my armory page for this guy. Confused.

Mounts are only converted if you faction change. For example, if you make a gnome into an orc, your owl/griffon mounts will become their respective wyvern versions.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Although I believe that We never killed osama and OBAMA just used it as propaganda to win a election cause Osama's was probably dead for years I Usually am not gullible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMXCIX View Post
    Mounts are only converted if you faction change. For example, if you make a gnome into an orc, your owl/griffon mounts will become their respective wyvern versions.
    Not anymore, actually.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Not anymore, actually.
    Really? Hmm, I never faction changed, so I wouldn't know. Sorry scorpius, I guess you have to earn them.

Although I believe that We never killed osama and OBAMA just used it as propaganda to win a election cause Osama's was probably dead for years I Usually am not gullible.

Not anymore, actually.
    Like, it already does that?

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 05:11 AM ----------

Really? Hmm, I never faction changed, so I wouldn't know. Sorry scorpius, I guess you have to earn them.
    I did already.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 05:11 AM ----------

I did already.
    So you have Grand Horde Wyvern on your horde's armory page but not on the actual character?

I think he didn't mean they aren't converted at all anymore. But that you don't have to faction change anymore to get the cross-faction version.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what you mean?

I am not sure your issue is an armory display bug or not. None of your Alliance-specific mounts should automatically turn into a Horde version on a Horde toon, or vice-versa. The mounts available to you Hordeside will be all the mounts that have no race association, like talbuks or mammoths or achievement mounts, plus any racial mounts you've purchased on a Horde character. They might show converted on the armory though - I know, for example, that my classic pvp titles earned on Horde show as Alliance feats when I look them up on an Alliance toon.

It did work, until very recently. After account wide mounts went live, people were changing an alt to the opposite factions to automatically get a bunch more. I think they "fixed" it in 5.1 or one of the smaller patches before then not to do that anymore.

I've never done it either, but I saw a blue post responding to someone's question, "why didn't my race change convert all my mounts?" I guess the assumption is that everyone will have at least one non-faction specific mount between all their characters that the faction changed toon can use until he buys his new racial mount.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Ok, what am asking, is if I level a horde toon, can I use the new wyvern? I ahve the new gryphon on my alliance toon. Nromally, I would have thought I couldn't, but then why does the Wyvern show up on my Alliance toon's armory page under mounts? Also, I do seem to have access to some mounts, like the Tol Barad wolf on a horde toon, when I only ever bought the steed.

What level is the horde alt, and what achievements does it have? I know on my lower level alts I don't get the same amount of mounts as my main. That may be what you're experiencing.

I'm guessing you need to be exalted with the horde version of that faction before you can use it.
    Last edited by MCMXCIX; 2012-12-16 at 05:24 AM.

Not anymore, actually.
    Mine did, I did earn them all on that char tho. But they still went over

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, what am asking, is if I level a horde toon, can I use the new wyvern? I ahve the new gryphon on my alliance toon. Nromally, I would have thought I couldn't, but then why does the Wyvern show up on my Alliance toon's armory page under mounts? Also, I do seem to have access to some mounts, like the Tol Barad wolf on a horde toon, when I only ever bought the steed.
    No, this is an issue with the armory display as far as I know, not the actual mounts you own.

Those faction-specific mounts, like the Tol Barad steed and the Gryphon, will not convert to Horde equivilants. The armory is probably just displaying it that way because you are looking up a Horde character.

I could be wrong, if it was changed recently, but it is my understanding that this is how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Mine did, I did earn them all on that char tho. But they still went over
    When did you race change?

| twitch | bsky
    |

[/COLOR]
    When did you race change?
    Last sunday.

Logged on to my 76 Hordie to double check what I have, that I only purchased/earned the alliance version of:
    Armored Blue Wyvern (Dal vendor)
    Frostwolf Howler (Alterac Ram equivalant)
    Grand Armored Wyvern (vendored form new faction)
    Grand Wyvern (the one for completing quest chain)
    Guild Scorpion Mount
    Horde Motorcycle
    Spectral Wyvern (Scroll mount)
    Spectral Wolf (TB)

Missing all the city faction mounts (not bought by this toon)and Argent Tourny equivalents.

This is WEIRD, it was some of these mounts that weren't showing up for me previously, and I thought the city mounts had been here before...

10+ Year Old Account
    Logged on to my 76 Hordie to double check what I have, that I only purchased/earned the alliance version of:
    Armored Blue Wyvern (Dal vendor)
    Frostwolf Howler (Alterac Ram equivalant)
    Grand Armored Wyvern (vendored form new faction)
    Grand Wyvern (the one for completing quest chain)
    Guild Scorpion Mount
    Horde Motorcycle
    Spectral Wyvern (Scroll mount)
    Spectral Wolf (TB)
    Well, that's good to know. I stand corrected

If you already had a Horde toon, why didn't you just log in to check in the first place?

Missing all the city faction mounts (not bought by this toon)and Argent Tourny equivalents.

This is WEIRD, it was some of these mounts that weren't showing up for me previously, and I thought the city mounts had been here before...
    I am still pretty sure the racial mounts do not convert.

Okay, this is what I was remembering:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

I just faction changed, and was sad to learn that we no longer get the equivalent of opposite-faction mounts. Why the change?
    Account level mounts had some side effects. We are working on a plan for how faction change should work with account-level stuff.
    A tweet apparently.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2012-12-16 at 05:53 AM.

| twitch | bsky
    |

I think what happened, was last time I checked, it was on a toon that wasn't high enough for flying, so maybe that affected what mounts showed up for some reason? Weird though, ti showed the ground mounts before level 20...

Grand Gryphon/Wyverns and Grand Armored Gryphon/Wyverns DO definitely translate over different factions.

Seems like the only thing not transferring are the city faction mounts, and Argent Tourny mounts. I heard about issues with the AT mounts before though, and was hoping Blizz fixed it.
    Last edited by scorpious1109; 2012-12-16 at 06:04 AM.

Seems like the only thing not transferring are the city faction mounts, and Argent Tourny mounts. I heard about issues with the AT mounts before though, and was hoping Blizz fixed it.
    Well, I can access the AT mounts on my belf, despite having earned the Ally versions on my worgen.