Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Every new thing they add to the game is content. Whether you participate or not is another story. The only addition that I don't consider content is heroic mode as that more of just a difficulty setting. Pet battles, dailies, and all the other things that people like to claim aren't content really are. The complainers just don't like to admit that things they personally aren't interested in still exist for people to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    People who knock pet battles are soulless monsters who never played pokemon in their youth.
    You're right. I'm a soulless monster that plays pokemon now in lieu of pet battles because pet battles a crock of unbalanced frothing fanboyism.

On topic though, it seems as if blizzard is simply trying to appeal to the masses of crowds with features or "content" beyond the typical mmo genre. One might objectively criticize them and say they are trying too hard to attract new customers or maintain old customers, however it seems they hit the nail on the head when it comes to keeping people around, new or old.

Despite this, a lot of the features they include in this game I do participate in from time to time, because I figure "why not" when I have nothing else to do waiting between raid days like I have been since burning crusade, except instead of logging off and turning on my gameboy color, I can just play with fake "pokemanz" in a dying game that tries too hard to appeal to all of it's target consumers.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

This thread is.... I don't even have words for how narrow minded it is. You've made up your mind. Why are you asking us? The bias shines through in your post, and your quotes around content.

If it's something you can do to satiate an addiction and it was intended to do so, then it's content. That's really all I have to say about that.

People who knock pet battles are soulless monsters who never played pokemon in their youth.
    With that avatar, this is kind of "projection", really.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Only 50% of the people playing the game have tried Pet Battles so that a lot of soulless monsters playing.

Pet battles, Transmog, Pet farming, Achievement farming, general collecting
    I personally don't consider them game content as i don't partake in any of that but plenty of people do. If people want to do kill Furbolgs for days for some crappy years old achievement then i say knock your self out buddy. People can spent their time doing what every they want with their time in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    wat?! i played pokemans on gameboy and played tcg as well , and thats the reason i didnt even pick up starter quest for pet battles , dont wanna play it again in my mmo..., couldnt care less about it

Deleted
    Transmog is not new content, it just recycles old content.

Pet battles are undeniably new content.

Achievements are not new content-- they change the way you play existing content, rather than add anything new.