Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Just bought Defender's Quest, and it's quickly becoming my favourite tower defense ever!

Very much recommended. It's 66% off I think.
    "...featuring a story written by an actual English Major!" - Trailer. Lol...

In any event, I can't see it being better than Orcs Must Die! 2.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post

As an English major, I can say that just being an English major doesn't make one a good story writer. I mean, I am an excellent story writer, but some of those people in my classes...

Seriously, in one of my stories I used the phrase coup d'tat and in peer review I got marked off because I should try to use English phrases... still bitter about that class
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    Seriously, in one of my stories I used the phrase coup d'tat and in peer review I got marked off because I should try to use English phrases... still bitter about that class
    Tell me that was in undergrad at least... (not that that makes it any better -_-)

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Tell me that was in undergrad at least... (not that that makes it any better -_-)
    No, it was. Undergrad Computer Science and Creative Writing double major. That class was the final class required though, Seminar in Creative Writing. You had to choose to write either a novel, a collection of poems, or a collection of short stories, and peer review other people's work. That was the only assignment all semester, and thankfully my professor gave me full marks anyway

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like no one wants to go coop on TL2, hurray for single player (?)

Btw, if anybody is interested in getting Painkiller Hell and Damnation, Alienware has a coupon.

http://eu.alienwarearena.com/deal/66...hell-damnation

Just follow the directions. I got my code but I'm at work and can't activate it to make sure it works, but should be an added discount to the current cost. I think it brings the game down 66.6% from the base cost, so $6.68
    Just got off work and tried it. Coupon works and adds an additional 50% discount. Brings the price down to $4.99 US.

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait so did Painkiller Hell and Damnation get re-released with all the bugs and glitches ironed out? Cause if I remember correctly, this game got horrible reviews at launch, often times due to being an unfinished mess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post

It's very different. I like them both (:
    The story actually seems to be quite serious (with some jokes in it), but I only played for 2 hours atm).

10+ Year Old Account
    As an English major, I can say that just being an English major doesn't make one a good story writer. I mean, I am an excellent story writer, but some of those people in my classes...

I was gonna say, given what I've read in Writing class last year, being an English major doesn't mean shit when it comes to creative writing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    That Magicka DLC bundle is too good to pass up. There goes the rest of my Steam funds.
    the game sucks without friends dont go for it! its a trap!

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 02:43 AM ----------

Is the original Torchlight still worth getting? I really like 2, just wish I had preordered to get 1 for free, but oh well.
    hehe i preordered and had TL1 to play while waiting for the loooooong release date for tl2s release

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 02:50 AM ----------

kinda wish i got SR3 full package for 75% off now oh well guess ill have to wait for the spring sale

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Maybe it is because you used a French word without spelling it correctly? I already got yelled at today for 'correcting' grammar in jest, so please let it be known I'm just poking fun at you. I'm sure in your actual paper you spelled it properly.

I'm also an English graduate, so I would hope you can understand my humor here. Actually doing editorial work would be a nightmare I never want to experience. I agree with your overall point though.

Deleted
    towns is addictive as hell.. some annoying bugs (citizen's starving with hundreds of bread available.. is annoying as hell lol) but overall its great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Maybe it is because you used a French word without spelling it correctly? I already got yelled at today for 'correcting' grammar in jest, so please let it be known I'm just poking fun at you. I'm sure in your actual paper you spelled it properly.

I'm also an English graduate, so I would hope you can understand my humor here. Actually doing editorial work would be a nightmare I never want to experience. I agree with your overall point though.
    Yes, I spelled it correctly in the paper. The main character's name was Schatt, so I actually titled the novel "Coup d'Schatt" just to irk the peer reviewer. And my grammar is atrocious, sometimes on purpose, sometimes not. That's why there are drafts I truly despise prescriptive grammar, though, and can be a bit hard headed about it. For example, I use the Oxford comma and the British style of punctuation outside of quotation marks. That last one got me in a lot of trouble senior year. Professor kept taking points off, I kept doing it.

Computer Science was my primary major, and my job now that I graduated. Creative writing is a passion that I majored in for fun.

On topic, I bought three more games today (SW KotoR 2, Painkiller H&D, (Oxford comma) and Carcassone.) This now brings me up to 70 so far this sale. Somebody stop me.
    Last edited by Arcilux; 2013-01-03 at 03:35 AM.

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody who doesn't use the Oxford comma is a shitty writer, that's what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    towns is addictive as hell.. some annoying bugs (citizen's starving with hundreds of bread available.. is annoying as hell lol) but overall its great.
    its not a bug there just stubborn

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, think I should have held out on that Magicka pack. Hotline Miami sitting at only $4.99 would have been a better purchase.

And Achaman, you're right. That game is a pain playing solo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    its not a bug there just stubborn
    They don't want bread. They want cake.
    Putin khuliyo

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I spelled it correctly in the paper. The main character's name was Schatt, so I actually titled the novel "Coup d'Schatt" just to irk the peer reviewer. And my grammar is atrocious, sometimes on purpose, sometimes not. That's why there are drafts
    I love abusing grammar on the internet. Artistic liberties are beautiful. I am a living hypocrisy, though I'll rephrase to: paradox.

Computer Science was my primary major, and my job now that I graduated. Creative writing is a passion that I majored in for fun.
    I did the exact opposite.

On topic, I bought three more games today (SW KotoR 2, Painkiller H&D, (Oxford comma) and Carcassone.) This now brings me up to 70 so far this sale. Somebody stop me.
    I love many things: cheese, kittens, and Oxford commas are a few of them...I am also a fan of ellipses...I've actually bought far less than I planned. I think I'll pick up a bunch of indie games that have been sitting at 75% (and not advertised) this whole sale on the last day.

Vote for Serious Sam 3 please Kinda want to get the game but don't want to pay $10+.

If you have an EC coupon for Amazon, Hotline Miami is now free

Not sure how long it will last

http://www.amazon.com/Devolver-Digit...myd_asin_block

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface