Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you 12? Restricting certain guns is something we can control. Mass Killings with Volvo's.??

Drunk Driving has laws and consequences. The purpose of which is to reduce the amount. Stopping it would be impossible. Just like gun deaths. You can't stop it but if you could reduce it. So if you think keeping 30 round clips and Semi Automatic weapons would reduce deaths......than...I'm not sure

as much as I also believe guns should be more heavily regulated in the states, I really wish people would stop posting things that compare gun deaths in the states to gun deaths elsewhere, you should compare murders/crime related deaths on a per capita basis then see if the us does in fact have significantly more, at which point you would look and see what % of crimes used which weapons.

Put simply I support gun control but I wish all the statistics people presented were actually relevant quit talking out your asses guys you're not helping anyone. And to top that all off your wiki link has data that is terribly out of date.
    God and maths? Hmm, the letter to alpha relation would be 7 - 15 - 4. Since it's all one word, it's safe to assume it's multiplication so it'd be 7*15*4=420. So realistically, god is related to cannabis? Perhaps that's what they were expecting you to write.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Gimleaf;19505007]
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Was there a reason to create a new thread? Seriously. There are at least 5 others you could have posted in, honestly. If you want to do something about the deaths of those children do the right thing, get the people with mental illnesses help. THAT is why he killed those kids, not because of a gun.

and given the wording of your post you dont care about those kids, you are more worried about attacking gun owners.

Not sure now you came up with that assumption. I have no problem with certain guns, just don't need ones that can fire 60 rounds in under a minute. Let me guess..hunting. Are the deer shooting back at you? Maybe I would understand. I do care about those kids. I own a gun(beretta over/under). Im a Republican.
    I stand by my observation, again, I'll ask, why did you need to create a new thread, was there something about the others that you found unfitting for your posting? Republican, Democrat, liberal, conservative, how you label yourself doesn't' matter.

Given you want to be special and have your own thread, I'll ask you this, what is your solution? What would you have done in the past to change this tragedy?

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 04:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    And probably 10 times as many people are killed every year by drunk drivers. Time to ban cars and alcohol.
    Actually, 32,000 a year die to drunk drivers.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    So let me get this straight, sir. You don't think drunk drivers are a SERIOUS issue? It can get fixed if there was some willpower and changes to some laws.
    Change to some laws??? What else do you want execution? It's a prison sentence if you kill someone and if it causes death it's for a very long time. Will power? I assure you you can reduce gun violence with les weapons, it's a easier fix. Don't live in a bubble.

Deleted
    Good old Blighty.. Right down at the bottom!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimleaf View Post
    Are you 12? Restricting certain guns is something we can control. Mass Killings with Volvo's.??

Drunk Driving has laws and consequences. The purpose of which is to reduce the amount. Stopping it would be impossible. Just like gun deaths. You can't stop it but if you could reduce it. So if you think keeping 30 round clips and Semi Automatic weapons would reduce deaths......than...I'm not sure
    laws and consequences? you mean where drunk drivers do a week or two if that in the county lock up then are back on the roads? Stop right there, because you know most DUIs get a fine and walked out of court.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Seran;19505127]

I stand by my observation, again, I'll ask, why did you need to create a new thread, was there something about the others that you found unfitting for your posting? Republican, Democrat, liberal, conservative, how you label yourself doesn't' matter.

Given you want to be special and have your own thread, I'll ask you this, what is your solution? What would you have done in the past to change this tragedy?

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 04:09 PM ----------

Actually, 32,000 a year die to drunk drivers.

What would I have done? The mother wouldn't have been allowed to own that type of weapon with 30 round mags. Not hard. Would he still have killed people? You bet but it might not of been 26. Even if it prevented 1 death it would of been worth it..Why make it easier?

And relax about the thread. Far from special just didn't know, I'll practice my forum skills. Promise.

Lmao I live in the country with less firearms-related deaths, but that's not a surprise really, guns are heavily regulated here, and I'm pretty sure all those deaths are gang-related

Change to some laws??? What else do you want execution? It's a prison sentence if you kill someone and if it causes death it's for a very long time. Will power? I assure you you can reduce gun violence with les weapons, it's a easier fix. Don't live in a bubble.
    Negligent Homicide (which is what they call drunk drivers who kill people) is like a slap on the hand and lets someone who does that get away for free, in essence. Not good at all. I think they should execute anyone dumb enough to drive drunk and kill someone. (Because nobody would like to pay them benefits for being in jail for life for killing someone while drunk).
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Mental health illness is everywhere in the world yet it isnt a major part of gun violence in other countries, why? well less guns less problems it really is that simple.
    OMG so simple. Ok, so let's take his guns away. What's left? A fucking mentally deranged man intent on hurting people. Gee, I wonder if he could find a way to hurt people without guns. Hmmmmm let me think. Nope probably not.

Guns are not the issue. Mental health is. Stop distracting people.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Deleted
    Interesting information there...

Checking the USA vs UK (similar countries) the USA has 40 times more gun related deaths per year than the UK.

So like, comparing only gun-related deaths is not exactly fair. Some would have died regardless. I've yet to find any statistics that can give a good picture on the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    OMG so simple. Ok, so let's take his guns away. What's left? A fucking mentally deranged man intent on hurting people. Gee, I wonder if he could find a way to hurt people without guns. Hmmmmm let me think. Nope probably not.

Guns are not the issue. Mental health is. Stop distracting people.
    Are you intentionally ignoring the issue of lethality?
    laws and consequences? you mean where drunk drivers do a week or two if that in the county lock up then are back on the roads? Stop right there, because you know most DUIs get a fine and walked out of court.
    DUIs are handled pretty harshly where I live. One DUI can fuck your entire life here.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2012-12-19 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    And those babies would be just as dead if he'd used a sword (how many would be dead if every one of those teachers had been packing, though? I wonder). I'd like to see a comparison of murder rates instead of just gun-related murder rates.
    Probably a lot more due to friendly fire

10+ Year Old Account

What would I have done? The mother wouldn't have been allowed to own that type of weapon with 30 round mags. Not hard. Would he still have killed people? You bet but it might not of been 26. Even if it prevented 1 death it would of been worth it..Why make it easier?

And relax about the thread. Far from special just didn't know, I'll practice my forum skills. Promise.
    Then lets prevent a potential death, take your Beretta down to your police station and turn it in... by your own admission, we dont need guns, right? less guns on the street/in our homes means less of a chance for someone to use it to harm someone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Would you rather invade a disarmed village, or one where everyone is armed?

In other news, I refuse to believe the government can protect me from illegal guns when a under this same President they walked guns to criminals.
    Would it make a difference when you have fully trained, heavily armed soldiers vs people who go to a shooting range and have never fired at a live target?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    And probably 10 times as many people are killed every year by drunk drivers. Time to ban cars and alcohol.
    Alcohol and cars are not solely designed for the purpose of killing.

I always laugh at people saying it is their right as an American to have guns to protect themselves from the government, all they would have todo is close the local mcdonalds and most people would surrender....(joking).

The biggest problem with America and gun crime is they don't accept that their is a problem with the country and look to blame other things for the violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Redcoats are coming.

With RPG's and AK's.

Oh wait, no.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Would you rather invade a disarmed village, or one where everyone is armed?
    Armed with what? Pistols and assault rifles? If I've got tanks, choppers and artillery at my disposal, I don't give a shit... they're only going to delay the inevitable by a matter of minutes (or less, depending on how intact I want the people or the buildings). It might get slightly annoying if the villagers have weird little fantasies about using their guns to try and take my hardware, but that stuff requires a lot of training and experience. Assuming they have enough dumb luck to actually seize any serious materiel they'll be lit up like a Christmas tree while they're still high-fiving each other.

Why do you ask?

10+ Year Old Account
    Then lets prevent a potential death, take your Beretta down to your police station and turn it in... by your own admission, we dont need guns, right? less guns on the street/in our homes means less of a chance for someone to use it to harm someone.

And.....I never said that. They just need to regulated. High Capacity clips etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    .Are you intentionally ignoring the issue of lethality?
    Yes, its not relevant.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

10+ Year Old Account
    And.....I never said that. They just need to regulated. High Capacity clips etc.
    Perhaps, you might invest the time to actually look into the current gun regulations and then, if you find them lacking offer suggestions.