10+ Year Old Account

Strategy/RTS/Sim Games

Hey guys. I have never really liked or been good at games like Civilization, Sim City or Anno 2070. But recently I have been wanting to try again after years of not trying. So my question is. Is Tropico 4 a good one to try? The steam special edition is on sale for $6 I think now. Or what would be a good game of this type to start out with? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tropico 4 is a GREAT game. Love it. Its like a Sim lite game. If you want to get into a city building game, this would be a great place to start. It has the best tutorials and has built in management prompts to help you along the way. For a starter, this game is great.

Also, look for Sim City 5 on March 5th 2013. Should be an EPIC sim.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2013-01-04 at 09:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Tropico 4 is a GREAT game. Love it. Its like a Sim lite game. If you want to get into a city building game, this would be a great place to start. It has the best tutorials and has built in management prompts to help you along the way. For a starter, this game is great.

Also, look for Sim City 5 on March 5th 2013. Should be an EPIC sim.
    Yea.. Tropico 4 is really fun. Unfortunately it's too easy and has some annoying bugs. Every mission for me was 1) Ignore the objectives.. 2) Get money coming in, which is easy 3) throw money at all the problems and they go away 4) buy the objectives which are mostly just build this or pay for that and win mission in 3 minutes.