When Selling a Blizz Store Pet on your server

I've recently purchased the Guardian Cub from the Pet store and set it up in the Alliance AH on Blade's Edge. I only see one other one ever up for sale. I've been keeping the price down around 3500, but some days is hit or miss with sellers. Should I be selling directly or would it sell faster under 3K?

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 02:14 PM ----------

Hard to believe no one else has tried to sell the Guardian Cub on their realm, or could offer any advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    As a pet collector, I will post on this for sure.

-> The big deal with this was the fact that is Blizzards one and only item from the pet store that was optional to actually Sell on the AH.
    --> The big deal IMO now, is that TCG pets are now Cageable. The Guardian Cub has been out for a very long time, and the market for them isn't very high: http://www.wowhead.com/item=72068#comments

TCG pets before 5.0 were not cageable, and now that they are, people of course look to those as a nice option for gold because, well, it was just a code before, just like how TCG mounts were before a patch that made them all BOE in Wrath. (Yes before a particular patch, even when you turned in the code for a rocket mount, or spec tiger, you actually had to even BUY with gold after you unlocked the mounts - it truthfully was a pain to spend gold on something you unlocked from a pack of cards IMO.

Anyways: Guardian Cub should be roughly 2500-4500 depending on server, and depending on situation. - Also, since pets are tradable to all realms, and even factions now through your journal - you should be able to sell it on a relm to sell it, and purchase a pet that someone is looking for, and of course, actually sell it if you are that desperate of course

Good Luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never sold one myself, but I'm afraid even if I had, the experience of selling one when they were new is likely very different than now. You sorta missed the market, both in terms of price peak and in demand. I had a friend who made like 100k gold selling a bunch the day they came out. Since then, they've dropped a lot in price. Most of the people who wanted that pet probably already purchased it a long time ago.

I know I still see a couple listed periodically on my server for around 2-3k gold, but they're always the same person, and I don't know if they're still relisting the same ones for weeks and weeks, or if they are buying more as they sell the old ones.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    TCG pets make the most Gold now. Even the new raid pets has dropped from 30-50k to under 1

You can get them for 7 bucks on ebay and flip them for 80-100k (on my dead server) to 150 - 300 (large servers)

On another note, people will pay more for max level pets.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    TCG pets make the most Gold now. Even the new raid pets has dropped from 30-50k to under 1

You can get them for 7 bucks on ebay and flip them for 80-100k (on my dead server) to 150 - 300 (large servers)

On another note, people will pay more for max level pets.
    24lvl pets are better sellers tho, due too achivment.
    Don't sweat the details!!!