Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Resto Mastery - need for a change?

I have a problem with the shaman mastery. Yes its good to a certain extent, but its only active some of the time.
    Where as every other healer has an always active mastery.
    I believe this makes us less useful as other healers become better geared

does anyone else feel like this?
    and if they were to change our mastery, what should they change it to?

Idea: mini rain. You have a 20% chance to create a mini rain over a player you heal which heals them for 10k every 2 secs for 10 secs. (this moves with the target)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    That I am aware of, ours is the one of the best, and most consistently useful, masteries out there. I don't know that any change would make it better, or more interesting. Attaching a HoT component to it would just make it the Holy Priest mastery, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsminion View Post
    I have a problem with the shaman mastery. Yes its good to a certain extent, but its only active some of the time.
    ? "Only active some of the time." It is active, to some degree, ALL the time your target could actually recieve effective healing. Resto shaman mastery is just as effective as every other master, point for point, when your target is ~50% health. At less than 50% health, when they need healing the most, the resto shaman mastery is MORE effective, point for point, then every other mastery.

The only issue with the resto shaman mastery, if you could even call it one, is that the resto shaman mastery is the worst of the masteries when you are overhealing content (too many healers) and doesn't contribute to sniping your way to the top of the meters as much other masteries. But blizz does not balance around trivialized content healing.
    Last edited by openair; 2012-12-27 at 01:39 PM.

Deleted
    It's active as soon as people at not at 100% health. So if your mastery isn't active you are doing something wrong

I believe this makes us less useful as other healers become better geared

does anyone else feel like this?
    and if they were to change our mastery, what should they change it to?

Idea: mini rain. You have a 20% chance to create a mini rain over a player you heal which heals them for 10k every 2 secs for 10 secs. (this moves with the target)
    I agree with this. Ive always wanted a slightly different mastery. Whilst ours is great for healing new content, its absolutely awful for healing farm content. Your idea could make it useful to get a bit of mastery during farm content and get our haste more valuable if it gives another tick of this new hot.
    Another idea: Maybe you have a x% chance to give a charge of earthshield which lasts y seconds to a target of your single target heals, stacks up to 3 times on the same target.
    Or maybe: You have an x% chance to put a mini shield on a low hp target absorbing y damage when you crit with one of your heals.
    Which could work similar to ancestral awakening except giving them an absorb too which could make crit and mastery more important

Deleted
    But only a % of ur mastery is active when they hit 80% or lower which gets bigger the lower they get as far as I was aware, or did they change it to 100% in mop?

I get 500k heals on low % tanks at times which is great and all, but I just think something more consistent will make us more than What we are
    currently on raidbot druids and shaman are around the same at 80% healing compared to the priests 97 and pallies 94%, which isn't great.

I don't think another absorb will be good for the game, but usually my top heal is riptide and another hot would help us compete with the priests and pallies more.

I liked the idea of the earthshield mastery, put a stack on someone, which would still increase our heals on them by 20%

Deleted
    The WoW-Insider Resto Shaman Columnist pretty much hit this nail on the head, he remarked that your Mastery was really good on progression, as tanks & such dipping low as your team learnt the fight etc. made it invaluable, but as progress was made & stuff gets put on 'farm' it becomes less useful.

I feel the biggest problem with Shaman Healers' Mastery, is that its not visible enough if you get my meaning. There's no way of telling if it kicks in, or how much extra it heals at certain health levels.

Deleted
    Shameless copy and paste from another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamerfal View Post
    I'd like to see our mastery changed to something similar to druids.

'Casting a direct heal buffs the shaman with the 'Deeper Healing' buff, increasing all periodic healing effects by 20% for 15 seconds'

Would mean we'd have something to track, easily refreshed by casting a simple healing wave every 15 seconds, and its an increase to all periodic healing (HST, riptide, ELW, rain). Therefore the choice between stacking haste vs mastery means we either go for more ticks on certain spells, or have them heal for more. Also doesn't rely on the raid being low.
    Would like to know what people's thoughts are on this tbh, would be a nice change to give us a viable mastery.

15+ Year Old Account
    Our mastery is one of the strongest (if not the strongest) whilst progression. Yes, its value decreased with encounters getting more and more farmable, but who cares?
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamerfal View Post
    Shameless copy and paste from another thread.

Would like to know what people's thoughts are on this tbh, would be a nice change to give us a viable mastery.

Didn't copy another thread, just thought about expreesing what I believe to be true. Been moaning about it since Cata to my guildees and thought is post about it.
    just because someone has the same opinion doesn't mean they are copying

Resto druid stopping in to say it's not just you.
    Last edited by VoljinforWarchief; 2012-12-27 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madhoof View Post
    Our mastery is one of the strongest (if not the strongest) whilst progression. Yes, its value decreased with encounters getting more and more farmable, but who cares?
    I was about to say exactly this. Who cares about numbers when you're just phoning it in (farming raids)? I'd have a major problem with our mastery if it worked the opposite way round (crap for prog fights but great for farm raids). Wouldn't you?

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 02:51 PM ----------

Didn't copy another thread, just thought about expreesing what I believe to be true. Been moaning about it since Cata to my guildees and thought is post about it.
    just because someone has the same opinion doesn't mean they are copying
    He wasn't saying your post was shameless copy, he was referring to his own quote.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    I was about to say exactly this. Who cares about numbers when you're just phoning it in (farming raids)? I'd have a major problem with our mastery if it worked the opposite way round (crap for prog fights but great for farm raids). Wouldn't you?
    Excactly

Quote Originally Posted by delaxes View Post
    I agree with this. Ive always wanted a slightly different mastery. Whilst ours is great for healing new content, its absolutely awful for healing farm content.
    New (progression) content healing is what matters most and your mastery is one of the best for that.

If you are bored when healing farm content, you can drop a healer or two (or more if in 25s) and see your mastery become useful again. Or swap to a dps spec yourself. Seriously, its farm content, quit your whining - you have a fantastic mastery when it really matters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VoljinforWarchief View Post
    Resto druids have to direct heal to have their mastery active. Before making silly statements at least look over the other healers. Maybe this is why I see so many people lately not knowing how to heal with other classes.
    Don't nit pick, u know what I mean. Always active means if they are a good healer they'd have 100% uptime of it. I know how to heal, and I'm a good healer, know my class well, and know how to heal with other classes.
    Last edited by mmoca8f8a4e9af; 2012-12-27 at 03:10 PM.

But only a % of ur mastery is active when they hit 80% or lower which gets bigger the lower they get as far as I was aware, or did they change it to 100% in mop?
    Its been active since anything lower than full health since day 1 that mastery was introduced. As soon as a target is missing ANY health, you are getting a percentage of your mastery bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by VoljinforWarchief View Post
    Resto druid stopping in to say it's not just you.
    A resto druids mastery is only not up when they choose to be too lazy to cast a direct heal once every 20 seconds. A resto shaman only control over how much use they'll get out of their mastery is to choose how many healers to bring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post

He wasn't saying your post was shameless copy, he was referring to his own quote.
    ok then, my bad. Sorry
    getting cynical in my old age

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 03:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Its been active since anything lower than full health since day 1 that mastery was introduced. As soon as a target is missing ANY health, you are getting a percentage of your mastery bonus.
    Ok my bad then.
    but still, i'd still prefer something different and consistent as I've previously mentioned.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok my bad then.
    but still, i'd still prefer something different and consistent as I've previously mentioned.
    I'm still missing an explanation why? Why do you want to trade (one of) the best mastery for progression against something else? Only because it isn't measurable?

Quote Originally Posted by Madhoof View Post
    I'm still missing an explanation why? Why do you want to trade (one of) the best mastery for progression against something else? Only because it isn't measurable?
    Because he wants to own the healing meters to show how imba he is.

There is no other reason to change a good mastery for progression.
    Last edited by Genju; 2012-12-28 at 09:12 AM.