Deleted
    Yeah, glyphs are tough enough to choose from. perhaps baseline for enh and ele, just feel like healing stream is very weak as it is.

Does this change mean they're going to let LvB scale with crit chance to increase the damage like Chaos Bolt or is crit still going to be worthless for about 50% of our damage?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaravati View Post
    I don't really think this change has anything to do with PvP to be honest, it's just making it a bit easier to switch targets in PvE
    Ele target swapping is fine. One global wasted on a new flame shock is nothing, and if the target is going to be alive for a while then it's a dps increase due to more LB procs anyways. This change is all about PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamerfal View Post
    Buff other sources of damage, give shamans a bonus if flame shock is dispelled, make unleash elements on a target cast a flame shock so if the original one is dispelled we can put up another one before healers dispel comes back off. So many other decent fixes are available, why this, I will never know.
    Overall the Dispel change was pretty much half assed implemented into the game.

Defensive as well as offensive Dispels needs to be remade from scratch, going there and say "Dispels should matter" and then "But Affli and SP keep their Dispel protection" just doesn't fit together.

Similiar thing goes for offensive dispels, important buffs are undispelable or you can't get them because the target got that many trash buffs that it is impossible to dispel the right buff in a decent amount of time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DWAR View Post
    And on PVP we are only ok if we are on free cast mode, and if people are dumb enough to let us hard cast during 10s of Ascendence, besides that we hit like popcorn into a wall.
    This is the REAL issue.

So instead of addressing the real issue of, 'If my flame shock gets dispelled in PvP before I get off a lava burst my damage goes to shit because lava burst is my only source of decent damage,' they go an create the same issue, but in a different way.
    Completely agree with Hamerfal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaravati View Post
    No more glyphs please, especially not ones that will make Resto OP.

I don't really think this change has anything to do with PvP to be honest, it's just making it a bit easier to switch targets in PvE (also it appears that they are going to look into buffing other sources of damage).

It's really unfortunate that it seems they aren't even going to bother looking further into Elemental PvP concerns but that's not really surprising.

Edit: I don't mean to imply that the change won't help in PvP just that I believe it is more geared towards PvE
    The context that the change was made suggests that it was a pvp change but maybe with some pve implications. As far as pvp goes it opens up the use of frozen power and, in my opinion/depending on how it turns out, unleashed fury. Frozen powered frost shock>unleashed element/fury(for 20% fire damage + 10% LvB dmg)>Lava Burst. So you can keep the melee at bay while still doing decent damage without flame shock up. That's how I'm looking at it at anyways.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    seems a lot of people here are confused on what actually is happening to lava burst lol
    It's not exactly worded properly either, though.

Deleted
    Arena, patch 5.2

<Flame shock is dispelled>

Elemental Shaman: i can use my LvB anyway, EAT THIS MISERABLE!

Elemental Shaman: WTF!!!!? they hit like a fucking lighting bolt!

Elemental Shaman: WTF!!!!? NO LAVA SURGE PROC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elemental Shaman: WTF!!!!? New gliph of flame shock is USELESS without Flame Shock on target.... ARGHHHHH!

Elemental Shaman: WTF!!!!? Ok must cast Flame Shock first.

Elemental Shaman: WTF!!!!? OMG what happen to my LvB damage???

You are dead.

From what i understand they are making LvB always crit but reducing its dmg as an example:

Current:
    LvB (w/o FS) - 10k (lets say to keep maths simple) (non-crit)
    LvB (w/ FS) - 25k (crit)

Change:
    LvB (w/o FS) - 16.6k (crit)
    LvB (w/FS) - 25k (crit)

This is clearly a more a pvp thing as its basically a buff to LvB dmg on non FS targets by 66%, assuming they keep the numbers for hitting a FS target the same. Tho dont beleive its a soultion to the pvp issues, but still a start.

If they allow the dmg to also scale with crit like Chaos Bolt this will be a nice increase, especially if they say they'll be increasing LB dmg as well as we're still low dps, could even make crit a stat we actually look at if they allow its dmg to scale.

Ele target swapping is fine. One global wasted on a new flame shock is nothing, and if the target is going to be alive for a while then it's a dps increase due to more LB procs anyways. This change is all about PvP.
    tsulong or elegon would want a word with you, especially 10mans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    You have more than enough time to FS LB on those encounters. Earlier waves of Elegon you can get away with hitting one chain lightning and going back to the boss anyways. Whats the problem?

You can add Will of the Emperor, 4 kings (shadow orbs), Garajal (spirits/totems), Zor'lok (MCs), possibly Mek'jarak, definitely Un'sok, protectors (HM).... I think we can all agree this is a welcome change for PVE AS WELL.

You have more than enough time to FS LB on those encounters. Earlier waves of Elegon you can get away with hitting one chain lightning and going back to the boss anyways. Whats the problem?
    You don't want to FS is the target is going to die 3 seconds later.

or amber shaper, adds have very little hp and when im getting LS procs, and we don't want to push the boss to 70% because we need enough ambers up for the constructs to eat in p2, i can throw them without basically trying to fs lvb every add while it dies 4 seconds after i put FS up...which is a total waste of time, better off using ES and 166% lvb and EB etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    I think we can all agree this is a welcome change for PVE AS WELL.
    Yet if you want to do maximum damage you still have to flame shock first. So what's changed?

Yet if you want to do maximum damage you still have to flame shock first. So what's changed?
    Swapping target changed, I don't know what is so difficult to understand. Instead of throwing pitiful Lightning Bolts you can throw a guaranteed crit LvB which will hit harder without wasting 1 gcd on FS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Swapping target changed, I don't know what is so difficult to understand. Instead of throwing pitiful Lightning Bolts you can throw a guaranteed crit LvB which will hit harder without wasting 1 gcd on FS.
    Why would you throw pitiful lightning bolts in the first place. If the mob dies before you can FS LB then there's not much point switching to it. The only case where this is a problem is amber shaper where you have to stop deeps on the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    The dmg per cast for 2-3 flame shock ticks on an add that does not live long, just to get lava burst to crit, is really low. Not to mention that it delays earth shock and probably screws up your flame shock on the boss as well at some point. Now you will be able to chose for a less powerful lava burst and follow up with an earth shock (i.e. make better use of earth shocks/fulmination when you have to target switch a lot).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Now you will be able to chose for a less powerful lava burst and follow up with an earth shock (i.e. make better use of earth shocks/fulmination when you have to target switch a lot).
    By that logic, there was no need for the change since you could just cast lava burst onto non FS affected targets.

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    I night actually have to shave me, you never know!
    You know that one night every year when people actually floss their teeth....make it that night.

10+ Year Old Account
    By that logic, there was no need for the change since you could just cast lava burst onto non FS affected targets.
    Except that now you will be less punished ... 2.5 to 1 vs 1.5 to 1.