Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    Also, have they fixed pets on the PTR?
    Do you mean the Imp Meleeing and the Felguard having no weapon? I'm not sure about the Imp, but my Felguard was fine when I logged on last night to test the 100% Crit Trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Near 8k+ dps Demo T:15H profile

Change the meta and doom lines to:

actions+=/doom,cycle_targets=1,line_cd=5,if=(buff.metamorphosis.up&(ticks_remain<=1|(ticks_remain+1< n_ticks&buff.dark_soul.up))&target.time_to_die>=30&miss_react)|buff.perfect_aim.up&buff.me tamorphosis.up

actions+=/metamorphosis,if=(buff.dark_soul.up&demonic_fury%32>buff.dark_soul.remains)|dot.corruption .remains<5|!dot.doom.ticking|demonic_fury>=950|demonic_fury%32>target.time_to_die|buff.per fect_aim.up

The line_cd on doom will mess with multi-target tests so you should probably turn it off if you intend to do multi-target tests.

Also got a minor gain (500-600 dps) by changing the life tap line to:

actions+=/life_tap,if=mana.pct<35
    Last edited by Kaizers; 2013-03-02 at 07:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    There's nothing wrong with using a pet on Dark Animus or Primordius.
    Supremacy will easily outperform sac on Tortos. Other than the fact that it's just plain better single target, you also spend a great deal of time multidotting and AoEing.
    Don't forget, if you need a pet that can swap targets frequently, use the imp.
    But in general when you think about it. then single target is where GoSac should shrine. since you can onlg MG 1 target and GoSac only buff MG, not the dot dmg.

Just from what i have tested i dont see why you would (in any spec) use GoSac over a pet now. dosnt actually give you more dps.

The only bonuses imo is your cd's
    You get sheildwall (shadowbulwark)
    and you Sacrificial Pact is retarded. 600k hp, you sack 150k hp so you have 450k left + a 600k shield. - 1 min cd.

but pure dps numbers = Pet is better

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormie View Post
    But in general when you think about it. then single target is where GoSac should shrine. since you can onlg MG 1 target and GoSac only buff MG, not the dot dmg.

Just from what i have tested i dont see why you would (in any spec) use GoSac over a pet now. dosnt actually give you more dps.

and you Sacrificial Pact is retarded. 600k hp, you sack 150k hp so you have 450k left + a 600k shield. - 1 min cd.

but pure dps numbers = Pet is better
    Hm, 600k without soullink? Or do you mean t15hc gear where you will propably get 600k without soullink?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yalin View Post
    Hm, 600k without soullink? Or do you mean t15hc gear where you will propably get 600k without soullink?

607k on yesterdays test

http://oi49.tinypic.com/23rwso1.jpg
    Last edited by mmoceba8ecc600; 2013-03-02 at 09:40 AM.

Deleted
    new simulationcraft gives some nasty results for 5.2 affliction sacrifice. in t15hc bis gear its like 10k ahead of demonology and 13k ahead of destruction.
    Last edited by mmocab4042b3e7; 2013-03-02 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wormie View Post
    Sac Pact without GoSac Bulwark is already really strong. Combine this with other great defensives such as Soul Leech/Dark Regen, Unending Resolve, Mortal Coil and Twilight Ward and Warlocks are looking even stronger for soaking stuff next tier. I was known in my guild for always standing in shit but still surviving because smart use of CD's. The new Sac Pact and Soul Leech makes things even more absurd and another reason for bringing a Warlock to the raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    And destro again in the pisshole of universe.
    Blah, why they can't just make it hit less in PVP and stop this nerfing?
    They already did it, remember Chaos bolt nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Sac Pact without GoSac Bulwark is already really strong. Combine this with other great defensives such as Soul Leech/Dark Regen, Unending Resolve, Mortal Coil and Twilight Ward and Warlocks are looking even stronger for soaking stuff next tier. I was known in my guild for always standing in shit but still surviving because smart use of CD's. The new Sac Pact and Soul Leech makes things even more absurd and another reason for bringing a Warlock to the raid.
    Yeah, combining those two shields with GoSac's Shadow Bullwark could easily net a lock 1.5 Mil + is damage shields. Who needs self healing when we won't even take damage in the first place?

Deleted
    uhhhm... this might be a stupid qustion...
    so Aff is most likely guoing with Supremecy....but with wich pet preferd? Observer single and Shiv AE?

Observer for single target, yes. Shivarra for AoE... with Fellash? Knockback will many times be a problem and I doubt it will even be worth it to target switch even if the targets can't get knocked back since it's a melee pet.

Imp Swarm with GoSac is doing over 500k damage together with Dark Soul on someone in full resilience now. Feels weird if Blizzard would let that go live. People have been complaining about those imps since the release of MoP and now they got a huge buff.

Deleted
    personally, im inclined to think that the main reason they nerfed GoSac wasnt so much about blizz wanting locks to use pets, butrather bcoz they were trying to fix lock with GOSac so they dont scale out of control, and have therefor nerfed GoSac with heroic gear in mind, to put GOSac afflic in line, so you'll prolly use GoSup to start with and later on in hgih end gear switch back to GoSac.

Lessal, that depends entirely on the encounter but i saw fel imp do some pretty insane dmg the other night on iron qon hc doing something like 40k dps with fel firebolt, outdmging hunter pets, so that is certainly a pet worthy of using.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    personally, im inclined to think that the main reason they nerfed GoSac wasnt so much about blizz wanting locks to use pets, butrather bcoz they were trying to fix lock with GOSac so they dont scale out of control, and have therefor nerfed GoSac with heroic gear in mind, to put GOSac afflic in line, so you'll prolly use GoSup to start with and later on in hgih end gear switch back to GoSac.
    GoSac Affli is doing more than GoSup in full T15H BiS so it indeed seems like the main reason for the nerf.

Deleted
    "A big problem with locks and pets is that for aff/destro pets don't scale with mastery, which is the best stat for both specs.
    That's not really a problem except for talents that let you opt out of having a pet. (Source)"

Anyone else think GC completely misunderstood the question? Looks to me like the guy is asking why pets dont scale with mastery to make them more worthwhile, and GC answers about GoSac?

Seems he's saying that we don't need pets to scale with mastery because we are still in a good position without it. Then the problem lies in mastery scaling with abilities that get buffed by GoSac. He's right but doesn't understand our concern.

Sometimes when i read GC's tweets i have the impression this man is incredibly stupid, like for example those ones about pets and sacrifice on the frontpage. Or is he trying to troll us there? Now i am just missing Xelnath again.
    Last edited by luckydevours; 2013-03-02 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Sometimes when i read GC's tweets i have the impression this man is incredibly stupid, like for example those ones about pets and sacrifice on the frontpage. Or is he trying to troll us there? Now i am just missing Xelnath again.

I strongly believe that GC has a very limited understanding of Warlocks, Hunters and Priests. Some of the things he said in the Class Balance threads about Disc and Shadow make him look like a complete idiot, and he also posted on Twitter that there's no problem with Pets not dealing intended damage on fights with outside buffs like Protectors Heroic because the Pets take very little damage.

Q: lol. managing a pet is cool, but maybe DPS buffs (protectors) should affect them so many fights aren't "blizzard hates pets"
    GC: Pets are largely immune to raid damage. They have limitations on some fights, but aren't that big a deal to manage IMO.

What kind of backwards dip shit logic is that?

Deleted
    I don't think he's the person making the decisions. He's likely only the poor man having to take all the hate for telling people about the changes.

Yeah because having to heal BOTH you and your pet during heavy raid damage which is essentially like bringing one more player to the raid would be great design. I don't get why he even bothers responding to questions like that.

Deleted
    He's the "Lead Systems Designer".. more like he's the person having the final say, as unfortunate as that is