Page 22 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    I don't see how this was BIG NEWS!..... Wasn't everyone expecting this?
    tbh its really early for a next gen game everyone was expecting either gen 3 remakes or a 3d rpgs for the wiiu.

ive noticecd lately that theyve gotten faster and the games get translated quicker. now everyones getting it on the same month. gone are the days of waiting almost a year for a pokemon game
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Totodile was never cute... the pain in the ass... the bane of my Cyndaquils existence low level.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    tbh its really early for a next gen game
    I'm starting to think people are just saying this because Gen 5 seemed so short after 3 and 4, even if they only lasted an extra year.

Go take a look at release and announcement history. This is the perfect time.

I guess two things to add to this thread:

Seriously... Legendary Pokemon that are made to be shaped like the letter X and Y? Like Trubbish wasn't terrible enough? Graphics be damned, I liked the games for the cool monsters, and that came to an end with Celebi. It doesn't look like they're going to be offering me what I want... I guess it's time to give up on the franchise.

I would like a game where you can go through all 5 regions and do everything associated with each region. Especially catch every single pokemon (even starters, why can't you capture all starters WHY?), collect every badge, every ribbon, beat each championship, etc.

I'm really sick of the binary games as well. I want Pokemen Purple+. . .+Gray+Gray 2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post

[IMG]http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/halolz-dot-com-pokemon-starterpokemoncomic.gif[IMG]

[video=youtube;It6xj40UVRM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It6xj40UVRM[video]

Seriously... Legendary Pokemon that are made to be shaped like the letter X and Y? Like Trubbish wasn't terrible enough? Graphics be damned, I liked the games for the cool monsters, and that came to an end with Celebi. It doesn't look like they're going to be offering me what I want... I guess it's time to give up on the franchise.
    Yeah...

just so you know trubbish and garbodor are both based off grimer and muk. just like genesect is based off mewtwo, the constuction pokemon are based off the machop like, the karate pokemon are based off the hitmans and... you know what NJUST SHUT UP im tired of explaining why gen 5 is based off gen 1 just take your nostalgia bullshit elsewhere your worse than the "bc was teh bezt" crowd
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

[IMG]http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/halolz-dot-com-pokemon-starterpokemoncomic.gif[IMG]

[video=youtube;It6xj40UVRM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It6xj40UVRM[video]

That's the epitome of being blinded by nostalgia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    The starters have always been cutesie-pie.

Charmander Cyndaquil Mudkip Turtwig Tepig each one awesome saddely i only have emboar now all my other pokemons are gone someday ill get my starters again name them something else since they can never replace the old ones.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    Charmander Cyndaquil Mudkip Turtwig Tepig each one awesome saddely i only have emboar now all my other pokemons are gone someday ill get my starters again name them something else since they can never replace the old ones.
    i have every pokemon and every form O-O until october anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have every pokemon and every form O-O until october anyway.
    well one of my former co-workers was an asshole and stole my games out of my car......so every pokemon ds catridge i had which at the time was from dp to bw was stolen.
    regardless of that I now keep my games in a fucking safe when im not playing them and if anyone ask to play them id give them a big hell no
    Last edited by Shroud; 2013-01-09 at 05:48 AM.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Trubbish is one of the best pokemon there is though
    And Garbodor is literally Totoro but made of trash

Stopped playing Pokemon like 10 years ago and just bought a 3DS XL frivilously soley to play White 2 about a week ago and becoming obsessed with the franchise again. And then a few days later they announce this :P Very excited
    Last edited by GirlyKittyBoy; 2013-01-09 at 05:59 AM.

I always picked the water type starters. Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, Piplup, Oshawott. . .And now Froakie >.>

Deleted
    For me to pick a starter i'd rather wait till the final forms are known, but from the pic linked earlier (pic - if they look anything like this) i'd still go with Chespin
    Froakie looks cool aswell, and i don't really like Fennekin that much...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleren View Post
    I'm surprised Pokemon is still going. My son out grew it years ago.
    ....I'm 31 and I still play it. People like you are the reason kids have no imagination anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Yeah...
    So, what you're saying is, when looking for a lame Pokemon in generation 1, you had to go all the way to number 122? I guess you've made your point, generation 1 was pretty freaking awesome.

just so you know trubbish and garbodor are both based off grimer and muk. just like genesect is based off mewtwo, the constuction pokemon are based off the machop like, the karate pokemon are based off the hitmans and... you know what NJUST SHUT UP im tired of explaining why gen 5 is based off gen 1 just take your nostalgia bullshit elsewhere your worse than the "bc was teh bezt" crowd
    Basing one off an original is just stupid, particularly when it's an even tackier version. Why do you even need an homage to something that is still around in the same game? It's just wank. There's no originality left in the series. They ran out of decent ideas, but they keep on churning out more stupid looking monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    That's the epitome of being blinded by nostalgia.
    That, or remembering a genuinely enjoyable game that's become a flogged horse.

It's funny, you're the exact kind of person I was mocking. Oh look I can post a funny little comic too.

Kids these days, they don't know, they missed out.
    Let me guess, you haven't played a Pokemon game in about 10 years or more?

Deleted
    So, what you're saying is, when looking for a lame Pokemon in generation 1, you had to go all the way to number 122? I guess you've made your point, generation 1 was pretty freaking awesome.
    To find a pokemon lame-looking enough to get past nostalgia-glasses?
    Yeah.

Venusaur is a giant green cow with a flower on its back.
    Have you seen kakuna/metapod?
    Try actually looking at what most of gen1 actually is without remembering anything.

Anyway, gone 6am here, need to go pass out

Basing one off an original is just stupid, particularly when it's an even tackier version. Why do you even need an homage to something that is still around in the same game? It's just wank. There's no originality left in the series. They ran out of decent ideas, but they keep on churning out more stupid looking monsters.

Because they were so original in the first generation.

HOLY FUCK THEY DON'T EVEN LOOK LIKE MONSTERS ANYMORE.

GOD DAMN, GAMEFREAK, DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING?

WHAT THE FUCK EVER HAPPENED TO CREATIVITY?

IT'S LIKE YOU LOST SIGHT OF YOURSELVES COMPLETELY.

DO YOU EVEN REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS LIKE?

WHY DON'T YOU TAKE YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASSES FOR ONCE?

FUCK.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2013-01-09 at 06:19 AM.