A Christmas story to warm the heart and return your hope in humanity.

December 25th, 1914. The Western Front during World War 1.

Though many have probably heard this story, it is still a good one to tell.

On this day, Allied and Central Power's soldiers celebrated Christmas together, against the wishes of their commanders. They sang Christmas carols and exchanged gifts and cigarettes. This truce was almost universal across the entire front line. For one night and day during the one of the bloodiest wars that has ever raged mankind found a reason for peace on earth and goodwill toward men.

To bad the Christmas spirit didn't move the high commands of both sides. Maybe the war could have ended right then and there when they realized they weren't really fighting for anything but to fight.

I just thought I would share this tale with you, being that it is so close to Christmas day.

EDIT:
    Here is a song about the truce. I'm not usually into pop-country but this is a real tear jerker.

I know religion is usually frowned upon on this forum, but I want to say may God bless you all, each and every one of you, during this Christmas and those to come. Whether you believe in Him or not, we all still breath the same air and drink the same food after all, and because of this you are all my brothers and sisters.

Merry Christmas
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2012-12-20 at 02:44 AM.

I have heard this story, but never get to hear it enough. Great share, thanks for posting this.

Merry Christmas.