Women in the militatry (US)

security.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/23/military-to-open-combat-jobs-to-women/?hpt=hp_c2
    news.yahoo.com/no-rush-women-military-join-infantry-131319649.html
    news.yahoo.com/panetta-removes-military-ban-women-serving-combat-202235351.html

How do you feel about it? Personally as someone in the ROTC and national guard I would say, no. Not to be sexist but there are females in the ROTC program and they get their fitness standards reduced because they are women. I never served in combat hopefully never will, maybe once or twice will be fine, but if they do want to join make them pass all the test the males must pass. It sounds harsh and I know women are firefighters, cops and tactical units such as S.W.A.T, but fighting overseas is different, you are walking into the danger. Its not that I dont believe they cant do it they can, but I just dont want the standards do be lowered for women. In the heat of combat, its not call of duty or battlefield its real life if something were to happen to a solider,lets say he is a strong 230 pound all muscle guy he gets shot and needs to be dragged out. Do you believe a 150 pound women can drag him when he is fully geared? Again not trying to be sexist but, when this does get passed it needs rules.
    -No pregnant women
    -No women that are mothers unless the father is a stay at home dad
    -When on period (sorry) cannot be in combat
    -No special treatment

10+ Year Old Account
    There was already a thread for this in plain view:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...roles-to-women

damn cant delete dont search before posting too much work

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does the female menstrual cycle matter in combat? It's not like shedding the uterine wall turns them in to pansies. That idea in itself is sexist.

The reason for slightly lower fitness standards is men and women are built differently. Females don't have as much core muscle in the chest, or as much testosterone (which is greatly responsible for muscle development). Lower fitness requirements are not "special treatment", they are scientifically supported guidelines to prevent injury or overwork.

Pregnant women as a rule are not allowed, as far as I know. If they are, then they won't be out on the front lines.

Your proposition that mothers cannot be in the military unless the father stays at home is also sexist. When fathers go overseas, many of the mothers are working mothers. Should those males be prohibited from joining as well? If not, then that's a double standard.

Women generally don't get special treatment, and as for your question about the 150lbs woman dragging a 230lbs man from combat, well... weight is no guarantee of strength, and adrenaline also plays a factor. So yes, she would be able to, even if he was fully geared.

For a post that isn't supposed to be sexist, it reeks of sexism.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleck View Post
    Why does the female menstrual cycle matter in combat? It's not like shedding the uterine wall turns them in to pansies. That idea in itself is sexist.
    What I would hate being with is a woman having mood swings under already bad conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleck View Post
    The reason for slightly lower fitness standards is men and women are built differently. Females don't have as much core muscle in the chest, or as much testosterone (which is greatly responsible for muscle development). Lower fitness requirements are not "special treatment", they are scientifically supported guidelines to prevent injury or overwork.
    Man or woman, if you can't make the cut, you don't belong. All the standards must be the same.

I'm more on the side concerned with mental capability than physical. Constantly hear females saying they're more than willing to pull the trigger but I think that's indicative of a problematic effect on their long term mental health. There comes a point in war when the stress gets to everyone and the desensitizing of violence only digs a deeper hole.

I read somewhere that their menstrual cycle attracts bears....need i say it again? BEARS!!!!

Call me sexist, but the same standards need to apply for both sexes. From Dredd 3d
    "Like I said, she was only 3 points below a pass, its marginal."
    "It's not marginal, she failed."