Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Angry Neighbor Complaints need help

I need you all to help me with a problem. I have noisy Neighbors and i wrote this list. I'm almost ready to give it to the office where i live. do you think i should talk to them first. I really don't know them at all. I feel like this. They know dam well when you live in a apartment you should not do the following:

---

Neighbor Complaints:

12/11/2012

1. my neighbor's dog barks a lot day and night. It’s been plenty of times that there dog woke me up in the morning and I’m about sick of it. Just about every day they let their dog bark outside in the morning. About a month ago the neighbors dog barked in there bathroom for about an hour.
    2. Neighbor’s fight with each other often (about twice a month.) I’m about sick of it. I can hear them fighting in my home. It’s very loud and needs to stop!

3. it’s been times that my neighbor's played music in the morning when I’m sleep.
    4. Random Thumping on the wall. I’ve heard loud thumping on my wall and it’s very loud and annoying. It sounds like someone is hitting against the wall. My belief is the dog they have may be jumping round and hitting against the wall.

Let’s bring all this to a wrap.
    I know when you live in these kinds of places you’re going to hear some type of noise. But ridiculous noise will not be tolerated anymore. I’ve been hearing this noise for about 2-3 months. I know it’s been times I may have used the vacuum or gotten a little loud myself, but not all the time. I don’t want any problems with my neighbors but I pay rent here, just like they do. And I want peace and quiet. These walls are very thin. So noise they make is very loud on my end. My neighbors may not know how loud they are sometimes. So now they will.

1. Get a bark collar for your dog. And discipline your dog.
    2. Stop the dog from hitting against the wall or jumping around.
    3. Your fighting is none of my business but when you all are as loud as you are when you fight. Then it is my business.

---

Okay in the morning I'm going to just print this out and do this the none ghetto way. Thanks to all the useful people that tried to help. This one i feel is a little more nice. vs the last one. what do you all think?*

---

12/23/2012

Neighbor Complaints:

*Main complaint Loud Random Thumping on the wall: I hear loud thumping on my wall every day and it’s very loud and annoying. It sounds like someone is hitting against the wall (randomly.) The noise is loud and needs to stop. Also, I’ve heard loud hammering at times that went on for 30 Minutes. This noise is off and on all day and every day, (except for the hammering.) The hammering happened three times that I can remember.
    Fights: Neighbors fight with each other about two times a month. The police have been over their home about two times that I can remember. The times they fought it’s very loud and late at night. Lately they have been better with the fighting. But the next time they get into it. Love for them to tone it down a bit.

Music: It’s been times that my neighbor's played music in the morning when I’m asleep. It sound like a woman was singing along with the music. Love for them to wait to at least 12pm to start the music up. Its ok I’m not mad about it just was a little annoyed by it. This happened about two times that I can remember.

Loud Dog barking: My neighbor's dog barks a lot day and night (outside and inside). It’s been plenty of times that there dog woke me up in the morning. Just about every day they let their dog bark outside in the morning. About a month ago the neighbor’s dog barked in there home for about an hour. Note: It’s been about a week and it’s gotten a little better with their dog. There has not been barking in the home or outside for about a week. Love to keep it that way please.

Noises I’ve been known to make:
    1. Vacuum cleaner:
    2. Fire alarm went off a few times:
    3. I’ve gotten a little loud on the phone:
    4. Played TV a little loud before and radio:
    5. My loud furnace:
    Things I’ve done to fix the problems. On my end:
    1. I vacuum the house around the times of 12pm-6pm only.
    2. I learned to be a better cook.
    3. I’ve stopped talking so loud on the phone.
    4. I’ve bought earphones for my TV and radio.
    5. I have a loud furnace that makes loud booming noise often and I’ve called in about it lots of times. I'm in the process of reporting the furnace again.

Final thoughts:
    I am not mad at the Neighbors but I’m a little annoyed at them. These noises have been going on for about 2-3 months. Just tone it down a little. I didn't approach the neighbors about this to avoid confrontation. I’ve had company over my home that complained about the noise so I would love for it to be toned down. They don’t seem to be bad people. But the thumping they make is loud. They may not know how loud the random thumping is but they will now, so please stop.
    Last edited by Preston Garvey; 2012-12-24 at 02:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    if the neighbors are fighting and you think it might be domestic/violent you should probably call the police immediately when it starts happening.otherwise just try talking to them first.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2012-12-22 at 04:26 PM.

Deleted
    Try talking to them first imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beyond talking to them, there isn't too much you can do.
    1. Buy noise cancelling headphones; deal with it.
    2. Move.
    3. Be passive-aggressive and make a bunch of crazy ass noise all the time.

I think option 3 has the most potential for hilarity. Buy yourself a drum set and start learning to play the speed metal drums. Put your speakers up against the wall and play a Justin Bieber song over and over again. Start having loud verbal fights... with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Try talking to them first imo.
    I think if they have the audacity to do it in the first place constantly for 2-3 months, they're not going to change from a talk. They're not oblivious to the fact that they have neighbors; people like that are just assholes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure your neighbor isn't McAfee? Heard he was back in the states. Whatever you do don't poison his loud ass dog. He may already have gotten another gun and the poor guy is running out of countries to flee too. So he can escape "persecution" by the police of course.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-12-22 at 04:34 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by time0ut View Post
    Beyond talking to them, there isn't too much you can do.
    1. Buy noise cancelling headphones; deal with it.
    2. Move.
    3. Be passive-aggressive and make a bunch of crazy ass noise all the time.

I think option 3 has the most potential for hilarity. Buy yourself a drum set and start learning to play the speed metal drums. Put your speakers up against the wall and play a Justin Bieber song over and over again. Start having loud verbal fights... with yourself.
    there is such a thing as disturbing the peace.

Deleted
    Try to talk them first, who knows maybe its so simple that they dont know how bad antisound walls you got there.

For the reasons you described in why I never want to meet the people living next door to me. Before they arrived a lady lived there thumping insane loud music at all hours. She fought with her Husband and they both ended up arrested(twice) for battery. I try to be polite and considerate keeping the music down and only focusing on myself even if I hear loud noises or music.

From my experience. You can either

A: Confront them about the issues. Ask they drive the music different hour. Explain the differences but it seems like you're concerned of them reacting to this with violence or making the situation worse.

B: Ignore it. Pretend you don't hear them. At least situation might not get worse but it prolly won't get better.

You should tell them or company renting to you about you're concerns. Ignoring it is not going do any better.

I feel for you, I got some interesting neighbors myself; but they're not that annoying (other than the occasional marijuana smell in the stairwell).

I assume you are renting from a housing company so they should have a list of rules that everyone agreed upon, and I'd assume that some of those rules would be against loud noises and the things you describe.

Something else that would tremendously help is if you can get other neighbors to join in on your complaint.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I think if they have the audacity to do it in the first place constantly for 2-3 months, they're not going to change from a talk. They're not oblivious to the fact that they have neighbors; people like that are just assholes.
    I'm not saying that it'll help, but he should at least try first. But one should only involve authorities when absolutely necessary imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    I'm not saying that it'll help, but he should at least try first. But one should only involve authorities when absolutely necessary imo.
    This is a good idea. Someone. Not me. Called the police when they heard them making loud noises and that's how they got arrested for battery against each other. However you can make a noise complaint and I'm sure they'd come over but you also risk those people next door being even more loud. Always the off chance they're polite people and just need ask them to turn the noise down a tad.

Unless dogs are against the rules in the apartment, I don't think you have a case.
    I don't think you can make a noise complaint about fighting unless it's in the middle of the night, and I'm not sure what anyone can do about dog barking, if owners don't do anything.

Can you let us know what happens after you complain (to whomever you decide to complain).

ok guys if i can remember correctly this is what my lease said about noise.

Noise: no musical instruments shall be played and no radio or TV shall set shall be operated at any time in such manner as to disturb or annoy other occupants of the building, nor shall other noises be made witch will disturb annoy any occupants of building. Operation electrical devices which interfere with radio or TV reception is not permitted.

Go to the police and complain about them. The dog thing would drive me insane as well as just about any abnormal noise from neighbours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Random thumping against the wall might be the bed moving from all the sex. Think about it.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

If you pay rent, I am assuming you live in an appartment complex? Bring the issue to the attention of the Super / Building Manager first, before confronting your neighbor directly.

Confront them, but ask nicely first. Just be like "Dude, I'm trying to sleep, could you please tone it down?" If that doesn't work, file a formal complaint wherever you have to (landlord, etc) and go from there. You won't be able to do much about it unless they're breaking rules/laws about noise though.

My neighbour is even more pathetic, their small dog keep barking 24/7 non stop, and everytime I saw my neighbour they stare at me and never smiles.

Will be missed ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Confront them, but ask nicely first. Just be like "Dude, I'm trying to sleep, could you please tone it down?" If that doesn't work, file a formal complaint wherever you have to (landlord, etc) and go from there. You won't be able to do much about it unless they're breaking rules/laws about noise though.
    Noise: no musical instruments shall be played and no radio or TV shall set shall be operated at any time in such manner as to disturb or annoy other occupants of the building, nor shall other noises be made witch will disturb annoy any occupants of building. Operation electrical devices which interfere with radio or TV reception is not permitted.