Page 51 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's a new type. Anything is cool, but I've wanted a "Light" type to match dark for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I hope it's a new type. Anything is cool, but I've wanted a "Light" type to match dark for years.
    I actually heard a forum debate about this that was pretty solid, as many people have wanted the same thing. The logic was that "fighting" represented the opposition to dark because of honor, valor and heroism. Having a light type would still be cool, but then what would it be strong and weak against?

Strong against dark and ghost, maybe weak to grass, water and steel as grass absorbs light through photosynthesis, and steel/water reflect and refract it?

by light you mean half the normal type pokemon turning to light type
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I actually heard a forum debate about this that was pretty solid, as many people have wanted the same thing. The logic was that "fighting" represented the opposition to dark because of honor, valor and heroism. Having a light type would still be cool, but then what would it be strong and weak against?

Strong against dark and ghost, maybe weak to grass, water and steel as grass absorbs light through photosynthesis, and steel/water reflect and refract it?
    I dunno, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Sylveon seems like it would make a good light type, also Xerneas, it's got those rainbow horns, and Yveltal looks like it would be dark or ghost type and would oppose Xerneas. Also changing some older pokemon to light type wouldn't be too bad, they've done it in previous generations somewhat.

I dunno, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Sylveon seems like it would make a good light type, also Xerneas, it's got those rainbow horns, and Yveltal looks like it would be dark or ghost type and would oppose Xerneas. Also changing some older pokemon to light type wouldn't be too bad, they've done it in previous generations somewhat.
    Dark in the game doesn't mean dark as in shadows/the darkness. It means more mischievous and underhanding.

Hence moves like foul play, faint attack and knock off.

And fighting has always been portrayed as honorable, set match type things. Which is why it beats dark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Dark in the game doesn't mean dark as in shadows/the darkness. It means more mischievous and underhanding.

Hence moves like foul play, faint attack and knock off.

And fighting has always been portrayed as honorable, set match type things. Which is why it beats dark
    Well either way it still fits. Light could be strong against it because the light will eradicate the shadows that a mischievous/ underhanded person/thing would use to hide in or use to do evil.

Also, is that official or just speculation? Dark's Japanese name is Evil, which could mean anything, and Fighting's is also fighting/wrestling. Scraggy/Scarfty is fighting/dark, so would that make him honorable in a mischievous way?

so would that make him honorable in a mischievous way?
    Who said all forms of fighting were not underhanded? You can still know kickboxing and kick a guy in the nuts.

Well either way it still fits. Light could be strong against it because the light will eradicate the shadows that a mischievous/ underhanded person/thing would use to hide in or use to do evil.
    You are confusing Light with Good and Mischievous with evil. If you want a Light type as in good god given angels then fighting already covers that. But if it is a Light type it would be Light as in colors and rays. Mischievous doesn't mean evil either.

Who said all forms of fighting were not underhanded? You can still know kickboxing and kick a guy in the nuts.

You are confusing Light with Good and Mischievous with evil. If you want a Light type as in good god given angels then fighting already covers that. But if it is a Light type it would be Light as in colors and rays. Mischievous doesn't mean evil either.
    I picture light as a pokemon that is strong during the day, and uses the sun as a source of power.

Off the top of my head, Sunflora as a Light/Grass type, Solrock as a light/rock type, and solarbeam going from a grass move, to a light move.

10+ Year Old Account

No I'm not, the Japanese name is literally "Evil." Also, when I think of light as an element in a fantasy setting I think of it as both being physical light and the incarnation of goodness.

Maybe Dark type actually encompasses both physical darkness and mischievousness? Umbreon and Darkrai are prime examples of night based pokemon, and then there are also plenty of the mischievous ones too.
    Last edited by Arkenaw; 2013-05-13 at 02:59 AM.

We'll if we get light as a type, GameFreak better make Sunteam's good. We've seen politoed with its water drizzle make for quit some good combo's on water based teams, but the sun havent been quit up there. Infact alot off fire and grass pokemons that have come out have been crap, to a point where Id say fire type is something you used inn Gen1 only, so with light we might actually get some fun with grass/fire pokemons.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Yea its abit crappy. I was hoping they would bring back Mewtwo V2 to really play the nostalgic card well, with legendaries deemed booring/bland lately.

Gonna be fun to play the game to yea Hope it can deliver.
    I think why legendaries are deemed bland is that there are to many of them, think about it, back in generation 1 there were 5 legendary pokemon, generation 2 had 6 legendary pokemon, generation 3 had 10 legendary pokemon, generation 4 had 13 (14 if you count Phionne, 15 if you count Rotom), and generation 5 had 13. The amount of legendaries per generation has more than doubled since generation one and it makes them feel less legendary. Also you are pretty much forced to encounter the legendaries, in generation 1 it was more like you stumbled onto them.

I think it's fine to have your one legendary be apart of the story, but the rest should be things you stumble upon (unless you looked it up and deliberately know how to find them) or maybe even have to find small clues (non-linear) to hunt them down, 7-8 legendaries should really be the max imo. (a due and your trio then a couple extras)

What I would like is instead of hunting down a bunch of legendaries have some more pokemon like Rotom, or Riolu, or something where you have to go and search for it like a legendary but it's not a true legendary.

Because honestly there are enough legendaries now where you can re-use some old ones to go and catch.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Pokémon MMORPG. It will have Jhoto, Hoenn, Kanto, Unova, Sinnoh regions Plus a new region.
    It will also include 153 new Pokémon as well.

"I would die to win, But I am born to lose."

Deleted
    ^ That is a pipe dream, its never going to happen, ... go ahead universe prove me wrong, i dare you, i double dare you!

Deleted
    Really got into the Pokemon games again.

Just developing my team now to battle online lead by my Shiny Scizor which I've had for around 7 years now.

10+ Year Old Account
    They really need to fix the female characters walking? animation. Looks strange to me. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks more like trotting.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    I think why legendaries are deemed bland is that there are to many of them, think about it, back in generation 1 there were 5 legendary pokemon, generation 2 had 6 legendary pokemon, generation 3 had 10 legendary pokemon, generation 4 had 13 (14 if you count Phionne, 15 if you count Rotom), and generation 5 had 13. The amount of legendaries per generation has more than doubled since generation one and it makes them feel less legendary. Also you are pretty much forced to encounter the legendaries, in generation 1 it was more like you stumbled onto them.

I think it's fine to have your one legendary be apart of the story, but the rest should be things you stumble upon (unless you looked it up and deliberately know how to find them) or maybe even have to find small clues (non-linear) to hunt them down, 7-8 legendaries should really be the max imo. (a due and your trio then a couple extras)

What I would like is instead of hunting down a bunch of legendaries have some more pokemon like Rotom, or Riolu, or something where you have to go and search for it like a legendary but it's not a true legendary.

Because honestly there are enough legendaries now where you can re-use some old ones to go and catch.
    They seem bland to me because they're all just try-hard legendaries that are created to try and give Pokemon a lore and back story, and some sort of PokeReligion. Back in Generation 1 we had Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres. They were legendary simply because they were rare Pokemon, and not one of a kind (There are multiple Moltres' in the Anime), and then the big one-of-a-kind MewTwo.

Then generation 2 we get the same treatment, the powerful trio, and the birds. Okay they are important to their respective enviroments but not spectacular.

It really all hits the fan in generation 4, when suddenly we get "THE ABSOLUTE GOD OF ALL POKEMON! THE KING, QUEEN, DICTATOR, SUPREME BEING WORLD CREATOR ALL KNEEL BEFORE HIM ARCEUS IN ALL HIS GLORY" which to me, was just WAAYYYY left field, suddenly they try to create this overarching Pokemon pantheon that explains the formative years of the world, and the presence of the Unown and how the earth, skies and sea came to be. Suddenly all legendaries from here on out need to be creators, or part of this Pokemon pantheon created with Arceus' story. No doubt the Gen 6 pokemon, given what we already know, are related to creation mythology.

I miss the legendary birds and dogs, I'm sick that players can hold the creator of the universe in a Poke Ball.
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...(Pok%C3%A9mon)

I agree with the above post, it's just so absurd to be able to catch beings that can warp time and space, heck, even the storylines are getting way out there, originally it was just you setting out on an adventure to beat the Pokémon League, but for whatever reason you have to save the world in the midst of it. The teams are also getting way out there, trying to create new dimensions and force everyone to bow down before you? Team Rocket is my favorite team for the reason that they're a realistic take on how some people would abuse Pokémon if they existed just to get money, no doubt such an organization would exist had Pokémon existed.

As also said previously, the legendaries are also getting out of hand. I mean, Heatran really didn't need to be a legendary, Cresselia didn't need to exist and is generally ignored these days anyways. Gen 5 didn't need two trios, especially considering one trio had to be fixed later because it was so bland. Meloetta is also pretty useless, and so is Manaphy and Phione considering Shaymin took the "Mew" spot for Gen IV more or less. But hey, I guess they need to have a ton of event Pokémon to keep people occupied or something, problem is that all of these event-exclusive Pokémon makes it impossible to finish the Pokédex legally, especially since they keep on increasing in numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post

All true pokemon fans know the one and true legendary to be Mew. Currently the only unobtainable pokemon outside events and cheating, unless celebi is also the same.... damn.... i miss g1g2 =(

bbl, gonna go play me some red and get me 99x candies from missingno. nostalgia =3

Honestly, though, i wish a legendary pokemon was that, Legendary. As you have to do so many things, and in the correct order to even get it. g1 mew under the truck rumor =D I know i tried it once =3
    Last edited by Skayth; 2013-05-14 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    All true pokemon fans know the one and true legendary to be Mew. Currently the only unobtainable pokemon outside events and cheating, unless celebi is also the same.... damn.... i miss g1g2 =(

bbl, gonna go play me some red and get me 99x candies from missingno. nostalgia =3

Honestly, though, i wish a legendary pokemon was that, Legendary. As you have to do so many things, and in the correct order to even get it. g1 mew under the truck rumor =D I know i tried it once =3

You can get mew without cheating.

G1 and G2 replaying them are not special. Its all nostalgia.

However, HeartGold SoulSilver is hands down the best game in the series.