Page 55 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Would it be extreme to let all our spell benefit the same way from mastery as it didn with Dw:TR?
    Would mean our direct damage spells would get another chance to hit, the only thing to offset this could be that a generated MB or SWD doesn't generate an orb. Like that Mastery becomes a lot better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karei View Post
    Would it be extreme to let all our spell benefit the same way from mastery as it didn with Dw:TR?
    Would mean our direct damage spells would get another chance to hit, the only thing to offset this could be that a generated MB or SWD doesn't generate an orb. Like that Mastery becomes a lot better
    If you do that, you of course would need to nerf mastery rating to roughly crit level (if not worse).
    {[( )]}

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Not really, which was why priests kept manaburn longer.
    The *result* was the same. IE your target has less mana.

All i was stating was that it might be easy to confuse the spell names, given that the funcion of both was to DRAIN someones mana...and yet more nitpicking because "cant see the forest."

Quote Originally Posted by Karei View Post
    This would make crit useless, because both crit and mastery would be causing double damage, only difference being crits don't give an additional chance to proc FDCL/DI.

I don't want it boosted, I want it changed, 'cause whoever designed our current mastery didn't take more than 15 seconds to think of it, and should be shot in the face.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    This would make crit useless, because both crit and mastery would be causing double damage, only difference being crits don't give an additional chance to proc FDCL/DI.

I don't want it boosted, I want it changed, 'cause whoever designed our current mastery didn't take more than 15 seconds to think of it, and should be shot in the face.
    Well that escalated quickly.

Seriously though, it's more interesting than some masteries. Among other things, it currently makes our mana more plentiful as we stack it. It could be even more boring like the +% shadow damage warlock one.

Something I posted on H2P:

Couple things I've noticed since the MB buff went in. MB is hitting for a truck, which is really nice. Going DI also seems to keep up much better with mages/other classes. The gap has deffenetly gotten closer. This isnt even with the 100% crit on vt/sw;p yet. Things are deff looking up for us.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

- Power Infusion - in addition to current effects, also increases all damage by 10%.
    Woho - it got buffed.

Can someone please explain to me how the changes to divine aegis is not another HUGE nerf to disc priests? Now-
    Disc
    Greater Heal = 100 healing
    +100 bonus from crit
    =200 healing
    +50% devine aegis = 200 healing + 100 absorb total

then-
    greater heal = 100 healing
    +0 bonus from crit
    =100 healing
    +100% divine aegis = 100 healing + 100 absorb

am i doing something wrong? did i not understand the change?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Woho - it got buffed.
    That seems to keep it in line with DI now that MB hits 20% harder. I assume we can expect something from Twist of Fate, too? Either that or they're leaving it as a situational ability for fights where it has high uptime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vanityking View Post
    Can someone please explain to me how the changes to divine aegis is not another HUGE nerf to disc priests? Now-
    Disc
    +100 bonus from crit
    =200 healing

then-
    +0 bonus from crit
    =100 healing

I haven't seen any changes regarding DA and GH, could you tell me what you are talking about?

That seems to keep it in line with DI now that MB hits 20% harder. I assume we can expect something from Twist of Fate, too? Either that or they're leaving it as a situational ability for fights where it has high uptime.
    ToF is already quite close to DI on fights without adds, while being by far the best option on any fight with adds/when you can cheese it (~50% of the fights this tier), so I'd imagine they'd keep it like it is right now. Makes all the talents viable depending on the fight at hand (previously PI had no use, and DI was barely superior to ToF even on fights that didn't suit ToF).

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    I haven't seen any changes regarding DA and GH, could you tell me what you are talking about?
    This post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6?page=90#1791

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

1) Divine Aegis now works differently. It causes any critical heal to proc a bubble for 100% of the heal instead of doubling the heal. In other words, a crit for Holy is a 200% heal. A crit for Disc is a 100% heal + a 100% bubble. The bubble however benefits from mastery, so it's more likely a 100% heal + a 130% bubble.
    2) Power Word: Shield can now crit for Discipline.
    3) Mastery now boosts shields by 1.6% per point (down from 2.5% per point) but now also increases all healing by 0.8% per point.

Deleted
    Thanks! I think it's a better design (a crit heal being more than 3 times as good as a normal is a bit silly right now) but it's definitely a nerf. Pw:s change is a nice change and ensures that crit doesn't suffer as much from the earlier change. Mastery should also be a slight buff considering our spell distribution on the ptr. Overall I think the changes are a slight nerf (which I definitely don't think we need) but I find the reasoning behind them solid.

I could quite frankly say this about the earlier changes as well (less emphasis on PoH spam, less mana from rapture, nerfs to DA/SS), I just think they are taking the nerfs way too far and basically pigeonholes (since everything else is nerfed) us into mainly atonement healing which is incredibly boring. If disc got a slight buff to our single target heals (atonement is barely less output, while dealing damage, makes no sense) and some increased aoe healing (not absorb), possibly through PoM/PoH I think we'd be in an okay spot in 5.2 as well. Right now I feel like we'll be completely fine on most fights (while spamming atonement for 90% of them:S) while being incredibly weak on any fight that requires a big amount of aoe healing.

I think that's what we need right now tbh.

But think it will take time to get used to crits only adding extra absorb and not extra healing... hopefully they fix so we can "absorb heal" friendly bosses up... hate those fights as Disc, some sort of absorb to heal conversion.

Now they just need to fix SW;I and we might be a fully functioning dps machine come 5.2. See, and all you people were doubting them =P

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by vanityking View Post
    Disc
    +100 bonus from crit
    =200 healing

then-
    +0 bonus from crit
    =100 healing

You forget to include the Mastery base healing buff: Mastery now also increases healing by .8% per percent; that changes the math a little ;-)

Onward:

This is an interesting change; another mixed bag for Disc. It's probably a VERY good change for Disc PvE. It was obvious to all, even (belatedly) blizzard, that Disc would not be viable if 5.2 went live. In PvP, it's a BASE healing buff, but a critical healing nerf, and also makes us more vulnerable to dispels plus weaker shields. I'm thinking overall nerf. Again.

Deleted
    It's probably a VERY good change for Disc PvE
    How come? The mastery change is obviously really nice, but quite minor, and the crit change is a very significant nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    How come? The mastery change is obviously really nice, but quite minor, and the crit change is a very significant nerf.
    It's a straight up buff to PoH, though. At least from what it was. Without dependable AE healing, Disc was sitting out the tier. Atonement doesn't cut it for AoE heavy fights.

He is intending for it to be a nerf. Thats why he prefaced the changes like he did. The thing is, they realized the previous nerf would not do what they wanted to do, so they did this instead. Its a nerf to the outrageous numbers disc could put out just sitting on PoH and hitting SS on cd, but its an improvement to playstyle, in my opinion. This will help in fights where absorbs are not as useful and will make getting a good mix of crit and mastery essential, perhaps changing on a fight per fight basis.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullcephus View Post
    Its a nerf to the outrageous numbers disc could put out just sitting on PoH and hitting SS on cd
    Just my 2 cents.
    Which is rather worthless. Of course it's a nerf over live. We needed it. But I think it's a buff over how bad it was on the PTR.

Deleted
    It's a straight up buff to PoH, though. At least from what it was. Without dependable AE healing, Disc was sitting out the tier. Atonement doesn't cut it for AoE heavy fights.
    A bit too tired to actually math it right now but I'm quite certain that it's an overall nerf for PoH unless you're stacking mastery in 5.2.

Using 0.8, 1,6 and 2,5 to illustrate, X being heal, Y being shield:
    PoH hit before this change: X
    PoH hit after this change: X+X0,8M
    PoH crit before this change: 2X+Y+Y2,5M
    PoH crit after this change: X+X0,8M+Y+Y1,6M (Y will obv. be slightly larger here due to the slight mastery increase of the heal)

The nerf to PoH crits is going to be way bigger than the buff to PoH hits and the net value (especially factoring in IF) should be a nerf.

Since my illustration is incredibly poor I'll just do some napkin math. Assuming 20% crit (excluding IF), 30% shield increase from mastery (with the current calc) and that the PoH hits for 50k without any modifiers (random numbers, just using them to make a point). I'm sure I'll fuck up the math entirely despite making it very simple for myself (I apologize, I'm damn tired and had a bit to drink) but hopefully you at least get my point^^.

PoH hit before this change: 50k
    PoH hit after this change: 50k+4,8k (50*0,3*0,8/2,5)=54,8k

PoH crit before this change: 50*2(heal)+50*2*0,5(base DA)+50*2*0,5*0,3(mastery addition)=100k+50k+15k=165k
    PoH crit post change:54,8(heal)+54,8(base DA)+54,8k*0,3*1,6/2,5(mastery addition)=54,8k+54,8k+10,5216k=~120k

So every hit is increased by 4,8k post change. Every crit is decreased by 4 5k. 1/5 hits is a crit. Net increase from 4 hits: 19,2k. Net decrease from 1 crit: 45k. Net decrease for 5 PoHs (1 crit, 4 hits): 45-19,2=25,8k. On average a 25,8/5=5,16k decrease for each PoH cast.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-02-15 at 04:43 AM.