Deleted

normal claws + lfr claws better then normal pole??

Hey guys quick question!

since dw is like 5% better people say.
    i won normal Claws of Shek'zeer yesterday
    but i have normal screaming tiger atm

if i win the lfr version of the claws will
    normal claw + lfr claw be better then normal pole

AND! is normal claw + lfr Gara'kal fists of the spiritbinder better then normal pole?
    since i already have that lfr fists aswell

thanks.
    Zhurong

We Scale Best With Weapon Damage, Which ever sims better for you is the best.

Edit:Get Simulationcraft, import and simulate your character two or three times, each time with different weapon combos. The results should tell you what is better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normal claws - even with the 483 claws - will be an increase for you.

IMO, the increase isn't exactly 5% (I've gone against DW monks who were much better geared than I am, and we were typically only 1-2% apart).

Keep in mind that most formulae (at least the one for BoK) only considers 50% of your Offhand weapon damage - so while it's a great idea to have as high of an item level as possible on your OH, your Mainhand will be the major determining factor.

Some napkin math of a simplified maximum DW formulae for BoK as an example:

BoK = (6.4 * Mainhand weapon damage) + (Offhand weapon damage / 2) + (Attack Power / 14)

Or, as a function of X, Y, and Z, where X = Mainhand Damage and Y = Offhand Damage (having AP as a static variable, though obv. it wouldn't be but it makes it simpler than having a 4D graph), and Z is the damage from BoK:

Z = 6.4X + Y/2 + AP/14

I did that this morning before my coffee, so... please correct me if I algebrad wrong But, as you can see, the mainhand weapon damage is amplified by 6.4, so if I were to graph this as a function, you'd see something like this (I plugged this into an online graphing calculator, with AP as a static 30k, so the formula I used was Z = 6.4X + Y/2 + 2143)

BoK Damage (Blue) Relative to Offhand Damage (Green) (it's flipped backwards, so read it right to left vs. normal left to right):

BoK Damage (Blue) Relative to Mainhand Damage (red):

And then for you to play with, here's all I did - plugged it into google and had them plot it. You will want to edit the axis that it uses to get more meaningful results.

15+ Year Old Account
    Normal Shek'zeer + LFR Gara > normal polearm... because of the 500agi gem.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)