Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If you were to buy a custom build pc, who would you use?

Basically what the title said, if you don't want to build it yourself what are the recommendations for companies that build a killer machine?

I know most of them force a decent premium, but if there is one that's more reasonable than the others I'd like to note that as well.

EDIT: My mistake. I live in the US. I'm not sure quite what else to offer. We're talking 2-3k I would probably be willing to spend on the tower. This isn't some kind of 10k throw money down the toilet thing, just a very solid, very powerful machine. Used primarily for high end gaming.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2012-12-19 at 10:07 PM.

Deleted
    You do offer very little information and you want very much information. Something doesnt add up here. We dont even know from which area off the world you can purchase from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends where you from acctualy.

I'm from Denmark, so i'd recommend topdata.dk. Low cost and VERY good service.

ive used cyberpowerpc a couple times, seems fine

My cousin had a gaming computer built at Microcenter for $120. It didn't seem too bad, however I would have gladly done it for him free of charge... T_T
    Only problem I found was they gave him a rather cheap quality non 80+ certified power supply and a i5 2500k over the 3570k o_O.
    He wasn't on much of a budget at all either.
    Last edited by Libram; 2012-12-19 at 10:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buying a custom computer but not building yourself is almost defeating the purpose.

Building and maintaining it is half the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Basically what the title said, if you don't want to build it yourself what are the recommendations for companies that build a killer machine?

I know most of them force a decent premium, but if there is one that's more reasonable than the others I'd like to note that as well.

EDIT: My mistake. I live in the US. I'm not sure quite what else to offer. We're talking 2-3k I would probably be willing to spend on the tower. This isn't some kind of 10k throw money down the toilet thing, just a very solid, very powerful machine. Used primarily for high end gaming.
    Is there any way you can be talked out of buying one and build one yourself?

1. Spending more than 2k on a computer is absolutely retarded.

2. IF your going to be so stubborn and want to take less performance for your money then i would go with ibuypower. Just build one yourself though or have a friend that knows how do it for you.

Microcenter does an amazing job for minimal cash: http://www.microcenter.com/

Otherwise Ibuypower isn't bad. Maybe 90% on the quality-o-meter.

i'd pick the nearest local small firm / company that does PC component sales - my guys of choice can put the computer together (And install an OS) at no additional cost aswell as RMA any dead components regardless of cause of death.
    Last edited by Keller; 2012-12-19 at 11:45 PM.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Here's my deal with building my own.

I built the rig I have now, which was about a 1650ish dollar tower at the time. And I've had kind of continuous problems with it. My SSD seems rather buggy, my vid card burned out (it was under warranty). And while it's been a great machine it will still freeze at times, and there just are other little things that seem to go wrong from time to time.

I suppose I could order the parts and pay someone here to put it together as I just don't trust my craftmanship after my last attempt haha. It might not have anything to do with how I put it together and I just got some crappy parts, but regardless. That's why I've been put off on building one again.

This is also a project that's at least a year off. It's not annoying or bad enough to spend money to replace my current machine, I'm just looking ahead for when I do upgrade.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2012-12-19 at 11:58 PM.

I built the rig I have now, which was about a 1650ish dollar tower at the time. And I've had kind of continuous problems with it. My SSD seems rather buggy, my vid card burned out (it was under warranty). And while it's been a great machine it will still freeze at times, and there just are other little things that seem to go wrong from time to time.

I suppose I could order the parts and pay someone here to put it together as I just don't trust my craftmanship after my last attempt haha. It might not have anything to do with how I put it together and I just got some crappy parts, but regardless. That's why I've been put off on building one again.

This is also a project that's at least a year off. It's not annoying or bad enough to spend money to replace my current machine, I'm just looking ahead for when I do upgrade.
    that's generally bad luck and/or bad psu/voltages.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Build your own. Still custom.

edit: Stop sucking at building computers. It's really easy.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

10+ Year Old Account
    i build my own, but if i where to suddenly forget how, i would order from Falcon Northwest, or Origin

Alienware is fine, but lacks a lot of customization, Cyberpower and Ibuypower are not high enough quality for me, for the most part they penny pinch on everything and don't really care about building a quality machine

Deleted
    The hardest part of building a PC is choosing the parts. Lucky for you, you are on a forum with gamers who would likely be happy to help.

I built one last week,

i7 3770k
    Any decent brand z77 motherboard
    8GB 1600MHz ram
    56GB SSD
    2TB HDD
    GTX 660 GFX card
    Bluray writer
    600 watt PSU
    And a box that fits whatever size motherboard you choose
    Also 3 SATA cables

It's pretty much that easy. The motherboard screws into the case, the processor slots into it with the fan over the top. The GFX card fits into one of the slots that it fits into. The PSU plugs into the motherboard twice, the GFX card, both drives, the bluray. Stick SATA cables from the Drives into the mother board.

The hardest part of construction was plugging the power switch in, mainly because I actually had to open the motherboard manual for the first time.

It's as easy as plugging in a USB cable into the right slot. That's all it really is, with a few different types of cable. There is very little you can do wrong really, and you even have instructions if you are a women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Newegg. And myself.

These same exact things can and will happen with an already built computer. The GPU burning out is the GPU. Not the fact that you built your own. Same with your SSD. If you really did build your own computer I can't see how now all of the sudden you want to pay more for something already built. Since you already know the myths aren't true and how easy it is to build.

Quote Originally Posted by xsublymonalx View Post
    Build your own. Still custom.

edit: Stop sucking at building computers. It's really easy.
    What you kids are doing is assembling a computer from parts; you aren't building one. In my day we soldered the CPU (and the rest of the components) to a motherboard that we etched ourselves, and then we still had to figure out how to make the dang thing do something when we were done.

I would never buy a custom computer (I'll always build), but I normally recommend Puget Systems to those who want to.

If you refuse to buy and assemble the parts individually, digitalstorm is probably the best company to do it for you.