Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kissing on both cheeks isn't really that uncommon here, and completely common in some European cultures.

Same sex sauna is completely normal over here as well, most have a 'women only night' but other than that, unless it's a 'special' kind of sauna, all of them are same sex.

Sleeping together naked as men? Well, dunno, if you're gay I suppose it's not that weird? if not, of course it doesn't happen all the time, I doubt anyone would actually believe that.

btw, I really can't remember any of those examples coming up a lot in Hollywoon films? Perhaps I'm watching the wrong ones though (which is totally probable).

I believe every crazy ass thing the media tells me 'Peans do. :P

Not all frogs say "ribbit" but those damn racists in Hollywood wants you to think that!

10+ Year Old Account
    The kiss on the cheek thing is very common in southern Europe and in upper-class society all across Europe and if I'm not mistaken you do this in the U.S. as well, at least at formal gatherngs.

I think the funniest thing of all is that Europe is sometimes treated as a homogenous culture, while in reality we're way way more divided than the U.S. is. Generalising something as European doesn't really say much, since there's almost nothing we all have in common that we don't share with the rest of the world as well.

I've got to say the most annoying thing is how Swedes are always portrayed with an eastern European accent in Hollywood productions. See Uma Thurman in The Producers for a prime example. I just don't get it, we're not Slavic, damn it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    I've got to say the most annoying thing is how Swedes are always portrayed with an eastern European accent in Hollywood productions. See Uma Thurman in The Producers for a prime example. I just don't get it, we're not Slavic, damn it.
    True, but in my opinion it's only because comparing stereotypical accents slavic vs. nordic, the nordic one sounds slightly lets say.. mentally handicapped

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm from New York and i notice a good amount of people do the kiss on the cheek thing. Here (New York) it is considered a Italian American thing. I dunno if there is any truth to it but thats what i have been told.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

horrible teeth amongst the british lol.

The sauna for both sexes, it happens, usually the girls(dudes to for that matter) wrap themselves up in towels though.
    Kind of fun if you are on skiing vacation, the cabins you rent usually got a sauna, get shitfaced and then leg it out into the snow for a "snow bath"! It's a great sensation for the body

Only time a dude has kissed me on the cheek has been when he's been sloshed.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-12-16 at 06:27 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Damsbo View Post
    Examples: In Russia
    The kiss on each cheek, even amongst men - I've had someone do that to me, I thought the person was coming on to me.
    General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union Leonid Brezhnev was kissing people in lips. (Google Brezhnev kiss) And everyone was ok with this. Guys hug together like i Bro/gangsta-hug to show trust and respect.

The "sleep naked" together as men. Dafuq? Infact, even sleeping together in the same bed as men; weird unless you're drunk.
    Sleep naked? No. Sleep after party (not drunk in 1 bed), sleep in one tourist tent or sleep after work-shift, don't see a problem unless someone turn close to you and have a boner.

The sauna for both sexes.. No way is that happening here.
    Yes we have sauna's for both sexes, no problems here (everyone in towels)
    BUT! I've never seen holywood movie without spelling/grammatic errors, weird names (Bourn conspiracy) etc.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Another stereotype in films about Europeans I seen is that no one speaks English.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    I'm from New York and i notice a good amount of people do the kiss on the cheek thing. Here (New York) it is considered a Italian American thing. I dunno if there is any truth to it but thats what i have been told.
    Yes, it is mainly an italians/french thing here as well...
    Try to kiss a Finn on the cheek and he will stab you... :P

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 07:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Another stereotype in films about Europeans I seen is that no one speaks English.
    It's true. Not even the British!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Yes, it is mainly an italians/french thing here as well...
    Try to kiss a Finn on the cheek and he will stab you... :P

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 07:32 PM ----------

It's true. Not even the British!
    Shhh don't tell people the truth!

the only one i can think of is all the men being effeminate. and wearing turtlenecks.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed that in a lot of hollywood films, the phrase "its what the europeans do" is being flinged around a lot.. It's usually utter BS.
    So, you americans, do you actually believe any of that stuff? and europeans, is this an actual thing in your contry? I can only speak for my own, so I wouldn't know for sure.

Examples:
    The kiss on each cheek, even amongst men - I've had someone do that to me, I thought the person was coming on to me.
    The "sleep naked" together as men. Dafuq? Infact, even sleeping together in the same bed as men; weird unless you're drunk.

Feel free to come up with more examples .
    Exactly what movies have you been watching to bring up those examples? Also as others have mentioned it happens in OTHER countries based in europe (I categorically refuse to place DK in "europe"). Its a matter of culture. Generalising an entire area may be what happens in a hollywood movie, but Europe (or even Scandinavia for that matter) is not just one country.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 07:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post

Better than them thinking you all talk like the Swedish chef .
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    All swedish girls are named helga to and sound like they are either russian or german.

Prime example.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    I've noticed that in a lot of hollywood films, the phrase "its what the europeans do" is being flinged around a lot.. It's usually utter BS.
    So, you americans, do you actually believe any of that stuff? and europeans, is this an actual thing in your contry? I can only speak for my own, so I wouldn't know for sure.

Examples:

Feel free to come up with more examples .
    My causin's father comes from e French family, it's quite common and i never felt awkward.
    No, that's silly.
    Yes that happens all over Europe.... including Denmark.

Ok so first putting Europeans all together is nonsense, not every country has it's very own culture but there are kinda culture groups and small things unique to every country. So I can tell you right now that I'm living in France now and I can tell you how things look in this place and in the young population ( I'm 18).

About the kiss on the cheeks, it's not really a kiss, just kinda putting the cheeks next to each other several times ( 3 where I live ) and changing sides. It's the normal way of greeting between man and women. Between men, it's very rare between young people really, the only time I did this was on the New Year when everyone did that

For the sleeping nude, obviously a NO. But sleeping man-man is normal like after a party where not everyone can sleep alone.

The kiss on each cheek, even amongst men
    Very common in some regions of italy, spain, greece and portugal.

The "sleep naked" together as men.
    Don't know any place where this is common. However, I don't know a place where sleeping naked is common at all. Too chilly!

There? no, but in THREE of your neighbouring countries it is perfectly normal. WTF man, you live in denmark and you don't know this? Get some general knowledge, no? Geez... Talk about close minded...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Heeeeell no! Swedish Chef is fraggin' awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

I trust everything from Hollywood about social groups. Family Guy has been really educational when it comes to understanding americans.

(please detect the humor!)