Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    just watched episodes 78 or 79 to 92 in a row.. i had some catching up to do since the last time i saw an ep but being almost done with the edolas arc i think it had some good moments but was mostly "meh"
    Yeah I didn't like the edolas arc all that much either.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    godamnit seems i have to wait to atleast may 20th for the 109-120 funimation dub
    Last edited by Achaman; 2014-04-28 at 02:47 AM.

godamnit i got to episode 108 and now its either sub or a really horrible dub

seems i have to wait to atleast may 20th for 109-120
    I can't do dubs for some reason. Just sounds weirder, I guess that's because when I got into anime the first series I watched were subs. I can only do dubs for DBZ and Pokemon, but that's only cause I grew up watching those in english on TV.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Quick question I just hit the start of the Grand Magic arc and honestly I don't want to do this week by week thing and would prefer to watch it through without breaks if possible. So a quick question, how long is left in this arc. It seems to be just over half way through by looking at the manga chapter names, should I expect to wait another 20 weeks or longer?

- - - Updated - - -

godamnit seems i have to wait to atleast may 20th for the 109-120 funimation dub
    Bit of advice, the arc after episode 120 is not very good at all until the end and you'll be waiting till december to get to the really good arc. I would suggest just waiting two years until all of that is dubbed because the filler is really slow and damn near skippable. But that been said, you could always do what I did this weekend and sign up for funimation free trail as that has the English dub episodes up now. If you are outside the US like I am you'll need to use an addon like Hola or a proxy server (which breaks the funimation site to all hell and makes it hard to get to the episodes but nothing 10 minutes of clicking wont fix)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Quick question I just hit the start of the Grand Magic arc and honestly I don't want to do this week by week thing and would prefer to watch it through without breaks if possible. So a quick question, how long is left in this arc. It seems to be just over half way through by looking at the manga chapter names, should I expect to wait another 20 weeks or longer?

- - - Updated - - -

Bit of advice, the arc after episode 120 is not very good at all until the end and you'll be waiting till december to get to the really good arc. I would suggest just waiting two years until all of that is dubbed because the filler is really slow and damn near skippable. But that been said, you could always do what I did this weekend and sign up for funimation free trail as that has the English dub episodes up now. If you are outside the US like I am you'll need to use an addon like Hola or a proxy server (which breaks the funimation site to all hell and makes it hard to get to the episodes but nothing 10 minutes of clicking wont fix)
    The Grand Magic Games concludes with Episode 175 where Natsa and Gajeel fight Sting and Ryus(Rogue), Jellal confronts the hooded figure, and we finally see Levy as we heard throughout the tournament as well as the aftermath of Project Eclipse. You can use Crunchyroll to view as well as they now have permission to carry all but episodes 13-48 as well as series 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Fooliecoolie View Post
    The Grand Magic Games concludes with Episode 175 where Natsa and Gajeel fight Sting and Ryus(Rogue), Jellal confronts the hooded figure, and we finally see Levy as we heard throughout the tournament as well as the aftermath of Project Eclipse. You can use Crunchyroll to view as well as they now have permission to carry all but episodes 13-48 as well as series 2.
    It's still going though. Currently it's the last day of the games with the big free-for-all battle between all the guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I thought this was an inspirational anime for 12 year olds, it started out strong with Natsu but just went so far down hill idk. I can't stand these friendship is magic stories after reading/watching more serious and/or realistic stuff.

I am honestly surprised this show is so popular. It's #990347304723094724 anime of the same shit
    Well, I hate to break it to ya, but Fairy Tail is a story of "friendship is magic". In the very first volume of the manga, Hiro Mashima says this, and I quote - "This is a classic story of the friendship between humans and cats."

Quote Originally Posted by Usako View Post
    Well, I hate to break it to ya, but Fairy Tail is a story of "friendship is magic". In the very first volume of the manga, Hiro Mashima says this, and I quote - "This is a classic story of the friendship between humans and cats."
    Still a great anime though.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Still a great anime though.
    No doubt about it. I love it <3 I'm such a fan girl of the show, and of Natsu! *dreamy sigh*

10+ Year Old Account
    well season five has been extremely dull so far.. each episode just seems slow and/or uninteresting
    "it's being bound to work or study that allows us to live like people." Illya

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda wanted to revive this thread a little bit. I'm at episode 152 currently but the story is pretty damn boring. I liked the edolas arc much more.

Basically after the Tenrou Island arc Zeref leaves the island with Grimoire Heart because some gigantic dragon has reawakened called Acnologia which ultimately destroys the island but because of the magic of the first guild master of Fairy Tail, the isle was preserved. >7< years later the magic wears off with the fairy tail members being basically unharmed. After that there's a reincarnation of oracion seis which has been really boring so far >_>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Kinda wanted to revive this thread a little bit. I'm at episode 152 currently but the story is pretty damn boring. I liked the edolas arc much more.

Basically after the Tenrou Island arc Zeref leaves the island with Grimoire Heart because some gigantic dragon has reawakened called Acnologia which ultimately destroys the island but because of the magic of the first guild master of Fairy Tail, the isle was preserved. >7< years later the magic wears off with the fairy tail members being basically unharmed. After that there's a reincarnation of oracion seis which has been really boring so far >_>
    Most of the episodes between the "The 7 Year Gap" and "Sabretooth" is filler so it is very hit or miss. It will pick up when the Grand Magic Games actually commence.

10+ Year Old Account
    ive been stuck at episode 181 for ages now as i just cant get excited about next episode or the eventual eclipse arc
    "it's being bound to work or study that allows us to live like people." Illya

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post

From what I recall Zeref didn't actually leave with Grimore Heart, he killed all the members that were onboard the ship and then dissapeared.

- - - Updated - - -

ive been stuck at episode 181 for ages now as i just cant get excited about next episode or the eventual eclipse arc
    I kinda agree, the episodes from 176 and up have been kind of boring besides the ocassional awesome battle here and there. Still waiting til those damn lazy dragons return.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fooliecoolie View Post
    Most of the episodes between the "The 7 Year Gap" and "Sabretooth" is filler so it is very hit or miss. It will pick up when the Grand Magic Games actually commence.
    Yeah, I saw images of the Grand Magic Games and it was definitely something I'm looking forward to see. It's just that many filler episodes still have a small bit of story in them which I don't want to miss T_T

10+ Year Old Account
    So far been very disappointed with the Magic games in the anime. Was much better in the manga. So much less filler and expanded BS or standing around with nothing happening. I swear they really drag these episodes out. I mean the Natsu vs twin dragons was done well in the anime, I am hoping the next battles will be also but man they bloat the shit out of these episodes.

Yep, its been a little bit weak last episodes. Plot makes no or little sence with the hole 2 split, one side battling random executioners, the other just kinda inn the background.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I love the anime until i met the guy in an anime convention in Tokyo ... It is sad, but talking with him made me hate the anime ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone actually feel that this anime has a 'good' story..?

I find it really hard to keep watching this anime (just finished 66) without cringing all the time.. Seriously, this anime is so badly written and every bad guy will go down by nakama power and even become a nakama too. Jeesh, so lame. Also the absence of any character development is terrible. But meh, will continue to watch though as the fan service is worthwhile xd But other than that, I don't see what people even like in this anime. Enlighten me?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Does anyone actually feel that this anime has a 'good' story..?

I find it really hard to keep watching this anime (just finished 66) without cringing all the time.. Seriously, this anime is so badly written and every bad guy will go down by nakama power and even become a nakama too. Jeesh, so lame. Also the absence of any character development is terrible. But meh, will continue to watch though as the fan service is worthwhile xd But other than that, I don't see what people even like in this anime. Enlighten me?
    I started few days ago, i am at 92....
    i know what you mean it feels very repetitive