Page 94 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    There's another step though. The law watches out for the weak, and in context renters are the weak. The law forbids these kinds of things regardless of whether they actually report feeling coerced because fuck the entire thing it shouldn't be allowed.
    You've never had to deal with leases have you?

Leasers have more power than landlords, in most cases.

In most cases, if you pay your rent and keep the house in upkeep, the landlord has to pay for everything else. Look up the landlord tenant laws, and come make that statement again. The burden of proof is on both parties, which is a wash on the lease, if it cant be proved one way or the other.

It would be hard to prove coercion after multiple cases of sex for reduced rent. How long does it have to go on before someone says, and she keep letting it happen? Where does personal responsibility end and coercion begin? So can this happen for 1 year or 15 years and it's still coercion? When does the personal responsibility start?

Again, she had the choice and she said yes. He's a twat for suggesting it, she's just as responsible though.
    I think thats harsh. It depends entirely on her state of mind, does she feel that she can say no. I know someone that was in a slightly familiar situation, that said No at first, but when the issue was pressed just went along with it because she felt she had no choice, she was staying at his place, in his bed and eating his food, she also thought he was her friend and all those things told her that she had to do it. She got out of there as quickly as possible afterward, but didnt tell anyone about it and suppressedthe memory of it.

The fact of the matter is that things happen and people dont see the choices, if you dont have others there to give you advice or help you when you need it most you dont make the correct decisions and bad things generally happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    But they aren't the same.

Mere possibility =/= reasonable possibility.
    You're just going to ignore the part where I already established that the possibility is reasonable beforehand, and nitpick endlessly, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Well for one, I never slapped a violent rapist label on anybody. Secondly, I don't find it scary at all because there aren't real consequences being discussed. Nobody that you need pay attention to has said anything to indicate they would do the same to a real life person and attempt to have him locked up without getting any more information.
    It is scary, because some of these responders don't even know its a fake post. Its scary because of how broad these people are using the word coerce and rape, how they manipulate words to get their point across.... etc etc

Well for one, I never slapped a violent rapist label on anybody. Secondly, I don't find it scary at all because there aren't real consequences being discussed. Nobody that you need pay attention to has said anything to indicate they would do the same to a real life person and attempt to have him locked up without getting any more information.
    I've heard many reports about men going to prison for many years on the false label of rape because of knee jerk reactions. And in every case where a man was falsely sent to jail for rape, there was no evidence to prove it. The same has been done to men labeled as sexual predators. It's a fine line and one I'm very wary of, because on one hand I have my own children to protect, but on the other hand I find false imprisonment intolerable. So the question boils down to, 'for the sake of my children am I willing to send innocent people to jail on the chance that one of them might have committed a crime?'

What I find scary is all the people here arguing she has "options" means there is no coercion.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    You're just going to ignore the part where I already established that the possibility is reasonable beforehand, and nitpick endlessly, aren't you?
    No. holy crap woman. I quoted you saying "mere possibility" AND I replied to it. Go back to that and start your quote to rebut me.

I've heard many reports about men going to prison for many years on the false label of rape because of knee jerk reactions.
    Except it almost never happens in reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I find scary is all the people here arguing she has "options" means there is no coercion.
    I still don't know why you're here. It's like a trainwreck, you just can't look away?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

No. holy crap woman. I quoted you saying "mere possibility" AND I replied to it. Go back to that and start your quote to rebut me.
    And I already replied to that, you just ignored it. Why would I go back to that again?

<snipped> My point here is that the possibility of a future reprisal is by definition coercion. That is intuitively obvious. The possibility that you might do something is not a crime in and of itself. But the possibility that you might do something bad to me if I refuse to comply with your request, is coercion. And that could very well be a crime.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 10:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I still don't know why you're here. It's like a trainwreck, you just can't look away?
    Kind of. No Modern Family/Big Bang Theory/Elementary/Last Resort on this week, stupid Christmas.
    Last edited by semaphore; 2012-12-28 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    From the Op post you dont i didnt get an impression like, hey you are cute, im horny and good looking, wanna earn/save some money by sleeping with me? And she smiles back, and says why the hell not, i love sex so yeah why not.
    I see a man who said to himself, hmmm i have a young, hot teenage girl living in my basement, her parents are died, died in car accident so she is probably sad and vulnerable also she has a younger brother to take care of and that takes money, since she couldnt go to collage because of that she IS short on money hence ill give her an option she cant refuse. So yes i see a predator and as such if he is real he deserves "some" pain....
    She DOES have other options. She could move, or say no. Nowhere in the original post does it say he would evict her if she said no. This is why this post is scary. You read a small post, twisted and spun to make you feel a certain way, and you read it, and automatically asssume he is a predator/rapist, and not "hey we need more info, maybe she was a prostitute prior to this"

I'm not saying there was no coercion. I'm saying there was no coercion stated. It was never said that the man coerced (though he may have) or that the woman felt coerced (though she may have). If there was any coercion or inferred coercion that the woman should have gone to the police. I've already said that.

All I'm saying is that a man offering favor's for sex or a woman offering sex for favors doesn't automatically = coercion. I also don't believe a landlord has some magical power over you. I've had many landlords over the years and I gave none of them ANY power over me. Period. They got what we agreed to in signature and nothing more. If they demanded anything beyond that, there "landlord powers" would have landed them in trouble with the law. I don't see where this power is that you keep referring to.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I already replied to that, you just ignored it. Why would I go back to that again?

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 10:30 AM ----------

Kind of. No Modern Family/Big Bang Theory/Elementary/Last Resort on this week, stupid Christmas.
    I wish I could watch TV. Hard to do on a third shift schedule, though, and Netflix is always like three seasons behind current.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Except it's not part of any line in my logic.

I can't bothered dealing with you if you're just going to keep regurgitating the exact same strawmans that I've already addressed.

No it isn't. It's based on the fact that he CAN use his position of power to his own advantage.
    Cuts half my post, claims my argument is invalid without posting why, and refused acknowledge own faulting reasoning.

Scumbag Semaphore. Where is your plaid hat?

Can doesn't mean did. I can do a lot of thing, I have the power to do those things. To infer that I will, because I can, is an assumption and a bad one. Have a good night, you obviously need some sleep.

*fixes up basement*

Seriously though, wheres my tools?

...I keed, I keed, this is one screwed up thing, she should have told him she has aids, or stds...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I think thats harsh. It depends entirely on her state of mind, does she feel that she can say no. I know someone that was in a slightly familiar situation, that said No at first, but when the issue was pressed just went along with it because she felt she had no choice, she was staying at his place, in his bed and eating his food, she also thought he was her friend and all those things told her that she had to do it. She got out of there as quickly as possible afterward, but didnt tell anyone about it and suppressedthe memory of it.

The fact of the matter is that things happen and people dont see the choices, if you dont have others there to give you advice or help you when you need it most you dont make the correct decisions and bad things generally happen.
    I agree, however in regards to the topic...
    From what has been presented by the OP, the tenant wasn't forced. We have no idea whether she was asked once or on many occasions, so we don't know if she felt pressured into it.

If it was a simple "If you sleep with me, i'll reduce your rent by 60%" and she said yes, she has to "bare the consequence" of her decision, I can't see how he would be the sole guilty party.
    Last edited by mmoc06ca072631; 2012-12-28 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    It is scary, because some of these responders don't even know its a fake post. Its scary because of how broad these people are using the word coerce and rape, how they manipulate words to get their point across.... etc etc
    What's more scary is your lack of understanding of what is actually happening and your need to be fearful of the situation.

94 pages over a lie....how can you guys even believe the OP?
    he already posted a heart broken drama story about him bursting into his big brother room after watching him having sex,

if you ask me, this guy (OP) is probably a psychology student who likes to thow us a hard core drama story and examin our responses.

how can you realy believe that in the USA or canada the state or court of low or even any kind of local child social service would ever allow an 18 years old who is still in school to raise his little brother alone after both parents are dead ?! if the sister say so then that ok? have a nice life?

they both would have been put is a foster parents home just as a starter...

isnt it too convenient that the OP has such a big heart and doesnt know what to do about his big bro who is a rich ugly fat looking guy with a tendency of being a sex predator and the victim is a nice looking innocent 18 years old sister raising her little bto after both parent are dead?

its classic...
    dont waste your health over this...

What's more scary is your lack of understanding of what is actually happening and your need to be fearful of the situation.
    No, I don;t think you understand. And way to be a scumbag, no real arguments. You have really only quoted me, called me dumb/wrong, and said nothing else at all remotely constructive.

/hatinhand.

You got me. I missed this.

"The mere possibility that he would do this is constitutes coercion." (sic)
    "the mere possibility that a man could do something constitutes a crime"

Totally the same huh? No. My point here is that the possibility of a future reprisal is by definition coercion. That is intuitively obvious. The possibility that you might do something is not a crime in and of itself. But the possibility that you might do something bad to me if I refuse to comply with your request, is coercion. And that could very well be a crime.
    yes, those two statements are the same.

what he would do = something
    coercion = crime.

I paraphrased you to show you the ridiculousness of your statement.

reasonable possibility = coercion
    mere possibility =/= coercion

The possibility of someone doing something bad to you because you are afraid of them should never equal a guilty sentence. Ever. This is why there are laws to protect the accused. Specifically because there are people who feel they know what they person might do and are ready to prosecute them on that.