Poll: How enjoyable is your mage?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    1 for sure. spamming arcane blast all fight dont give me fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted 8! PvE wise, I gave up once the fire nerf hit. Yeh the numbers were high, but the fluid playstyle was was to appealing, now its meh!

However, I am very much enjoying PvP on my mage I am playing as fire at the moment, and while it doesn't have the numbers that frost carries, I find it more fun to play. Downsides are survivability, with the massive nerf to shields I die fairly quickly despite being full Malevolent with almost full res gems and several 2/2 upgrades :<, but it adds some flavor to the game play I guess.

Deleted
    I chose 9. If it wasn't for the 90 talents and the odd hardcast of pyroblast here and there it would be a definate 10. Only started playing mage at the beginning of MoP and already loving it.

1 because FUCK L90 talents.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

7 - only reason it's not a 10 is level 90 talents.
    Mage in <Strawberry Puppy Kisses> on Area 52

Deleted

Frost is fun to play in PvE, and mage has a ton of good abilities to bypass/negate damage. However, those level 90 talents are a huge weight on my back, and I'd be much happier without them. Between tracking cooldowns, doing my rotation and avoiding whatever harmful things come at me, I also have to use that freaking talent just to compensate for the joke that mage damage is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MurdiStorm View Post

Frost is fun to play in PvE, and mage has a ton of good abilities to bypass/negate damage. However, those level 90 talents are a huge weight on my back, and I'd be much happier without them. Between tracking cooldowns, doing my rotation and avoiding whatever harmful things come at me, I also have to use that freaking talent just to compensate for the joke that mage damage is.
    I'd also go at a 4 for my frost mage, but I actually really like the 90 talents. My main is a BM hunter so it's nice to use my mage to relax after a really hectic rotation, but one that isn't SO simple that I get really bored. Before I got invocation I was basically falling asleep while playing, now that I have it it's gone from a 1 to a 4. Still kinda boring to play, but that's probably because you have to stand still to cast, which I'm not used to. :T
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Its been said before but the 90 talents really prevent me from loving my mage.

I voted 4.
    Hi Sephurik

not as much as 90k mind blasts

Hate it. I hate the level 90 talents, I hate the way inferno blast weaving works, I unsubbed because I couldn't stand playing it anymore.

And I want my flame orb back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted a 9. I've always enjoyed playing my mage since vanilla through every buff and nerf. Only reason why it's not a 10 is because RoP can suck it. I can deal with everything else.

Deleted
    Well, I haven't finished levelling mine yet so my vote doesn't count much :P But I'm absolutely loving the class! Arcane is fun with lots of procs, Fire is awesome because your just killing everything with fire, and frost is sweet because you have a pet. ^^

I voted 1, mainly because i love Fire but by having it destroyed by Blizzard i have to play Arcane, which, i did enjoy at the start but now i just find it boring and not only that, if the PTR changes goes through the "scorch weaving" will just turn into "invocation weaving".

Quote Originally Posted by lillbrorsan View Post
    I voted 1, mainly because i love Fire but by having it destroyed by Blizzard i have to play Arcane, which, i did enjoy at the start but now i just find it boring and not only that, if the PTR changes goes through the "scorch weaving" will just turn into "invocation weaving".
    Absolutely my feelings 100%. Blizzard, in my opinion, have no idea what they want from the mage class. Our L90 talents are simplistic and unoriginal.

I'd give it a 7, it has been my main since 2009 (forever) had some good fun, but my play time is now over and this week I got into college so I don't see myself getting back on it

I voted a 5, because while I still enjoy playing my mage it's evident Blizzard has absolutely no idea what they want to do with the class anymore. Also because the level 90 talents are abysmal.

haha so many mages complaining about their level 90 talents.... your in the 50% of classes that has good level 90 talents stop crying seriously please.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2013-01-10 at 10:36 PM.

RIght now, I'm really enjoying the challenge of trying to rank top 50 while playing arcane, it's fun. Scorch weaving and mana management is interesting, the talents are interesting. With the changes coming in 5.2, and trying to dumb down the play style, my enjoyment will go to 0. I really think GC needs to get away from mages, and focus on Druids, or other classes that favor the brainless fanboy types. That's what he really excels at anyway.

I like my mage as always, but gave it 8 because of some QoL things, mostly hating rune of power in arcane and in fire I don't like having to choose between PoM and Scorch, feels like I really want them both most of the time. I'm also forever annoyed by the hit/spirit issues that make my loot pool much smaller than that of our spriest :P I also wish I could bring more cc utility to raids that doesn't instantly break on damage but oh well, can't have it all.

Oh yeah and I want better AoE for fire and arcane. Give Blastwave back!!!

I gave it an 8.

This is going to be a little bit ranty but here's why it's an 8 instead of a 10.

My Mage has been my main since I started playing the game. I like the feel of the class, and even though the gameplay has changed significantly over time, I still really enjoy the class.

-1 for not being able to play 3 specs without stopping the raid to go re-specialize.
    -1 for not being able to play with half of my friends.

These aren't directly related to the Mage class, but they directly affect the fun I have playing the game. If I want to PvP or run dungeons with my friends that play Horde, I simply can not take my Mage. Leveling another Mage as Horde and gearing him to the same point is not a reasonable solution to this problem. If I want to play with them, my only current option is my Paladin. Naturally, playing a Paladin doesn't rank very high on the "How much are you enjoying your Mage" scale. In my opinion, the game is very broken in this respect. Being able to group cross-realm is a huge improvement, especially considering the longer you play the game, it seems like your characters can get more and more spread out across realms and faction. Grouping cross faction is the next logical step in my eyes. Some may not feel this way, but I think that being able to play with your friends, regardless of their faction, is more important than the RP aspect of Horde vs. Alliance.

With regard to the 3 specs, it makes the classes feel broken. Before I head to a raid, I have to decide, "What kind of Mage am I not going to be able to be tonight?" That doesn't feel right.

If I could change anything about the gameplay of the class, I would re-evaluate the level 90 talents. Being parked in a rune or constantly stopping DPS to evocate isn't as fun for me. When I take Incanter's Ward I don't really feel more powerful, I just feel that I'm sacarficing DPS in order not to do more busy-work during my rotation. Generally, I don't think the adjectives used to describe the level 90 talents are good oens. However, one place where Invocation (paired with glyph of Evocation) is amazing is questing. Where we would previously have to stop and eat, or bandage, etc., that downtime has been reduced considerably. That's a nice quality of life improvement.

Now that I think about it, I'd probably take away another point and vote 7 out of 10 considering the level 90 talents. But I already voted so oh well.