Poll: Which country is the biggest Nt'l Security threat?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    How about the threat the U.S. poses to global security?

Why don't we ever talk about that?
    Seems to get talked about all the time on these boards.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    okay what threat DOES the us pose to global security?
    please enlighten me.

As a non-US citizen it seems to me that it's the US itself that is it's own greatest enemy.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    please enlighten me.
    There's an argument to be made that the US's aggressive stances and its foreign policy combined with oil policy have increased extremism in the world, and since the US is a hard target, the extremists have lashed out in places like Spain and the UK, etc.

I personally think we do more to improve stability than we do to detract from it, but let's not pretend that the US is a complete saint who has done nothing to destabilize the world.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    The only country in that list that poses a threat are the United States themselves.

Remember: When someone does not agree with you, it's not automatically a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Nope, that's the only thing keeping us from complete disaster.
    I guess I should have worded that differently. I should have said, hyper-partisanship is the greatest threat to US

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    please enlighten me.
    Iran and Israel go to war. What the US does could start WW3.
    gw2 is a great game

Not too sure you can see a major threat coming, as the greater powers in the world rarely do. That said, I'd say the United States. If we don't go to war with each other because of disagreements over gun control and drugs and war and other nonsense, we'll probably just end up digging ourselves into debt and crumbling beneath the tower of money we owe everybody.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    There's an argument to be made that the US's aggressive stances and its foreign policy combined with oil policy have increased extremism in the world, and since the US is a hard target, the extremists have lashed out in places like Spain and the UK, etc.

I personally think we do more to improve stability than we do to detract from it, but let's not pretend that the US is a complete saint who has done nothing to destabilize the world.
    i can see your point. i agree the us definitely isn't a saint.

Oh I just love biased polls! Israel is the greatest threat to US security. Why? Because they're going to cross one too many lines in the very near future and drag the US into yet ANOTHER war they shouldn't be fighting, and in support of the wrong side no less.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Scandinavia. What people dont know is that the Scandinavian nations have put aside old differences and have formed a strong alliance, mostly based on getting drunk and then trying to speak each others language. But very soon this army of drunken gibberish speakers will be unleashed and no one can stand in its way!
    Brother, you were not ment to reveal our plan! Ikea is not ready with their "easy to assemble at home" nukes yet!

To answer the op question. The only nations on that list that pose any real threat to the US is Iran, North Korea and the US themselves. But not because of the debt. The US is a threat to themselves because of the corrupt Republican house playing chicken with the world economy. None of those nations would even attack the US. But they may attack our allies.
    gw2 is a great game

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Oh I just love biased polls! Israel is the greatest threat to US security. Why? Because they're going to cross one too many lines in the very near future and drag the US into yet ANOTHER war they shouldn't be fighting, and in support of the wrong side no less.
    Maybe you should go live in Israel and see what its like to live between 2 radical extremists countries... I personally don't blame Israel. They are F-ing scared and have every right to be. Whats that saying... "Never again."

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    This is biggest threat right now. A war with Iran because of Israel.
    gw2 is a great game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baratheon View Post
    Maybe you should go live in Israel and see what its like to live between 2 radical extremists countries... I personally don't blame Israel. They are F-ing scared and have every right to be. Whats that saying... "Never again."
    The Mediterranean is a radical extremist country? Nice to know.

Quote Originally Posted by beanz View Post
    To answer the op question. The only nations on that list that pose any real threat to the US is Iran, North Korea and the US themselves. But not because of the debt. The US is a threat to themselves because of the corrupt Republican house playing chicken with the world economy. None of those nations would even attack the US. But they may attack our allies.

You just sound like an arragont but ignorant democrat who just points their finger at any republican they see. I bet you're the kind of person who would like to see full democratic power in every branhc of government. Yea, so... much for non-partisanship. Republican and democrats together balance the ideology and if we lose that Balance... well.... maybe someday we will have another revolutionary war.

Deleted
    None of the above, no other single country's got anything on 'Murica. But the biggest threat would be the UN,

Quote Originally Posted by Baratheon View Post
    Well, they're scared because the people they stole their land from are (rightly) pissed off at them. Israel will still make the first move. Iran is all talk. Egypt, Syria, and Lebanon have their own problems to worry about so they aren't much of a threat to Israel either (at the moment). What happens when Israel runs out of settlement territory in the West Bank? They're going to go to war with the neighbors they're supposedly scared of. Israel is a serious problem in the Middle East, and the US being BFF status will automatically back anything Israel does despite most citizens disagreeing with the policy. Israel doesn't want peace, unless that peace consists of them removing Muslims from the surrounding area.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Lothar View Post
    You just sound like an arragont but ignorant democrat who just points their finger at any republican they see. I bet you're the kind of person who would like to see full democratic power in every branhc of government. Yea, so... much for non-partisanship. Republican and democrats together balance the ideology and if we lose that Balance... well.... maybe someday we will have another revolutionary war.
    i doubt it would get to the point where we would have a civil war again.

also what exactly is the un doing that is threatening?
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2012-12-21 at 05:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly the biggest threat is from U.S itself, doesn't look like it's going to good for the guys :P
    Otherwise, well they want to make us think it is Iran that's the big threat. So let's jump on the bandwagon, never anything bad that's happened because of that!