Page 21 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    cracks me up how they're now saying that the 'golden apparition' ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT be like shadow apps, so don't worry guys we're not going to stick you with a garbage mechanic.

yet having all of the shadow tier bonuses tied to shadow apps is okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Schattengest View Post
    Finally a rework on power world insanity
    Just hope they rework too the shitty tier 6 talents...
    My only (very, very mild) gripes on T6 talents are that there aren't enough fights to use Cascade on and Halo positioning is all or nothing. What's bad about the T6 Talents, in your opinion?
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Priest
    - Our current though on Solace is that it will provide damage and healing for both Disc and Holy. So Holy could use it for some Atonement-like healing, as could Disc, but Disc won't double dip and shouldn't feel like it's mandatory. That could change (all of this could change) as we try it out and iterate more.
    This doesn't make sense to me. Holy gets Atonement-like healing? Solace heals for Holy as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    This doesn't make sense to me. Holy gets Atonement-like healing? Solace heals for Holy as well?
    Seeing as Holy doesn't have Atonement off of Holy Fire then Holy's Solace will not have Atonement.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

They'll probably redesign Solace once more to have a built in Atonement -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Seeing as Holy doesn't have Atonement off of Holy Fire then Holy's Solace will not have Atonement.
    Read the post again!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    They'll probably redesign Solace once more to have a built in Atonement -.-
    That's what it sounds like to me; that's a pretty decent idea, actually. Solves my criticism about it sucking hard for Holy.

@ Hapesnova That's not how we see it. Holy posts bad numbers because there are 5-10X as many priests playing Disc (and beating other healers)
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter
    @Ghostcrawler @Hapesnova I have real issues with that statement, GC. Holy needs help; if not exactly in throughput, but utility and mana.
    We think Holy's mana similar to e.g. druid and MW. Utility is hard for me to debate because players never think they have enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter
    I'm a Disc priest, as you know, and I really, really can't think of a good reason to bring a Holy. What do they offer? Nothing another healer can't do, without Chakra's limitations, even.
    Last edited by Venaliter; 2013-01-16 at 12:45 AM.

Read the tweet again.
    It's a tweet, and it's Ghostcrawler.. it's not going to be 100% informative and descriptive. There is really no reason that Holy would get Atonement off of Holy Fire transforming into Power Word: Solace seeing as Holy does not have Atonement off of Holy Fire.

The actual blue post says:
    Power Word: Solace replaces Holy Fire. It deals the same damage and interacts with other spells and abilities in the same manner, but is instant, costs no mana, and restores 1% of maximum mana on each cast.

Which is saying it's going to interact the same way Holy Fire does currently - which would mean Atonement for Disc and not for Holy.
    Last edited by Mazi; 2013-01-15 at 10:16 PM.

[/FONT][/COLOR]Which is saying it's going to interact the same way Holy Fire does currently - which would mean Atonement for Disc and not for Holy.
    The patchnotes are close to one month old. They already had enough feedback on this version of Solace (that it's useless to holy, and good for disc).

And that's why i said they'll redesign it once more to have a built in Atonement.

Which is saying it's going to interact the same way Holy Fire does currently - which would mean Atonement for Disc and not for Holy.
    Again. Once More. Try to wrap your head around what they are saying now, not then. It's not a tweet. It's a blue post.

Priest
    - Our current though on Solace is that it will provide damage and healing for both Disc and Holy. So Holy could use it for some Atonement-like healing, as could Disc, but Disc won't double dip and shouldn't feel like it's mandatory. That could change (all of this could change) as we try it out and iterate more.

Again. Once More. Try to wrap your head around what they are saying now, not then. It's not a tweet. It's a blue post.
    Where is that even at? I did a ctrl+f on MMO-Champ home page and never saw that. Maybe you should also try to speak without the condescending insults "wrap your head around this" and be a little more civil.

Where is that even at? I did a ctrl+f on MMO-Champ home page and never saw that. Maybe you should also try to speak without the condescending insults "wrap your head around this" and be a little more civil.
    From a quote on a blue post by GC today: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ssues/#post355
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    <snip>

Also in relation to chakra and the pvp set I actually think it's positive. Blizzard normal mo is: <Insert Spec / Talent / Ability> is fine, is fine, is fine. Ok <Insert Spec / Talent / Ability> needs to change. So if this is an inclination of admittance that something needs to change with Chakra, great!
    Last edited by PhillieB; 2013-01-15 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Twintop beat me to it and posted the link

Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    From a quote on a blue post by GC today: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ssues/#post355
    Thanks Twintop

Maybe you should also try to speak without the condescending insults "wrap your head around this" and be a little more civil.
    I'm not sure how much more clear it could have been. You are a bit tedious to deal with; the quote was in the post you replied too. Helpfully tagged and gc-quoted, even. I don't know how to do Blizz quotes in blue. I will accept some fault for the typo on "tweet" instead of post. That was unclear.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    <snip>

Also in relation to chakra and the pvp set I actually think it's positive. Blizzard normal mo is: <Insert Spec / Talent / Ability> is fine, is fine, is fine. Ok <Insert Spec / Talent / Ability> needs to change. So if this is an inclination of admittance that something needs to change with Chakra, great!
    I would agree. I've posted several times (and the quote) that GC admitted Chakra would be better just straight mechanics. It's probably in my post history. They'd probably wait for an expansion to redesign it; not because of technical limitations; it's because they like to save the *new* stuff to boost xpack sales. The Holy PvP bonus is very useful. The new Disc bonus seems not so much.

I'm not sure how much more clear it could have been. You are a bit tedious to deal with; the quote was in the post you replied too. Helpfully tagged and gc-quoted, even. I don't know how to do Blizz quotes in blue. I will accept some fault for the typo on "tweet" instead of post. That was unclear.

I would agree. I've posted several times (and the quote) that GC admitted Chakra would be better just straight mechanics. It's probably in my post history. They'd probably wait for an expansion to redesign it; not because of technical limitations; it's because they like to save the *new* stuff to boost xpack sales. The Holy PvP bonus is very useful. The new Disc bonus seems not so much.
    All you said was read it again, and randomly quoted stuff that was unrelated, not the post that Twintop linked. I hadn't ready it, so I didn't take your word for it. I was basing it on previous things read, not something that wasn't even on mmo-champion yet. Take a chill pill.

All you said was read it again, and randomly quoted stuff that was unrelated, not the post that Twintop linked. I hadn't ready it, so I didn't take your word for it. I was basing it on previous things read, not something that wasn't even on mmo-champion yet. Take a chill pill.
    a) it IS on MMO-Champion. b) the post included the quote. I will re-quote it below. c) I don't need a chill pill. Maybe you could use a reading comprehension pill, if there is such a thing. The whole thing is rather tiresome. You made a mistake. Instead of admitting it, you decided to attack me. Move on, Mazi.

Priest

a) it IS on MMO-Champion. b) the post included the quote. I will re-quote it below. c) I don't need a chill pill. Maybe you could use a reading comprehension pill, if there is such a thing. The whole thing is rather tiresome. You made a mistake. Instead of admitting it, you decided to attack me. Move on, Mazi.
    Hahaha, okay buddy. Move along.

Deleted
    [...]
    I also don't like Inner Will. It doesn't stack with movement on boots; meaning it's 2% movement speed and 15% mana reduction vs Inner Fire's 10% spellpower. But that can be left for another day. It's a pet peeve of mine, limited a "stance" so drastically.
    The Inner's make it so you actually have 6 stance variations because of 3 chakra stances, and 2 Inner's. When was Inner Will introduced again? What did it try to solve?

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    The Inner's make it so you actually have 6 stance variations because of 3 chakra stances, and 2 Inner's. When was Inner Will introduced again? What did it try to solve?
    Too have a choice between "throughput" and "mana savings". It was a stupid idea. I was pretty much opposed from the get-go. Ironically, it had a brief surge in Cataclysm when it allowed Shield Spamming, but that was slapped down within a week or so.
    Last edited by Venaliter; 2013-01-16 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    It was meant to give Priests the passive run speed other classes had. However it never stacked with +speed on boots so it became pretty much useless unless you spam shields or renew and you lost a big chunk of armor and spellpower that it was never worth it.