Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it is general knowledge the first group is the Joker's group because in mafia games there is a group of mafia. Unless, you are saying the Joker is working alone which would strange in a game of 30 players. Also, the Joker is not an assassin so I do not see him being a part of an Assassin group. I could be wrong though.

Glad to get the chance to particapate again, I have some catching up to do, especially on the whole Arlee case. Anyone wants to explain why he suddendly got targeted after the night kills?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Glad to get the chance to particapate again, I have some catching up to do, especially on the whole Arlee case. Anyone wants to explain why he suddendly got targeted after the night kills?
    Worg (someone please correct me if im wrong) and Arlee were PMing. Arlee claimed Elvis - Worg called her out. Arlee blamed the mod for a mix-up in CCs (saying she received the wrong one) and I called bullsh*t

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Oh, is that the one where with 10 people left 4 were wolves on the same team and 2 were mafia and I told one of the townies I trusted who pretty much everyone's role was so he immediately went for the mafia and helped the wolves get a majority? That game is a win in my book.
    Sounds about right. Good game, good game.
    Quote Originally Posted by celtic209 View Post
    Worg (someone please correct me if im wrong) and Arlee were PMing. Arlee claimed Elvis - Worg called her out. Arlee blamed the mod for a mix-up in CCs (saying she received the wrong one) and I called bullsh*t
    Sounds about right. I'm gullible though so she could be lying and is scum covering her tracks.

And sorry for pm'ing. I know Greeney said he didn't want it, but he never said it was against the rules. It's not even mentioned in the op that he didn't want it :3

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    On second thoughts, could the puzzle be giving us a clue on who some of the other villians are? It mentioned the Riddler, Joker, CatWoman, and Scarecrow and could they all be part of the League of Assassins or are they part of different mafia factions? Just speculation at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could push for a firebert lynch this game. He posted math, after all.
    I wouldn't mind, it'd make an interesting change from a standard Lysah lynch.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 02:43 PM ----------

My Vote's staying on Worgenite for breaking Rule #5.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't buy Arlee's excuse either.

vote Arlee

FoS Roose, Mumbles and Kuthe
    wyrd bið ful aræd

10+ Year Old Account
    I would guess that one mafia group here is composed of the Joker and his allies -- Harley Quinn and someone else would be my guess. The League of Assassins might feature Ra's al Ghul, whose body disappears in the game and his daughter Talia. I'm not sure who else, since all I know of the game is from Wikipedia.

I wouldn't be surprised if Greeney has alternate night SKs, which he's done before. That said, I would have thought that Two-Face would be one of them if this was the case.

If I don't hear anything from Greeney re: Arlee, I'll vote later today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I wouldn't mind, it'd make an interesting change from a standard Lysah lynch.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 02:43 PM ----------

My Vote's staying on Worgenite for breaking Rule #5.
    *inspects op*

I suppose pm's count as 'outside the thread'. If there's no consequence, people will do it regardless. Arlee broke that rule just as much as I did :3

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why communicate outside the thread, though, if you're trying to help the town win? The more info for us, the better.

Too many reasons. Most of them revolve around hiding from scum while plotting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much this. If I post stuff in the thread, then everyone will know, including the scum. I run the risk of someone I'm talking to being scum as well. Also, people are more likely to talk when they don't come under the scrutiny of everyone who will vote them in a moment's notice just b/c they say something that might be found scummy.

e: A lot of infos I find out are also inconclusive anyways so there's no point in sharing them with the thread. It's not like I'm finding out anyone's role(and Arlee claimed vt, everyone claims vt so it's nothing conclusive) and a lot of the stuff discussed is also stuff I'd rather not discuss. I talk to Arlee almost every day through pm's and during mafia games I might ask her about what she thinks of person a's act but it's not like I'm learning anything that will benefit the town and often times it's stuff that would help the mafia more than hurt it.

proof? BrandonC, what's your role?
    Last edited by Loaf; 2013-01-22 at 03:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But that's not what this was. This was someone getting caught in an inconsistency that Worg decided to follow up on privately before deciding to let it become public. Not a winning strategy.

Also, who are you plotting with? I understand if Masons PM each other, and that tends to be allowed in Greeney's games, but if you aren't masoned with someone, they very well might be mafia, and then you're just hanging yourself out to dry without backup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonC View Post
    But that's not what this was. This was someone getting caught in an inconsistency that Worg decided to follow up on privately before deciding to let it become public. Not a winning strategy.

Also, who are you plotting with? I understand if Masons PM each other, and that tends to be allowed in Greeney's games, but if you aren't masoned with someone, they very well might be mafia, and then you're just hanging yourself out to dry without backup.
    I'm not a mason and as far as I've been told, neither is Arlee. If she is scum I have no worries of anything else as I don't recall telling her anything I know beyond what I needed to tell her about myself to get info from her.

Again, if pm'ing isn't allowed, make it not allowed. I told you people will pm, even when asked not to b/c as long as there's no consequence, there's no fear of anything happening if caught. If Greeney said in the op 'I don't want discussion happening outside of the thread and if I catch anyone at it, I'll modkill/punish them in some way'(like saying they're not allowed to post for a day or something) then I'd have followed said rule. As it stands now, it's essentially a guideline.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonC View Post
    you're just hanging yourself out to dry without backup.
    Exactly, that's why we never banned it here. It is as much of a risk as a reward. As many games have been lost as have been won as a result of PMs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I missed Greeneys post before, if he's posted and said nothing then I also call bullshit on Arlees claim.

Vote: Arlee

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 12:28 AM ----------

And if we're right then worgi has gone and done the complete opposite of that. Anything Worgi said to Arlee went directly to the scum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I missed Greeneys post before, if he's posted and said nothing then I also call bullshit on Arlees claim.

Vote: Arlee

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 12:28 AM ----------

And if we're right then worgi has gone and done the complete opposite of that. Anything Worgi said to Arlee went directly to the scum.
    which wasn't a whole lot this game. If she is scum, their team would know my role and my character(neither of which I'm worried about) and that's pretty much it I think.

Most of us don't actively PM when we have roles worth saving =p
    I typically only share my role completely when it's a joke role anyway, such as VT. Part of the risk assessment of PMing is understanding what it can cost you - the PM/steam game is, itself, strategical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of us don't actively PM when we have roles worth saving =p
    I typically only share my role completely when it's a joke role anyway, such as VT. Part of the risk assessment of PMing is understanding what it can cost you - the PM/steam game is, itself, strategical.
    yup. It's a whole game added on to the mafia game. Not everyone takes advantage of it and those who do aren't always good at it and may mess up somewhere and get themselves offed. I like how it is here. We tried no pm games on a different forum(b/c there's no solid way to do that here) and it was interesting, yes, but just not the same. I liked the anon aspect of it more, but most people didn't like it and the games became snoozefests till the end when things started to heat up. Some people even forgot the games were going on :\ As I said though, if it's made a rule and has a consequence, I wouldn't do it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes it's a whole extra game added on to the mafia game, other times it's just annoying. Like when two members of opposing factions are PMing each other and one lets his team know he's PMing someone from the other faction but won't say who or give any info. (COUGH WORGI/FOXXI)