Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    *Raiden.

Keeper of Storms.

Quote Originally Posted by Munjica View Post
    Hmm, a Night Elf? I wonder if they'll make a connection here.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    The statue is of a Keeper of the Grove. Not a Night Elf.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Similar to Ulduar, Throne of Thunder is a raid that is going to feature a final boss that is heroic only. And much like Algalon, we know next to nothing about Ra-Den, the new heroic-only boss available after only defeating Lei Shen on heroic. Now, i figured there may aswell be a thread devoted entirely to discussion about what this boss could be. Lets start.

Oh, this is good. Dare I say a step in the right direction?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    The statue is of a Keeper of the Grove. Not a Night Elf.
    Oh lol I didn't see he had the body of a deer.... -.-

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's what we know.

Nothing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Probably a Titan powered entity, similar to what we see in Mogushan in the Elegon encounter.

Maybe even another herald like Algalon, probably imprisoned by the Mogu so they could use his power.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I still think that this is just a coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Here's what we know.

Nothing.
    Maybe that's the reason people are speculating?

Quote Originally Posted by Munjica View Post
    If it's Keeper of the Grove that could be very, very interesting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    If it's Keeper of the Grove that could be very, very interesting...
    At a guess, Raiden ... Ra-Den is a Titan construct.

But I have another Speculation.

Look at these pictures again.

http://images.wikia.com/wowwiki/imag...Subspecies.jpg

I'm starting to think it might be a titan, or at least the remnants of one.
    I was looking through wowpedia to get some background info and found this info from the Weathered Journal (Shieldwall quest, which was brought in during 5.1, so it's as recent as possible). It's talking about the Divine Bell:

In the one-hundred-and-seventieth year of the Thunder King's reign, the Korune spellweavers came to Lei Shen with their greatest creation.

A bell cast from the makers' flesh, shaped by stars' fire, and bound by the breath of darkest shadow. This bell, when rung, could shake the world and call to the heavens.

Taken to war, the bell's cacophonous tones stirred the hearts of Lei Shen's warriors. It fueled their hatred and anger, lending them strength on the field of battle. The bell's screaming voice struck fear and doubt into the hearts of the Emperor's enemies, sending them fleeing in his path.

Awed by its power, the Thunder King described the instrument as "the voice of the gods," and named it Shenqing, the Divine Bell.
    The star's fire could relate to titan machines, breath of darkest shadow is almost definately the sha, but what's most interesting to me is that they had access to the makers' flesh. I couldn't find who wrote the journal, so the makers' could really mean the mogu, the titans, or something else entirely, so this could just be a red herring... I haven't seen anything else referred to as the makers though...

So, if the Korune spellweavers had access to the makers' flesh, perhaps they do have an imprisoned titan

Ra-Den is a Titan construct.
    Is it pointed somewhere? I mean about Titan construct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Is it pointed somewhere? I mean about Titan construct.
    Nope, but think of the Dungeon and what Blizzard likes to do, for this raid if you do it on normal or Heroic you get a bonus boss. It's not going to be a lore shattering boss, but it will be cool, and make the better raiders feel special.

So list out the options:

1. Animal boss - boring been done to death
    2. Troll - Plenty of them in this raid, noting special
    3. Mogu - Plenty of them in this raid, nothing special
    4. Titan - lore intensive, the point of LFR is to make the lore points open to all
    5. Titan Construct- Fairly cool, not many fights with one, good justification for exclusive and better gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    A corrupted Naaru would be fun.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 01:19 PM ----------

Parts of that reminded me a bit of Kara. The portion with all the stairs and ramps.
    Corrupted naaru would be interesting, and could help bring us in to a legion-themed expansion if thats where they're going to take us.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has probably been said somewhere in the last six pages; I know I'm not the only smarty around here. But, with a raid dedicated to thunder and a boss named Ra-Den, we can most likely expect him to be an homage to Raiden, the Mortal Kombat lightning warrior. No? Get ready for the crackling jade lightning animation to be used and re-used... and used some more; I would imagine.

my guess... troll xD

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    A corrupted Naaru would be fun.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 01:19 PM ----------

Parts of that reminded me a bit of Kara. The portion with all the stairs and ramps.
    Agreed, but that's probably not what this Ra-den boss is.

Sounds more like something Sargeras would have had a hand in. A little build-up would make a corrupted Naaru boss bad-ass.

Quote Originally Posted by tethrius View Post
    I'm starting to think it might be a titan, or at least the remnants of one.
    I was looking through wowpedia to get some background info and found this info from the Weathered Journal (Shieldwall quest, which was brought in during 5.1, so it's as recent as possible). It's talking about the Divine Bell:

The star's fire could relate to titan machines, breath of darkest shadow is almost definately the sha, but what's most interesting to me is that they had access to the makers' flesh. I couldn't find who wrote the journal, so the makers' could really mean the mogu, the titans, or something else entirely, so this could just be a red herring... I haven't seen anything else referred to as the makers though...

So, if the Korune spellweavers had access to the makers' flesh, perhaps they do have an imprisoned titan
    I'm very much liking this idea. A fallen or wounded titan being bound and harvested would be a wicked twist. I'm also interested in the implications of defeating him, his mere presence may be restraining the seventh major Sha.
    Last edited by Bashkar; 2012-12-25 at 05:05 PM.

What about Ra-Den as seventh sha?