How much dps do i need (per level/class)?

I was wondering if there is any scheme or list or something somewhere on the web which tells me how much damage i have to do with my class on a specific level. I want this so i can focus on the right rotation and such in dungeongroups. I noticed that i am not topping the recount list very often. So i wanna know if i am doing something wrong or other are just simply better then me.
    Also i want to some backbone when they start yelling to me that i do too little dps in a dungeon. If i know which amount of dps i have to do on a certain level, then i know if i am wrong or they are just bully's.

Does anyone know such scheme or list?

Some classes are stronger than others while leveling, you shouldnt worry bout it much.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Till 60/70+ , is difficult to stay in front of a good tank.

Rogue combat with blade flurry ( till the nerf ) is a very competitive one.

Lock demon too is not bad at all with hand+aoe drain life or hellfire.

If you want to sweat a bit also hunter surv is fine with serpent multidotting ( you dont spread it in low lvls but if you are good in multidotting it does quite the dps ).

Shaman ele have the easiest but they will never excel. Cl spam is good.

55+ dks have it easy with hb + bb.

10+ Year Old Account
    A good way to measure DPS in lower level dungeons:

1)Did the boss die?
    2) Did everyone stay alive without undue stress?

If the answer to both of those questions is "yes," then you're doing fine amounts of DPS.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Currently i'm leveling a mage. I didn't top the recount list yesterday, when i was checking recount. I was 1 place above the healer actually. In my opinion a dungeon group is right when we stay alive at all fights, but there are always assholes who think differently. I don't want such troubles on my mage. I got already too much yells on my hunter and i am sick of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    My general aim is for leveling 30-40 I want 300-400 dps. 50-60 I want 500-1k. 60-70 I want 1k-2k, 70-80 3k-10k, 80-85 10k-35k, 85-90 35k-40k (due to gear scaling).

Just my general aims. Tanks are normally hard to beat, but if you have good AoE you can top them. This is over the course of an entire instance, not just a boss or trash.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly don't even worry about your dps till 80+. Classes have 0 balance at lower levels so some classes are amazing and some are really bad at low levels.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Honestly don't even worry about your dps till 80+. Classes have 0 balance at lower levels so some classes are amazing and some are really bad at low levels.
    There are no classes really bad even at low lvls.

Used well every class can perform decently. Some better than others for sure but i wouldnt say really bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    There are no classes really bad even at low lvls.

Used well every class can perform decently. Some better than others for sure but i wouldnt say really bad.
    It's not how you play them. It's more the level you get aoe abilities on some classes. Eg warlock gets aoe at level 15, Mage don't get there one till 54? (That may have changed in mop)
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Currently i'm leveling a mage. I didn't top the recount list yesterday, when i was checking recount. I was 1 place above the healer actually. In my opinion a dungeon group is right when we stay alive at all fights, but there are always assholes who think differently. I don't want such troubles on my mage. I got already too much yells on my hunter and i am sick of it.
    Those assholes will always exist... best to just tell em to stop quibbling about non-issues, as it's something they apparently have yet to learn.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Do you have heirlooms? That will also make a huge difference in dps at lower levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    It's not how you play them. It's more the level you get aoe abilities on some classes. Eg warlock gets aoe at level 15, Mage don't get there one till 54? (That may have changed in mop)
    Arcane mages got it since 15.

And yes its how you play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyman64 View Post
    Do you have heirlooms? That will also make a huge difference in dps at lower levels.
    Got 1 heirloom. I never got justice points on my main to get more. Just because all those assholes ruines my dungeon experiences all the time.

Deleted
    Unless you end up dying from an oom healer often,which is probably not the case your dps is fine and anyone complaining is a complete intolerant douchebag.
    If they tell you you're not doing enough dps,tell them you're trying your best and you'll report them to a gamemaster if they continue to harass you.
    When people act like asses towards you in this game the only thing they deserve is the same attitude back,no idea if a gamemaster would take such a complaint but it's a bluff that will scare their mouths shut.

Deleted
    Actually telling them that you'd report them would be like putting oil on fire.

Not like they would even get banned just because they said he does little dps.

But in anycase yeah you shouldnt worry too much about dps in lower lvl dgs, tank will be 95% the first if he is good. Around 70+ you may start taking your dps revenges as frost but till then stay arcane ( go frost only with frozen orb, that will change your life ).

Heirlooms really are the biggest factor in low level DPS. If you get decked out in them (or honor gear whatever), facerolling any random rotation will easily give you more than enough dps.

At lower levels it is seems a better idea to focus on familiarizing with the spec as a whole rather than worry about DPS. Ofc there are always ADHD dicks that whine regardless, but this is the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Go arcane when running dungeons, you will top that recount a lot on boss fights I can assure it (if that's what's important to you).
    As many others have said, while some classes are weak in leveling dungeons, others are more powerful because the game is not balanced around leveling up.

Unfortunately all I can say about improving your dungeon experience if people are giving you grief is to simply ignore it. If anyone says a bad thing to you which is unjustified just /ignore them, that way yuou will not get them again in another random dungeon

I personally normally dont have any problems when leveling a dps (tank and healer is a different matter), but if I do get grief from anyone I simply just ignore them.
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

In lowbie dungeons it's all about burst, and all that matters is the tank knows what he's doing, as most tanks can practically solo dungeons of their own level if fully BoA'd. Don't worry about DPS until really you're 90, that's when it matters.