Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Wow. That's just... wow. What's next? Suspensions for kids playing cops n robbers at recess?
    i think its time to just let California go just blast it away from the US let it drift out to the ocean
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda surprised that people feign shock and awe that at some schools they want to offer students the opportunity to hand in their toy guns for books and a chance at a bike, when on the other side of the issue there are areas that want to arm their faculty with weapons. Teaching the 4 R's in school, reading, riting, rithmetic, revolvers.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I'm kinda surprised that people feign shock and awe that at some schools they want to offer students the opportunity to hand in their toy guns for books and a chance at a bike, when on the other side of the issue there are areas that want to arm their faculty with weapons. Teaching the 4 R's in school, reading, riting, rithmetic, revolvers.
    It's not 'feigning shock.' I'm genuinely surprised that a school out there is treating toy guns like real guns and offering a 'buyback program' to get those toy guns off the streets.

It's insanity, no matter how you slice it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    They're doing it wrong. Get her up to ten or so shooting .22, then graduate her to .38, having her shoot a revolver for that. Load it for her, sliding in a single .357 cartridge. Much better joke than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    I'm kinda surprised that people feign shock and awe that at some schools they want to offer students the opportunity to hand in their toy guns for books and a chance at a bike, when on the other side of the issue there are areas that want to arm their faculty with weapons.
    Do you start every post expressing your surprise? It must be awesome to be treated to surprises so frequently...assuming you enjoy surprises. Anyway, i get excited when i see some liberal whack-job creating such a ridiculous feel good story...and sticking with the tried and true playbook of wasting resources on such a vacuous notion to "reduce gun violence". But hey, as long as it's "for the children", it makes a good story.

...or maybe, they received a notification of reduced funding from the feds since they are not following AG Stedman's advice to "brainwash" people into hating guns.
    Teaching the 4 R's in school, reading, riting, rithmetic, revolvers.
    Come on bro, you left out being forced to sing songs of praise about obama.

The IRS will be contacting you soon about your lack of faith.

---------- Post added 2013-06-11 at 03:29 PM ----------

Wow. That's just... wow. What's next? Suspensions for kids playing cops n robbers at recess?
    Given the pop tart suspension, you're not far from the mark. I mean really...these gun control fanatics truly have lost any attachment to reality they might have had at one time.

Ban Assault Toaster Pastries! (Maybe i could get agrant from Nanny Bloomberg to advertise this?)

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey brah, I'm sorry I rustled your jimmies bro. Although I'm sure as ludicrous as you find liberal indoctrination, you'll not be too surprised that people find conservative indoctrination to be equally if not more ludicrous, bruh.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    Do you start every post expressing your surprise? It must be awesome to be treated to surprises so frequently...assuming you enjoy surprises. Anyway, i get excited when i see some liberal whack-job creating such a ridiculous feel good story...and sticking with the tried and true playbook of wasting resources on such a vacuous notion to "reduce gun violence". But hey, as long as it's "for the children", it makes a good story.

...or maybe, they received a notification of reduced funding from the feds since they are not following AG Stedman's advice to "brainwash" people into hating guns.

Come on bro, you left out being forced to sing songs of praise about obama.

The IRS will be contacting you soon about your lack of faith.

---------- Post added 2013-06-11 at 03:29 PM ----------

Given the pop tart suspension, you're not far from the mark. I mean really...these gun control fanatics truly have lost any attachment to reality they might have had at one time.

Ban Assault Toaster Pastries! (Maybe i could get agrant from Nanny Bloomberg to advertise this?)
    So, let's recap, is gun ownership on the rise or is it declining? Is there a inverse relationship between gun related crimes and amount of guns in circulation? Do city and state gun laws have any quantifiable deterrence on gun trafficking, straw purchases, or gang-related crime?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Sunrise View Post
    They're doing it wrong. Get her up to ten or so shooting .22, then graduate her to .38, having her shoot a revolver for that. Load it for her, sliding in a single .357 cartridge. Much better joke than that.
    You'll give poor zulu a heart attack. He's afraid of guns.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Hey brah, I'm sorry I rustled your jimmies bro. Although I'm sure as ludicrous as you find liberal indoctrination, you'll not be too surprised that people find conservative indoctrination to be equally if not more ludicrous, bruh.
    Come on dude, you can't start a sentence with a "Hey brah" and finish it with a "bro." Makes you look like a _______________. On the plus side, you didn't start your post stating how you were surprised. LOL.

Anyway, regarding ANY form of indoctrination, I am against it. If we are keepin' it real, in the US "education" system, if you can call it that, there are far more examples of liberal indoctrination than the conservative variety. We can all see how well it has worked out...i mean we have people using "brah" and "bro" in the same sentence. Sheesh!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    Come on dude, you can't start a sentence with a "Hey brah" and finish it with a "bro." Makes you look like a _______________. On the plus side, you didn't start your post stating how you were surprised. LOL.

Anyway, regarding ANY form of indoctrination, I am against it. If we are keepin' it real, in the US "education" system, if you can call it that, there are far more examples of liberal indoctrination than the conservative variety. We can all see how well it has worked out...i mean we have people using "brah" and "bro" in the same sentence. Sheesh!
    Yea the liberal education system that helped bring up the largest and smartest workforce in mankind. Stop reading such shit that makes you sound bat-shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    So, let's recap, is gun ownership on the rise or is it declining? Is there a inverse relationship between gun related crimes and amount of guns in circulation? Do city and state gun laws have any quantifiable deterrence on gun trafficking, straw purchases, or gang-related crime?
    (Not sure why you decided to quote me as your questions seem not at all related to what i posted.) Anyway...gun ownership is on the rise. Actually, under barry, it's on a rocket ship. Regarding the relationship between guns and crime, the "relationship" is much softer than gun control advocates would have people believe - many other factors have a much more profound effect. Your last question is far too broad, but if i had to give an answer, i would say marginal.

---------- Post added 2013-06-11 at 07:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Yea the liberal education system that helped bring up the largest and smartest workforce in mankind. Stop reading such shit that makes you sound bat-shit.
    LOL. Read that again.

It hurts my feelings that i sound bat-shit. Fail.

Seriously though...if you want to tout the US education system and its stellar performance, please do so with something more than your ideological loyalty.

So, let's recap, is gun ownership on the rise or is it declining?
    On the rise (as it should be).

Is there a inverse relationship between gun related crimes and amount of guns in circulation?
    Gun deaths are down 50% in the last 30 years, DESPITE the increased number of guns in circulation.

Do city and state gun laws have any quantifiable deterrence on gun trafficking, straw purchases, or gang-related crime?
    If and when they are enforced, yes. When your city cuts police funding and then throws their hands in the air in response to all these issues, then no. Not an issue related to responsible and legal gun ownership, I might add.

Why us increased gun ownership "as it should be"?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Well growth is good in any industry especially ones based in America.
    Also if it wasn't guns we were talking about, would you even question that statement in the first place?

Maybe just answer the question

---------- Post added 2013-06-11 at 10:47 PM ----------

I mean do you really think "stimulus!" Is what he was getting at?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Maybe just answer the question

---------- Post added 2013-06-11 at 10:47 PM ----------

I mean do you really think "stimulus!" Is what he was getting at?
    I was just answering your question.
    I can't make presumptions on what other people meant.

Assuming that most people in the US are honest, hard working, responsible people, while also assuming that those types of people are okay to own guns, why wouldn't it be okay for all those people to then own guns?

Are we supposed to assume that only a minority of the eligible people should actually pursue their 2nd amendment rights?

15+ Year Old Account
    On the rise (as it should be).

Gun deaths are down 50% in the last 30 years, DESPITE the increased number of guns in circulation.

If and when they are enforced, yes. When your city cuts police funding and then throws their hands in the air in response to all these issues, then no. Not an issue related to responsible and legal gun ownership, I might add.
    Is there a source for the increase in gun ownership or are you going by the increase in NRA memberships?

Reason and logic...

"The Gun Is Civilization"

by Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret)

Human beings only have two means to deal with one another: reason and force. If you want me to do something for you, you must either convince me by reason or force me to do your bidding under threat of harm. Every human interaction, without exception, falls into one of these two categories. Reason or force, that's it.

In a truly moral and civilized society, people would exclusively interact through reason as force has no place as valid social interaction. But the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as that may sound to some.

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a means to negate your threat or employment of force.

The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gang banger, and a lone guy on equal footing with a carload of drunken guys with baseball bats. The gun removes all disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.

There are plenty of people who consider the gun also to be the source of "bad force." These people think we'd be more civilized if all guns were removed from society, because they believe a firearm only makes it easier for an armed mugger to do his job. That, of course, is true only if the mugger's potential victims are disarmed either by choice or by legislative fiat. The argument has no validity when most of a mugger's potential marks are armed.

People who argue for the banning of firearms are asking only for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and that's the exact opposite of a civilized society. A mugger, even an armed one, can make a successful living only in a society where the state has granted him a monopoly of force.

Then there's the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that otherwise would result only in injury. This argument is fallacious in several ways. Without guns involved, confrontations are won by the physically superior party that inflicts overwhelming injury on the loser.

People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones do not constitute lethal force, watch too much TV, where people take beatings and come out with a bloody lip at worst. The fact that the gun makes lethal force easier works solely in favor of the weaker defender, not the stronger attacker. If both are armed, the field is level.

The gun is the only weapon that's as lethal in the hands of an octogenarian as it is in the hands of a weight lifter. It simply wouldn't work as well as a force equalizer if it wasn't both lethal and easily employable.

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced by another, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

It removes force from the social equation... and that's why carrying a gun is both a civilized and a civilizing act.

So, the most civil societies are those where all citizens are equally armed and can be persuaded only through reason, never by force.