Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    No, PVP is wasted development time.
    This guy knows best!!
    IM TEH RET! er... teh holy... or it was teh prot?!
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Every time Blizzard does a pack of new dungeons, all players quickly get funneled into those for the rest of the expansion (ICC 5mans, Hour of Twilight)
    And naturally they drop better gear, making old dungeons obsolete.

I'd rather do the same initial dungeons throughout an expansion, preserving the gear progression path, than to see them become meaningless and farm 3 for the rest of the expansion
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were to replace group quests so I could never understand why they are only level 90.
    Aye mate

I don't do them or enjoy them personally but if others do then it's not wasted time.

Yes. As long as you get nothing more than you do from them, they will continue to be pointless and perhaps just be visited once by most people to see them, never to be visited again, because you get 450 gear from them, the same you get from the 87 NORMAL dungeons. Useless shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Yes. As long as you get nothing more than you do from them, they will continue to be pointless and perhaps just be visited once by most people to see them, never to be visited again, because you get 450 gear from them, the same you get from the 87 NORMAL dungeons. Useless shit.
    You get 463 / 476 loot.
    Don't know what you're talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

I do kinda feel like they are wasted development time. Don't really enjoy them that much and would rather run dungeons over those. Perhaps they have their place as sort of a lore kind of thing and to see events in game that quests can't do justice to but not big enough to do a dungeon for.

Deleted
    Plenty of people are doing scenarios. Blizzard collects a lot of data on what people are doing in the game. Do you really think they'd be doing so many new scenarios if no one was doing them? I prefer dungeons myself, but them not being designed for me doesn't make them wasted development time.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    You get 463 / 476 loot.
    Don't know what you're talking about
    Which ones give 463 loot? I've only seen 450 with a chance at 476 loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    Which ones give 463 loot? I've only seen 450 with a chance at 476 loot.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=89613

Look at what they contain
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    *shrugs* I love scenarios. They're quick and easy, usually have a fun or interesting story, and give an acceptable reward for the work put in. They expand the lore when used in events and aren't a struggle to get through.

It's just more optional content for everyone to enjoy. It's not a waste at all to me.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    Currently a lot of people complaining about no new dungeons in 5.2 patch, which I can agree with. There are however new scenarios coming in with every patch it seems like and my question to the devs is why?

Scenarios seemed liked a really cool concept when it was announced back at Blizzcon 2011, thinking that it was going to be some sort of solo dungeons but ended up just being content that no one really cares about.
    Speak for yourself, I find scenarios enjoyable, in fact I'd rather cap valors through scenarios than heroic dungeons on account of failures in scenarios can rarely get you killed by being bad. They are also much faster, with few exceptions.

It is currently just turned into a way for underlying Lore to be explained throughout patches which is fine but, most people really don't care about that kind of stuff especially when it yields very under powered rewards. Yeah you guys tried to offer better rewards in 5.1, but again everything that is reward from scenarios is just junk to most of the play base especially with REP and LFR gear.
    Again, speak for yourself. Lore and the story is the reward itself for people who enjoy the story in this game, not epix. What makes no sense is putting huge chunks of the story inside raid instances which raiders have made clear, many times, that they couldn't give shit less about. Scenarios are for quick valors and some storyline.

I personally have ever only queued for a scenario once and that was to get the 463 weapon after I hit 90.

Personally I think Scenarios would have been better suited as lower level leveling content as an alternative to dungeon spamming. New players would also benefit from this seeing as how they could catch up on all of the story they have missed throughout the other expansions.
    Well finally you are speaking for yourself. Personally, as I stated earlier, I'd much rather valor cap out of scenarios than run heroics with imbeciles, faster and less painful, nearly instant queues as well. Low level scenarios would be nice to see too but since leveling doesn't need a currency I can't see them fitting in, dungeons at low levels with heirlooms are faceroll. Do more than one scenario... you may even find one you like *gasp*

10+ Year Old Account
    Scenarios are fine. To relieve some of the tedium of doing dailies I actually sort of would like for them to create some dailies that really are like the old group quests: 2 or 3 people required, 1 phase with a few adds and a boss and use the scenario queuing system to put a group together for them. In and out in just a few minutes. No idea if that would actually work or be practical but it would be something different for something that could use a little more variety.

From what I understand, scenarios are much, much simpler and faster for Blizzard to develop than dungeons. I'd like to see them stretch the content a bit more, vary the group size, get some of them out of the outdoors, etc.

Anyway, scenarios are a decent addition with a lot of potential.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

i think i hate dungeons now because they are long and boring. scenerios are fast and quick and get me to the cap quicker than dungeons
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

I love the concept, I just think that putting them as cap-only content was a mistake. I think they'd do much better as content to do while leveling if not just to break up the monotony of quests.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    I use it every day since it is the fasted 40 valor you can get in that amount of time as a DD, I don't really get what's "meaningless" or "casual" about it.
    Pretty much this; it is part of my daily routine to get valor capped for the week and I usually enjoy it more than the (so called) heroic.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

I'm not saying scenarios can't be fun, but only a small audience will find them playable. It comes down to it just not being suitable for level 90 (endgame) content.

Don't forget GC made comments about implementing rep gain from them as well. It's a perfect vehicle for that as well, rather than the tabard/heroic grind of wrath and Cata which everyone for four years complained about sucking (and now wants it back)

10+ Year Old Account
    Scernarios are fun, there not required, just something fun & quick for that extra valor you may need.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    I'm not saying scenarios can't be fun, but only a small audience will find them playable. It comes down to it just not being suitable for level 90 (endgame) content.
    again, I have to contest this. The small audiences in end game are raiders and rated pvpers. We know this from the numbers Blizzard gives to us. Scenarios are instanced, improved, repeatable group quests with valors, potential random class specific loot you don't need to roll on, and short queues. A lot of people find that appealing...