I'd buy the 99$ pack if I could use my Station account (I don't like Pro7, which will be publishing EQN in Europe).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda want to get it, maybe some christmas present, lol.

I love building things despite how retarded it might look.

I would pay 60 bucks for Terraria 2 so I am going to pay 60 bucks for EQLM. That's how I am going to rationalize it.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    I would pay 60 bucks for Terraria 2 so I am going to pay 60 bucks for EQLM. That's how I am going to rationalize it.
    Best rationalization ever.
    I'll probably wait a bit longer. Depends on if stuff comes out I want.

Am I alone in feeling the beta eta and trailer are both let downs?

Reminds me of what happened with Perfect World and Neverwinter. Gonna pass on this. Maybe I can get into the beta. But I won't pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    landmark beta details are out: http://www.eqhammer.com/news/landmar...gram-announced

Only $60 for alpha? I'm in.
    So I can pay them to test their game and get a trinket or two? I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    So I can pay them to test their game and get a trinket or two? I'll pass.
    Yeah it's an interesting approach. If they gave EQN pre orders beta access that's not so bad. But this does seem aimed at the long standing EQ fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I'd buy the 99$ pack if I could use my Station account (I don't like Pro7, which will be publishing EQN in Europe).
    You can, for the beta. SOE will handle the alpha/beta in both regions.

And personally I'm just going to stick with SOE after release as well and play on the US servers because my only other option is not playing.
    (Yes, I really don't like PSS1.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    You can, for the beta. SOE will handle the alpha/beta in both regions.

And personally I'm just going to stick with SOE after release as well and play on the US servers because my only other option is not playing.
    (Yes, I really don't like PSS1.)
    But not for the launch, right? That's the last I heard (from the e-mail I received from them on their latest updates).

I mean, I play PlanetSide 2 with a Station account on the European servers. I'd like to do the same in EQN.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    But not for the launch, right? That's the last I heard (from the e-mail I received from them on their latest updates).

I mean, I play PlanetSide 2 with a Station account on the European servers. I'd like to do the same in EQN.
    They have said PSS1 will handle EU for launch yes, but since EQN won't be region locked I don't see how they are going to stop me from using my SOE account

I'm tempted to do the $20 one, depending on how long the Closed beta is. If it literally only buys me a month of time, I'll probably pass though. I'm excited for the game, but this really just seems like a petty money grab for virtual trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I'm tempted to do the $20 one, depending on how long the Closed beta is. If it literally only buys me a month of time, I'll probably pass though. I'm excited for the game, but this really just seems like a petty money grab for virtual trinkets.
    Founder packages are standard affair in F2P MMO's nowadays. They're basically pre-orders like you see for retail games, even coming in at different price points (Regular versus collectors version).

I need a quick question answered if you guys don't mind.

What is the difference between everquest next & everquest next: Landmark?

Is landmark the 'housing' portion of the game?

They make it sound as if they're different games, but they're still tagged as everquest next so its somewhat confusing.

My best analogy would be, Landmark is a form of Test Server for EQN, as well as Content Foundry. At first it was explained to be mostly a better looking version of Minecraft, but later they said there would be limited combat in it as well. So we're not entirely sure of the exact scope so far.

At the very least, you can explore, claim land, and craft/build on said lands. It's been stated that at least some of the better designs on Landmark would be included in the real EQN game, and a sort of revenue sharing offered to the player content creator.

The mention of possible combat in it is maybe them realizing it would be redundant to have an EQN test server AND Landmark running. So balance testing maybe on Landmark? We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    I need a quick question answered if you guys don't mind.

What is the different between everquest next & everquest next: Landmark?

Is landmark the 'housing' portion of the game?

They make it sound as if they're different games, but they're still tagged as everquest next so its somewhat confusing.
    They are different games. Landmark is a building & exploration game set in the EQN universe and using EQN's engine & art style.

EQN is a full on MMO. Landmark is not a full MMO- it's a building game.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-11-12 at 03:17 PM.

Well, "this winter" lasts from December through February. That's probably why they never said "this year."

Hmmm why is it that I am considering the Trailblazer option.......

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Considering that beta isn't going to be until march, I don't think the game will be released in February. I might be wrong, who knows, but I just have a feeling. [/FONT]
    Did they say "released" or "playable" by this winter? I thought it was playable, but if it was released, then yeah, it's won't be released by this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Yeah it's an interesting approach. If they gave EQN pre orders beta access that's not so bad. But this does seem aimed at the long standing EQ fan base.
    EH, i still have all three of my original accounts back from 2000 and three box there at least one weekend a month. Still sounds like a crap deal for me. Now if it was a preorder or somewhere closer to those lines i think it would be worth it. Or even something you can't live with out that you can take with you into the release. Just my 2 cp on it.