View Poll Results: US Congress more effective if it was all Women?

Voters
207. This poll is closed
  • Yes

12 5.80%
  • No

186 89.86%
  • Undecided

9 4.35%
Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

US Congress more effective if it was all Women?

I cant help but think that women naturally are drawn to public service because they want to get something done. Naturally I think at least in my own point of view. Congress would be more effective under all women leadership. Why? unlike men who rage with hormones and prides. Women I think can better communicate with each other without the macho male ego thing.

US Congress has an approval rating of 10 percent. That is correct. Out of a hundred only 10 percent actually approve of the way its run. Lets imagine for a moment we could wipe out all the males in congress and place them with females. Would women be better listeners. Would they be able to disarm a situation and handle things better then current congress.

Congress rating is so low in fact. It ranks up there on the highest of all time of do nothing congress. In the days of social media . I notice women like Majority Dem Leader Pelosi is very effective in her own party. Right now shes urging Obama to make a trillion dollar coin. Rather then fight with Republicans over debt limit and cut spending to fill their pocket. She argues Obama can raise debt legally bypassing Republicans.

I wonder if Congress had all women would it make a difference. Would it even matter?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2410557.html

Deleted
    Why? unlike men who rage with hormones and prides. Women I think can better communicate with each other without the macho male ego thing.
    No. They'll just all descend into making passive aggressive comments at each other for several hours before it all tumbles into a vicious cat fight.

See, I can make sweeping stereotypical statements too?

Deleted
    I dont know, Thatcher was not very popular. Merkel is not very well liked and the Aussie PM is pretty hated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Psychology and Sociology classes tell us that this is a bad idea. Although it would be a really nice change, in a group situation, women usually do not make decisions. You see this a lot in "cliques" in college or high school where a female only group will have a hard time making any concise decisions quickly, as none of them want to step up take the responsibility of starting the decision making process in fear of being criticized. So the group will usually take a VERY long time to get anything accomplished.

Now then, does that mean it would be like that for older women? I'd lean towards yes, as I don't believe people change that much with age. This also doesn't take in context that women running for Congress probably have more balls then the old sods sitting there right now :P

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    No. They'll just all descend into making passive aggressive comments at each other for several hours before it all tumbles into a vicious cat fight.

This is essentially what my reply was going to be. Just imagine the girls from your high school running congress. No thank you.

This may have been the worst poll ever, it could even be worse than anything Swazi Spring posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    This may have been the worst poll ever, it could even be worse than anything Swazi Spring posts.
    Its most straight forward poll. Yes. No or Undecided. If you would like to make some suggestions you can PM me and I will take them under consideration the next time I make a poll.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Its most straight forward poll. Yes. No or Undecided. If you would like to make some suggestions you can PM me and I will take them under consideration the next time I make a poll.
    I meant the question itself, its so ridiculous that its beyond pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Why? unlike men who rage with hormones and prides. Women I think can better communicate with each other without the macho male ego thing.
    By that logic, women would not be better suited in any case to hold public office, for they're well known to have greater emotional issues, and as Istaril said, passive aggressive insults towards each other, you would also have to take into account, the well stereotyped menstrual cycle which would, again using your logic, no doubt make the congress affected by one or more of the hormonally imbalanced females, if they're not particularily too old.

Your generalizations and stereotypes are rather offensive, I'm not necessarily filled with pride, but that doesn't mean I'm going to rage at someone when they taunt it.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I dont know, Thatcher was not very popular. Merkel is not very well liked and the Aussie PM is pretty hated.
    Thatcher may have been the one of the most unpopular PM of recent times but I believe that she did Britain good overall.

......please don't kill me, fellow Britons

No, I do not believe gender determines qualification for public service.

Deleted
    Thatcher was not very popular.
    Heh. Putting it lightly. That's probably the case in some parts of the country. To give a view of the Scottish public opinion however, I show you Frankie Boyle on the matter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmmomV-ax-s#t=0m57s

Sums up thread topic quite nicely right here.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I am a liberal, I vote democrat. That doesn't mean I agree with the ludicrously naive belief that a full-time job entitles one to the concept they should be able to entirely support themself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    Cooking is a skill? In wow maybe.

Congress as a body does not have high approval rating, congressmen though have much higher approval ratings from the district in which they were elected.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenno%27s_paradox

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    No, I do not believe gender determines qualification for public service.
    Well said.

Neither would it dictate how corrupt an individual can be in a seat of power.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I am a liberal, I vote democrat. That doesn't mean I agree with the ludicrously naive belief that a full-time job entitles one to the concept they should be able to entirely support themself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    Cooking is a skill? In wow maybe.

Deleted
    Heh. Putting it lightly. That's probably the case in some parts of the country. To give a view of the Scottish public opinion however, I show you Frankie Boyle on the matter:

cant watch the clip from here, but is it the one where he says the scottish people could dig a grave so deep for her they could personally hand her to satan, or something along those lines?

Deleted
    I don't see why gender would affect anything, we've all got the same dis-functional personalities at the end of the day.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I know full well how hated she is in Scotland I might be lynched for defending her policies down the local pub

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    cant watch the clip from here, but is it the one where he says the scottish people could dig a grave so deep for her they could personally hand her to satan, or something along those lines?
    That's the one.

Isn't this pretty much sexism with a different face?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?