A question of designphilosophy

So yeah, I'm not really long in the PVP business and there are many things I need to know/learn/understand. For now what intrigues me the most are Blizzards intentions in regard of the following case.

Let's say we have an healer and an DD while playing a perfectly balanced game (just for making my question easy to understand) and are playing there perfeclty balanced classes equally good.

Now those two start a fight. In World of Warcraft, according to the design Philosophy, if you can say so, which one of those two is supposed to win?
    Should the DD be able to outdps the Healer? Should the Healer be able to outheal the DD? Or should they both be doomed to keep on wrestling it out till one of them gets reinforcements?

Don't know if there were any blue responses regarding this topic but it intrigues me. Furthermore, you can go on and discuss how that should go on in your opinions.

Neither. As a healer, a single DPS should not be able to kill the healer, but the healer should never be able to kill the DPS either.
    RETH

Is that a fact or your opinion? Not asking to bother you, just curious about the topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the game is perfectly balanced, and they're both of equal ability, they should die simultaneously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulljin View Post
    Is that a fact or your opinion? Not asking to bother you, just curious about the topic.
    Fact. The game is balanced around 3v3, like it or not. A dps should Not kill a healer on his own but tell that to a disc priest against mostly...anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Skulljin View Post
    Now those two start a fight. In World of Warcraft, according to the design Philosophy, if you can say so, which one of those two is supposed to win?
    According to WoW's design philosophy anything that would happen in a 1v1 environment is an unintended effect from their 3v3 balancing. They have stated this so many times in blue posts.

all things perfect the dps would win by ooming the healer