Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What does RP mean ?

Because I highly doubt there is something called Role Playing in World of Warcraft.

Its more like cybeR Prostitution.

10+ Year Old Account
    It means Role Play, no matter what you might personally think of it.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    *Shakes head* Did you just randomly go on that one server and assume every single RPER does that? People do RP in that game as silly as it is which I'm not going to judge you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    Because I highly doubt there is something called Role Playing in World of Warcraft.

Hehe. I think you're thinking of ERP, being erotic role playing :P
    Not everybody are like that. I don't do either really, but since i'm on a RP-server i abide to the rules there. I've met a few people doing fun events, which is cool.
    I mostly just ignore it, otherwise i've probably met more.
    Same with the ERPs really. I can't be arsed to care about it. Let them have their fun :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    *Shakes head* Did you just randomly go on that one server and assume every single RPER does that? People do RP in that game as silly as it is which I'm not going to judge you.
    Actually i went to the "famous RP servers" Moon Guard US and Argent Dawn EU (i play on both US and EU regularly though US sometimes have higher ping)
    so yes those

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    As someone who plays on a RP-PVP server, RP is the justification to go out in the world and kill the opposite faction without mercy, and then you hang out with your friends drinking beers talking about the ungodly way you slaughter the lowbies. ERP is a thing for Moon Guard.

Deleted
    Actually i went to the "famous RP servers" Moon Guard US and Argent Dawn EU (i play on both US and EU regularly though US sometimes have higher ping)
    so yes those
    Don't go near Goldshire and it'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Same with the ERPs really. I can't be arsed to care about it. Let them have their fun :P
    aha! ERP, so RP is something and ERP is something else. i guesed there wasn't really RP on WoW :P

I tried to RP with my Safari Hat and my army of lvl 25 pets but it seems EVERYONE is quiet and fixating on a random PERSON "roleplaying" as a S*** Elf or goat whichever season it gets.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 03:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Don't go near Goldshire and it'll be fine.
    u know any places where there is "normal" RPing going on :P ?

so yes those
    You probably went to silvermoon or gold shire then. Those are horrible places, and has nothing to do with RP anyway.
    It's a bit harder to find the good RP-places, and blizzard ruined the overall RPing on the servers by not banning people with names like "cattleclysm", "ipwn", "dotitup", nor regulating people saying "LOL > DD" in say.
    You have to look a bit around if you want to find a nice hub with the more serious kind, if you can call it that

What you have seen is those that just flirt in public. A lot of RPers have to go to the more calm places to avoid trolls disturbing it.

so yes those
    you went to the wrong rp server or location maybe?

aha! ERP, so RP is something and ERP is something else. i guesed there wasn't really RP on WoW :P

I tried to RP with my Safari Hat and my army of lvl 25 pets but it seems EVERYONE is quiet and fixating on a random PERSON "roleplaying" as a S*** Elf or goat whichever season it gets.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 03:50 AM ----------

On argent dawn i think they use the bars in orgrimmar now. And the building with raiddummies, since it's far away from most.
    You should just ask in general. They're usually responsive, if there's anything going on, and you sound serious ^^

Edit:
    This obviously being hordeside. I never played as alliance, so no clue there. More people there, so probably a better chance to find those you seek there

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    You probably went to silvermoon or gold shire then. Those are horrible places, and has nothing to do with RP anyway.
    It's a bit harder to find the good RP-places, and blizzard ruined the overall RPing on the servers by not banning people with names like "cattleclysm", "ipwn", "dotitup", nor regulating people saying "LOL > DD" in say.
    You have to look a bit around if you want to find a nice hub with the more serious kind, if you can call it that

What you have seen is those that just flirt in public. A lot of RPers have to go to the more calm places to avoid trolls disturbing it.
    saying LOL etc isnt regulated O_o ? ... i might want to reconsider my nick name then ... LOL ><

Deleted
    Eh, probably no, sorry. Just don't go near Goldshire, people there are disgrace to WoW RP comunity. I think there are guilds roleplaying in Dukswood and Tyr's Hand (Argent Dawn - EU). People also roleplay in SW/OG, so try your luck there.

Ah I give up, the only good "role" im good at is search and destroy .. in pvp realms

Deleted

Real Pro.
    Atleast that's what I tell anyone that asks.

It's kind of like fanart. If you just type in "fanart of [popular character]" without knowing filters and keywords you're going to run into erotic results rather quickly.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

RP=Runic Power of course ^^

Way to insult a large chunk of the playerbase based on a negative stereotype promoted by people whom have never roleplayed. I guess we should call pvp persistent vitriolic plaints and raiders "no-lifers" too?

so yes those
    So you go to a "famous RP server" and head directly to Goldshire to observe the measure of that servers RP community; do you do the same to observe the measure of its raiding community as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    so yes those
    You wouldn't survive 5 minuets on Emerald Dream. Goldshire is made up of Duelists. ERP is hidden because if found out people add you to KOS lists, we have a large community of RP players, We use RP to justify Ganking, Raiding, WPVP(all types), Battle grounds, 2's, 3's ect.

You assume RP is about one thing, a lot of times RP is how your character reacts and interacts in any given situation. For me it is my excuse to say random crap in /s, also remember these words of wisdom Assume makes an (censored) out of U and ME.