NEW PC Problem; Mouse and Keyboard don't work after being idle

Okay, so my new PC arrived today. Set it up, made my account etc.. The PC was made by Overclockers UK who I hear are really good, anyway, the first problem was that the computer went into sleep mode which was ok as I could wake it up, did that the first time but the second time my mouse and keyboard refused to work, I couldn't move the cursor or type anything despite all lights being on, I had to reboot the machine to get them both to work again (via holding the start button in) and this fixed the problem.

I disabled the sleep mode, so the monitor wouldn't turn off and the computer wouldn't go into sleep mode, that's fine, so I left my PC and came back to find the same issue with the mouse and keyboard happened again... all lights were on but nothing worked but I could see everything in the background working fine... again a reboot fixed this!

I even went into device manager and on the keyboard/mouse I tried to uncheck the "allow the computer to turn these off to save power" but they were already unchecked. This is highly depressing I don't want to leave my PC for 30 minutes to find it all frozen!

Keyboard: Logitech G15
    Mouse: Logitech MX518

All updated and drivers installed. I also use the back USB ports.

System Specification
    - Case: Corsair Carbide 300R Case
    - Power Supply: Corsair TX 650w PSU
    - CPU: AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4170 4.20GHz Processor
    - Motherboard: AMD 760G Chipset (AM3+) Motherboard
    - RAM: Patriot Viper 3 "Red Venom" 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
    - Hard Drives: 2TB HDD
    - Graphics Card: 2GB 7850 ATI HD RADEON.
    - Optical Drive: OcUK 24x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black)

-------

Okay guys! Just an update, I put the keyboard into the front USB slot and it works perfectly, time and other features display on the keyboards screen so I assume the back slot isn't the best one? I dont know, theres only one free on the front my keyboard was bought like 4 years ago... when I removed it from the back my friend said it sounded like a BIO error? I don't know.
    Last edited by chuckadrew; 2012-12-29 at 12:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to tell, but you didn't list what actual motherboard you have. 760G is the chipset, not the board model.

That said, it's possible that the USB port you had it plugged into was a USB 3.0 port, and not USB 2.0. I have heard of some people having issues with USB 3.0 ports and input devices. See if there is a black port (2.0) that works, rather than a blue port (3.0)

See if the some of the rear USB ports are controlled by a third party chipset, and try to not use them for input devices. Sometimes the third party stuff doesn't work as well as it should.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some sort of sleepmode/powersave perhaps? Check windows USB power settings, under advanced energy settings.
    Also set the energymode to high performance, if it isn't already.