Poll: What's your toilet seat etiquette?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    This is used for urinating while drunk, as is the bath tub and the shower (ow yeah, 80% of men pees in the shower while showering, bet you didn't know that).
    Peeing on your feet while in the shower is actually healthy and prevents fungal infections and such.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I'll just say this, if it wasn't for different genders the toilet seat would probably never needed to be lifted up at all except for cleaning purposes.

It's not that big a deal where I'd rig out all the toilets in the house so no one has to touch it, like I said, I don't like it, but I'm not going to claw out my own throat and light myself on fire because I had to touch the toilet seat, it's just that I personally don't want to, 10 times out of 10 I will.
    Well, doesn't matter how you put it, as long as men can pee standing up there will always be seats that need to get put down (except maybe in women only toilets)
    Just be happy you don't find pubes everywhere in the toilet (like you do in men only toilets).

Quote Originally Posted by That Feel View Post
    Peeing on your feet while in the shower is actually healthy and prevents fungal infections and such.
    It does, however, increase the chance of fungal infections if other people use your shower.

Just be happy you don't find pubes everywhere in the toilet (like you do in men only toilets).
    They still manage to get on there in this house. One of the reasons I get the heebie jeebies from touching the seat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by That Feel View Post
    Strange I always avoided peeing on my feet, must be a reflex from wearing shoes.
    While we are at it, drinking your own pee (making thea out of it our such) has proven to be healthy aswell. It is also very hilarious to put in someones beer if you can pull it of without them noticing

Ah human waste, a source of humor ever since primates and develloped thumbs

They still manage to get on there in this house. One of the reasons I get the heebie jeebies from touching the seat.
    Use a tissue or a square of toilet paper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What a long post about a simple issue.

If you think it's a simple issue then you clearly haven't lived very long, or with women.

Wrong when you put the lid down, the water vapor (with all the bacteria as well as fecal matter and the sort) get thrusted out with more force from underneath the lid. So unless you have an airproof lid, you spread the water vapor even further.
    There are of course different types of lids, and in some there may be a space between the bowl and the lid for the vapor to escape. In any case, closing the lid will not add to the "force" of the water vapor in any way or form. A closed lid will keep most of the droplets and fecal matter, and therefore also bacteria, inside the bowl, and any that escapes will be directed toward the floor of the toilet.

An open lid will allow the vapor, fecal matter and bacteria to be sprayed all over your toilet, even a couple meters away, including for example your tooth brush.

The lid is there because of tradition, we wheren't always able to flush, back then the lid was used so you didn't have to look at someone elses (and all the people before him) leftovers.
    The lid has a function, simple as that. Anyone claiming it makes things worse is completely and utterly clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by guser View Post
    im interested. can i get a link? i would like to show this to my brothers =p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt70Yg19Jxk

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/my...toothbrush.htm

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/scie...h-hazard/11828
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22137761

Those are just a few links found with a fast Google search.

The science is clear on this matter: the lid is there for a reason, and flushing lid open is completely asinine.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2013-01-03 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    Option Q (or whatever): I really don't care, just don't leave the bathroom a total mess.

Also, people who get worked up over this need to relax a bit. Surely you have more important things to care about?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    It does, however, increase the chance of fungal infections if other people use your shower.
    Its their own fault for not peeing on their feet (even women should be able to pull it of without issues)

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Use a tissue or a square of toilet paper.
    I'm actually getting nauseous thinking about curly little pubes on the toilet now. If I had to touch it at all I'd puke.

Deleted
    I live alone, so I can piss wherever I want.

I've always been for options C for exactly the same reason OP analyzed: the less amount of work is done in general and on top of that it's shared between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Deleted
    I'm actually getting nauseous thinking about curly little pubes on the toilet now. If I had to touch it at all I'd puke.
    Be happy they come from the front, they have much dirtier cousins on the back (way you can tell the difference: the front cousins curl)

10+ Year Old Account
    The best solution is too have 2 toilets.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I picked B. I'm all for equal oppertunity.

Also I don't have a lid for my toilet...

10+ Year Old Account
    Men have hands, they can put the seat down.

Honestly, it depends on the number on the girl to guy ratio in your house, although, girls have to sit twice, guys only stand to piss.
    Yes, we do have hands. But it's not fucking worth it to freak out because we might forget to put it down. Jesus, it's not a big deal.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't you just aim through the seat? >.>
    Then neither parties have to touch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I don't like touching it. Just because you can wash shit off your hands after touching it, doesn't make the experience any more pleasant.
    And why is your sex exempt from touching it and mine not?

I don't like touching it either.
    Putin khuliyo

Toilet seat cover, close it when unused... then both men and women have to raise cover/seat to use -- sorted.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    Can't you just aim through the seat? >.>
    Then neither parties have to touch it.
    I work with people that can't even hit the bowl.
    We all miss from time to time, but some people just have terrible aim.