Poll: Would you get castrated if it could increase your life?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm confused by the article, I don't see any info that the castration infers penis removal yet the headline says just that. Castration is the loss of testical function not the entire removal of all sexual organs.

Either way, no, I would not. A few extra years for a life time worth of not having my testosterone levels balanced isn't worth it.

Deleted
    Guys, let's stop there now please. Thanks.

Eh you, mmo-champion... Visiting a gaming site during Christmas and getting asked if I'd like to cut my toolset to live longer...

The answer is obviously NO. There are things nobody should do to themselves. I can't imagine myself dying after dragging my death around 3 years further and realising I survived a few more moments of being weak and old because I chopped off my testicles. A life is determined by how you end it as well. If you desperately cling onto it without apparent reason, then well... you've done something wrong.

The only moment where the answer would be "yes" is when living a few more days would allow me to do something that really matters for mankind. Like, I nearly developed a cure for cancer, but I know I gonna die in 2 days, and I need a week to complete my research. I would die happy knowing I helped thousands of people, and the only cost was a few days without fully functional package. But I can't imagine another reason to do so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    would you go ahead and do it?
    i rather live 1month with my dong than 100years without

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Shit, it'd almost be worth it just to not have to ever worry about doing something dumb due to chicks (or guys in your case) again.

Also, Trassk, why is the night elf the hairiest guy in your sig? I'm pretty sure elves are supposed to waxed like a Brazilian hooker.
    thats.. not a night elf. lol
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Why would anyone live aslong as possible in this world? 60ish years is enough
    And then you're 60! And the world has magically changed into something wonderfull

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the reason is why men live longer without balls is that they have lowered testosterone. Less testosterone means that they will act less dominant and stuff and get in less trouble or feel the need to prove themselves and such and this could influence lifespan on the long run and in general.

Deleted
    I don't use it much but I like my penis where it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    thats.. not a night elf. lol
    Yeah, he does that that little horn thing, doesn't he? The fuck is he, then? The green dude on the left has to be a squidgoat, right? He's got the face-horns thing, the guy on the right is clearly a blood elf and the other two are plain old humans.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Sure why not

I would love to live a few more years without my balls and sex drive

I could spend those extra years doing more important stuff like abusing alcohol and other such shit

some men are born without testicles and they life perfectly normal sex-filled lifes, due to modern medicine and regular testosterone injections... they just dont have to worry about getting teen girls pregnant and stuff..

maybe educate yourself before panicing? in my eyes you people look like medieval-age guys who see electricity for the first time... "oh my god, what magic is this?! heathen, burn them to death!"

Hell to the no.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Getting girls pregnant is the meaning of life from nature POV, no?

Quote Originally Posted by kouby View Post
    Tipical "British science". Full of shit. Move on.
    Says the guy who can't spell 'Typical'

Moving on, why on earth would you rather get castrated than have a vasectomy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's answer this with an excerpt from a Queen Song.......

Just one year of love, is better than a lifetime alone.

That sums it up completely.

Eunuchs... Sure.... Those were as isolated as the Harems women. They weren't subject to the every day dangers the ordinary men had to face.

Nice Bullshit article.. And I believe that's the reason for the article, to showcase in some satiric way.
    Let me look at the timeline. 1392 to 1910.
    1392..... Back then the average lifespan of humans was right around35 yrs. Yeah, that short..... Diseases, wars, what not cut humans lifetime extremely short.
    Logic, that someone locked up somewhere would live longer.. Duh....
    Food for thoughts:
    According to records of the royal family of the Kingdom of England, among the best cared for in society, the average life expectancy in 1276 was 35.28 years.
    Between 1301 and 1325 during the Great Famine it was 29.84,
    while between 1348 and 1375, during the Black Death and subsequent plagues, it went down to only 17.33.

So let's not worry about them balls..... They have very little to do with how long one lives... Unless someone fucks around, dying from STD's or someone has testicle cancer, which on the other hand is an industrial disease.

Plus..... lets not forget. Korea....... That's where they have Unicorns, a leader who's the best golfer in the world and all that jazz...
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2012-12-26 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    some men are born without testicles and they life perfectly normal sex-filled lifes, due to modern medicine and regular testosterone injections... they just dont have to worry about getting teen girls pregnant and stuff..

maybe educate yourself before panicing? in my eyes you people look like medieval-age guys who see electricity for the first time... "oh my god, what magic is this?! heathen, burn them to death!"
    well you're the expert

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Food for thoughts:
    According to records of the royal family of the Kingdom of England, among the best cared for in society, the average life expectancy in 1276 was 35.28 years.
    You need to consider that, in those days, especially in the royal family of England, the most prevalent cause of death was murder. The 'best cared for in society' didn't reach old age mostly because they were offed much, much before that.
    They probably could have reached ages well into their seventies. In fact, even during the middle ages, some people did, especially the among the lower-but-not-lowest of nobility. Wealthy enough to afford good food, not wealthy enough to warrant murder.
    Plus..... lets not forget. Korea....... That's where they have Unicorns, a leader who's the best golfer in the world and all that jazz...
    Well; that'd be North Korea. And I'm betting North Korea doesn't have a royal court... Since... You know; it's a necrocracy; ruled, officially, by the dead granddad of Kim Jung Un.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    You could not pay me enough to take part of this study...
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

The finding suggests that male sex hormones, produced in the testes, may be responsible for shortening the lives of men.
    I'd have to read the actual study to determine whether the above statement is valid or if the study authors even claimed this. The eunuchs in the study were all of the upper class and so probably led easier lives compared to most. Remember the adage: "Correlation is not causation"!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm listening....