Deleted

Unhappy new GPU sends monitor into power saving mode

Yesterday I upgraded my GPU from a SAPPHIRE HD 4870 TOXIC to a Zotac GeForce GTX 560 Ti. Now every time I start a game (Far Cry, Crysis...) my LG 2442PA monitor goes into power saving mode with the message "DVI Gestion Alim". I updated all drivers, cleaned the contacts and checked all cables, but the problem is still there. Browser, e-mail, system options, everything is working fine until I start a game.

I am at work atm, but I'll fill in my setup as I remember it. If you need further details, I'll have to check at home.

General Information
    CPU (brand, model, speed): intel i7-920
    Motherboard (brand, model, chipset): asus P6T
    RAM (amount, type, speed): 8 GB
    Graphics Card (brand, model): see text
    Power Supply (brand, model, wattage): Ultron Silent Force 650 W
    Operating System: Win 7 Home 64 bit
    Resolution: 1920*1080

Stability Problems
    starting any game results in a power saving monitor. the next time I start win 7 tells me that it restarts after a system failure.
    GPU temperature (see nVidia's Control Panel or ATi's Catalyst Control Center): GPU temperature always between 30° and 40°C when it happens, CPU temperature 40-45°C.

Any ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    "DVI Gestion Alim" I believe is "DVI Power Supply Management"

Are you using any of those ATI special DVI adapters or anything? Are you doubly sure that all the power cables are plugged into the video card?

10+ Year Old Account
    I get this every so often check the cable and make sure the card is clean as well as the cable.

First, and I'm no expert, but is it just when you start a full screen game, or any game? If it's just fullscreen it may be a compatibility issue between the monitor, DVI, and the VGA card. If you have an HDMI cable I'd try it before anything drastic.

Beyond that it could be the PSU starting to go because it seems like it doesn't have the power to kick in the GPU and it's just shutting down to keep from damaging itself

Deleted
    Standard cable connecting monitor and pc, nothing special and unchanged since years. I checked both GPU power cables and all other cables to and from PSU, too. I'll try HDMI and some other (not fullscreen) games when I come home.

Thanks a lot for your fast replies!
    Last edited by mmocf2171a65b3; 2013-01-09 at 10:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it wierd that i can't even find the 12V load (amps) values for this PSU of yours. Not even on the main site (ultron.de). This makes me very suspicious....

Deleted
    I checked with an HDMI cable, but got the same results. So I highly suspect the PSU now. Majesticii, here are the details directly from the PSU:

+3.3 V +5 V +12 V (1) +12 V (2)
    21 A 25 A 21A 21 A
    160W 480W

So either it does not support the new GPU or it's broken...