LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just watch his videos on his main site.

http://cinemassacre.com/

Deleted
    google ban anyone from youtube and adsense means more money forthem

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I was wondering the same thing... a google search brings up "Angry Video Game Nerd". I assume this is what he's talking about?

... I always hate it when people make posts or talk to you about something they're into assuming the rest of the world was into it.

That happened twice to me prior. One was a woman in an elevator who asked me "So, who do you think will get voted off Survivor tonight?" - that was actually the very first time I heard of Surivor. The second time was when a friend of mine called me up all distraught, telling me the bad news that Dale Ernheart died - and he actually got mad at me thinking I was joking when I asked him "Who is Dale Ernhear?" ((FYI for those who don't know: Dale Ernheart is, or rather was, apparently a popular NASCAR driver.)))

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 07:10 AM ----------

Well, beat me to it. :P
    I could give a shit about AVGN, but, to be fair, not knowing who some random dude who makes youtube videos is versus not knowing someone who was internationally famous, who millions and millions of other people know about, isn't the same situation.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    that sucks, his videos are always funny and entertaining.

his facial expression when he actually landed a jet on the carrier in top gun with the power glove was nothing short of golden

15+ Year Old Account
    I never bought something from Sega , never will now :P

But i just checked youtube and his Channel is available for me as all the movies are.
    Druid since Feb. 06

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I came here to see what all this youtube banning was about, are you trying to say since I didn't know what AVGN stood for I shouldn't have just come in here? I was hoping the OP would explain what AVGN was since I didn't get it, which is why I claim to this topic. This isn't a clique...
    Yes but when a group of people are talking about let's say... Baseball and you don't know much about it, you don't inform the people having a separate conversation from you, you have no idea what they're talking about. Wouldn't that just be a really stupid thing to do?

OT: It's pretty sad that Sega is doing this, I'm not sure what they gain from this at all. Can't even buy Shining force anymore, excluding used.
    Last edited by Irony; 2013-01-08 at 07:51 PM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Wow, this rapidly turned into a "You must not know who this is if I don't!" discussion.

Anyways, Sega has always been stuck up their own asses, I'm glad I've never supported them, because what they are doing is absurd, even if it isn't what took down Cinemassacre's channel.

No... the Beatles have been popular - not AVGN. AVGN is "niche" or, at best, has a cult following. "Popular" is one of two things in my book: 1) There's a good chance your grandparents have at least heard of it in a conversation, or 2) Has been lampooned on South Park. :P

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 05:16 PM ----------

Actually I am an American. :P

Keep in mind I heard of Survivor when it was first getting popular... it wasn't like I heard of it when it was on season 3. :P Also, my point was somebody assuming something on that calibre.

Now, Dale Earnheart - um, it's VERY easy for an American to not hear of him, at least if you're living up North. Most of my friends never heard of him until he died. He's a legend only with the NASCAR community, which only mostly resides in the Southern states. NASCAR is popular, but it's not up to the levels of popularity like Basketball, Football, ect... which is celebrated nationally. Popular, yes, but popular pretty much only in the Southern states.
    I lived in the North for most of my life, I never met somebody that hadnt heard of him before. Hockey isnt popular anywhere but the Northeast yet most of the country has heard of Gretzky after all. It is basic pop culture knowledge.

You know who Lance Armstrong is, right? Is cycling popular? You know Venus and Serena Williams? Is Woman's Tennis popular? Not watching NASCAR isnt a reason to not know Earnhardt
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    I guess I never really learned to give a fuck whose videos I am watching on youtube. I watch videos for their content, not because I have a fan hard-on for the bloggers who make those videos, so I tend to memorize the videos by their names, rather than by the name of the blogger who makes them.

Dale Ernhart I've heard of - albeit very little. I guess he never really took the same spotlight as Tiger Woods, Jordan or Gretzky. Same goes for that RussiaFPS guy's channel - first time.
    Once you find those "bloggers" that you enjoy, it is easier to just remember the name of the blogger. They are internet personalities, so their videos usually all have similar content. You are probably missing out on a lot of good content if you dont check out some of the other stuff made by the same people that made the videos you liked. You dont have to have a fan hard-on to know a persons name either, stop trying to be so cool that you cant learn a persons name online

10+ Year Old Account
    ...millions know what AVGN is? :P
    Probably, he's pretty well known.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 09:41 PM ----------

Anywho, it's sucks, hope he regains his account. If not, oh well, can still watch him on his website.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think his page got put back up somehow. cause i'm still seeing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i think his page got put back up somehow. cause i'm still seeing it up.
    His did get put back up. Cinemmasacres is still down tho, so maybe it was their channel that did the wrong doing?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why you should always have a backup site that you run on your server. They cant shut down the videos they dont have acces.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    What??? Why AVGN?? I'm subscribed to him and I watched pretty much all of his AVGN videos. What was so bad about his account that they had to ban it?

Edit: I looked on Youtube and it I can still watch his videos. Maybe Youtube screwed up?
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-01-08 at 10:25 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to like AVGN but all he did was Nintendo games. Also, he now has Mike doing a lot of his stuff for everything else, and mike is pretty boring to me. It's almost like the original guy is retired after doing nintendo games. If he did super nintendo as well, I would watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    What??? Why AVGN?? I'm subscribed to him and I watched pretty much all of his AVGN videos. What was so bad about his account that they had to ban it?

Edit: I looked on Youtube and it I can still watch his videos. Maybe Youtube screwed up?
    his cinemassacre channel is banned. i think it has to do with sega banning everyone who so much as breathes the word shining force on youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    His channel is back... well, that was a scary couple of Minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Yes but when a group of people are talking about let's say... Baseball and you don't know much about it, you don't inform the people having a separate conversation from you, you have no idea what they're talking about. Wouldn't that just be a really stupid thing to do?

OT: It's pretty sad that Sega is doing this, I'm not sure what they gain from this at all. Can't even buy Shining force anymore, excluding used.
    Except this is a public forum with MANY PEOPLE. So it's more like having a talk about baseball among a bunch of people, some interested in baseball, some in basketball, some in football, and then start a conversation about xxx team being banned from the league. Everyone may not know much or even care about baseball, but surely they'd want to know why a whole team was banned from the league. So not, it's not stupid. You are talking on a public forum therefore, don't use obscured abbriviations and be like "lol you don't know what AVGN MEANS?! Why even join the discussion?" lots of people use youtube, lots of people upload content, lots of people would be interested in knowing why ANY ONE AVGN OR OTHERWISE, would have their entire accounts removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet another reason to revisit and reform our stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid copyright laws.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    It had nothing to do with Sega.

Looking at the recent videos and what was removed from the recent uploads I would say that it had something to do with the movie reviews. Something got flagged as a copyright infringement. Probably the recently uploaded Back to the Future reviews.

Those videos have since been removed. It's sad, since reviewing should clearly fall under fair use.

I strongly suggest any of his supporters watch his and Mike Matei's content over on http://cinemassacre.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    I used to like AVGN but all he did was Nintendo games. Also, he now has Mike doing a lot of his stuff for everything else, and mike is pretty boring to me. It's almost like the original guy is retired after doing nintendo games. If he did super nintendo as well, I would watch.
    err...wha? He does to other games thann nintendo, or havent you watched in like...years?