Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This thread is proof positive that Blizzard should NEVER listen to the people who call for the return of the "good ol' days." These people are not just disconnected from the economic reality that it would completely destroy the profitability of the game, but disconnected from WoW's current playerbase.

Why they don't just quit and insist on haunting these forums and WoW's forums and Trade chat and anywhere else they can have an audience? Because WoW is popular, and there's little purpose in being a special little snowflake when you've got no one to show off to. If Blizzard caved in tomorrow and gave these players everything they wanted, they would unsubscribe just like the rest of us. Because they don't play this game for fun. They play it to stroke their little e-peens and make the rest of us miserable.

I'm not saying everyone likes WoW the way it is. I know plenty of people who don't. You know what they did? They quit. Hell, some of them are surprised when they see a WoW commercial that the game still exists. That's what normal people do. This "change everything about the game because it doesn't work" nonsense isn't productive nor is it true. It's the squeakiest gear crying out for oil and only distracts from real issues.
    Last edited by Nekosom; 2012-12-29 at 07:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    No, I asked you better for whom. That is the question.
    but your question have nothing in common with what I said. You could also ask me why cows say moooo, I can't answer you that.
    Last edited by mmoca01e16f76d; 2012-12-29 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    it doesn't matter. if there was 5 million plaers left, but they would all really like the game, it would be better.
    Not from an economic PoV, which ultimately is the one that matters for Blizz. Whether they like that or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Ask Mages if we like our class. 99 out of 100 will say they're bored/disliking it.
    Guess I'm that 1/100 then.

My main has been a mage for two years now, first class I ever played and I didn't even have to try out the other spellcasters to know that I was going to love being a mage. I still do. Granted, I have only played since the day cata was released so I can't really give a fair comparison to the older mages but I do consider it to be a fun class to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    but your question have nothing in common with what I said. You could also ask me why cows say moooo, I can't answer you that.
    You said it would be better, I ask you for whom. If you don't know, then don't say it would be better.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 07:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Not from an economic PoV, which ultimately is the one that matters for Blizz. Whether they like that or not.
    Precisely.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I bet you wouldn't

[IMG]http://www.wowpedia.org/images/2/20/WoWRaids.png[IMG]
    And people complained about having to do Golden Lotus before they could do anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    You want all this yet when you are given an option to do daily quests to get gear to help you raid you cry and whine incessantly about being forced to do dull and mundane things. Dungeon/raid attunements are the epitome of dull, mundane, boring, uninteresting, time wasting filler material crap which actually was required to do anything. And hardmodes are great, most of the time they can actually present a challenge, unlike BC raids, which were not, by a majority, challenging fights, just time consuming and ridiculously long pre-requisites to even *see* those fights which was why they weren't seen by most people, so don't ever confuse the two.

Yes, crafted gear should be ideal and superior to drops, imo, I agree. Not simply to bolster your ego, but rather generate a market where people are willing to spend a lot of gold on good gear they can use for a while, not gear with bad secondary stats for most classes/specs which drops them down to on-par with heroic dungeon gear and isn't worth the cost since the first LFR item will replace it. It will bring prices up for crafted goods and make them a profession again, not just a path taken to get sockets/embroideries/fur linings etc.
    I am fully exalted on 3 toons I don't know what gave you that idea.

Burning Crusade had several bosses that where fairly difficult. You could walk into Mag's lair just by turning 70.

My ego? WTF are you talking about? When did I bring up anything about my ego?

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    People are just now realizing why the game is failing? It started with PvP... bad players complained about the rating system because they were tired of being bad and having to face the conclusion that you cannot have a negative win/loss and get all the amazing gear that good PvPers got. Instead of learning their class better like the rest of us who worked hard at it... they constantly bitch to blizzard about how they need to remove rating requirement on PvP gear... For some stupid ass reason, blizzard decides to go ahead on it and allow everyone to have the same gear (aside from 1 weapon at 2.2k). You want to know the what happened after this? Those crap players didn't get any better... I was still strutting around BG's killing all the wannabe PvPers, but instead of walking away with around 80% health, I had 40%... When will bad players realized that gear doesn't mean anything if you don't have the skill to go along with it. Sure some people got carried, but those types are even more fun to watch because they're geared, but still lose because they lack the skill... Which is the leading reason for why I quit... bad players ruining the game... whether it be due to them not having enough time to play, or them just being lazy and not wanting to read upon how to properly play the game.
    So you quit because people are bad in random BGs? If you're really good at pvp you'd be doing arena in the upper 2000s fighting people of equivalent gear and skill. Unless you're a multi season glad/rank 1, your comment doesn't really make any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomthulsa View Post
    Fuck that shit. The day Blizzard goes back to that model (which I doubt they will) is the day I quit my sub. Go play EVE if you want to be a special snowflake.
    LEAVE THEN HAHA NO ONE WILL MISS YOU!

sorry but really tired of hearing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's quite a simple explanation for threads like these:

The fact of the matter is that the game -has- improved vastly since Vanilla; it still has many issues, but it has. I partly blame the people who bitch about missing Vanilla for the current problems; they seem to have convinced the developers that players are stupid, do not know what they want, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    Totally agree brother. They need to stop handing out epics that took you 5 mins of AFKing in LFR to get. I want:

LFR removed.

LFG removed.

Dungeon/raid attunments back.

Crafting gear from raids costing more and increasing their usefulness.

No more heroic modes! Every boss is hard as it is presented with.

More single boss raids.

Taking away LFR and LFG will really bring the community back I think. Shit I know it will when things become hard again they become cool again. It took you 2 weeks to get that epic? Nice! it now means something.
    I fail to see how you have an issue with these as they don't grant you BiS items.

That quote doesn't make sense.

Did devs take into consideration how cost prohibitive upgrading is? its next to impossible to fully upgrade your BiS slots

First, it's not next to impossible, it is impossible by definition.
    Second, it should be "upgrade your BiS". This way it reads: upgrade your best in slot slots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    Totally agree brother. They need to stop handing out epics that took you 5 mins of AFKing in LFR to get. I want:

LFR removed.

LFG removed.

Dungeon/raid attunments back.

Crafting gear from raids costing more and increasing their usefulness.

No more heroic modes! Every boss is hard as it is presented with.

More single boss raids.

Taking away LFR and LFG will really bring the community back I think. Shit I know it will when things become hard again they become cool again. It took you 2 weeks to get that epic? Nice! it now means something.
    Or break it up given that these tools are part of the reason people stay in the game.

People play games in order to, you know, have fun. Not as a second job.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    And people complained about having to do Golden Lotus before they could do anything else.
    Not that I dislike the current progression system, but it's quite a big difference between doing a few quests involving a few dungeons and doing the same daily quests for several weeks.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Vanilla was the greatest... if you missed this era then you truely missed out on something unique.

Blizzard at their best, before they caved in for $$$, they created a game for people as passionate about gaming as they were, thats why Casual Jack still had his Dungeon set 1 on and some random ZG/AQ20 items if he was luckly whereas the devoted Raiders were in T2 and beyond.

If you experienced Vanilla then in my eyes you are a Special Snowflake and so many people are jelly of you, come at us WrathJellyBabies... we got to experience Vanilla and you can only dream about what it was like.

As much as I liked Vanilla and TBC and WoTLK before LFG; the baby boomers from Cataclysm will soon rule WoW just like WoTLK boomers are now. Nostalgia has absolutely nothing to do with how people remember the game. That's why not everyone liked Vanilla or TBC. People liked it for their own reasons; people shouldn't get mad over peoples opinions. As I've said before, nostalgia glasses don't exist it's a phrase pursued by Blizzard to release worse content and still make money while their die hard fans bend over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    Blizzard at their best, before they caved in for $$$, they created a game for people as passionate about gaming as they were, thats why Casual Jack still had his Dungeon set 1 on and some random ZG/AQ20 items if he was luckly whereas the devoted Raiders were in T2 and beyond.
    Blizzard created an MMO which was more casual than anything on the market at that time and was flamed for it from the start. Do not twist the facts.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Not that I dislike the current progression system, but it's quite a big difference between doing a few quests involving a few dungeons and doing the same daily quests for several weeks.
    Getting to Revered with the TBC factions on smaller servers with no LFD to help?

Deleted
    Vanilla was the greatest... if you missed this era then you truely missed out on something unique.
    Keyword, "was".

The thing is the world or its denizens are not set in stone. Times do change.

10+ Year Old Account

If you experienced Vanilla then in my eyes you are a Special Snowflake and so many people are jelly of you, come at us WrathJellyBabies... we got to experience Vanilla and you can only dream about what it was like.
    Oh yeah, vanilla was great. You missed out on:

- Half of the specs in the game being utterly useless
    - The utter chaos of 40 man raids
    - Taking a month to farm a thousand gold
    - Jumping around an entire continent to complete a quest chain for one zone
    - Extremely badly itemized gear
    - Complete lack of PvP balance

Among other things.